Skinny-Dip Skyrim

View File

Rings and spells that remove worn items when standing in water, and replaces them back on land, with a chance for erotic encounters among those affected.

I’ve included a short quest that will take you to most of the items in the mod, which begins by reading a letter in Wuunferth the Unliving's chambers in Windhelm. Otherwise, most items in the game are found in Velehk Sain's locker. 

The mod works on every body of water in Skyrim and Solstheim that is represented by a water type. For the vast majority of water, this will be the case, but parts of some lakes do not have water types, in which case the mod uses swimming as a backup trigger.

The mod works well with Realistic Water 2. Anything else that affects water types could potentially conflict with this mod.  Any new water types not in the base game will not work, though it is easy to make patches for mods, i.e. Falskaar, and I do take requests.

From the in-game ReadMe:

Spoiler

When a character is affected by a nereid enchantment or spell, then stands still in water, armor and clothing will be removed, and every minute there will be a random chance for sex among some, all, or none of the participants for as long as they stay in the water.

Around once a minute, give or take, any NPC that has the skinny-dip effect has a 50% chance to register for sex.  If so, there is a 50% chance the player registers as well.  Ten seconds after every registration, there is a 50% chance that sex will begin, or if not, then the actors wait for more to be added.  If a character in the queue registers again, then there is a 100% chance SexLab will trigger.

If registrations don't happen fast enough, and for small groups it will drag sometimes, then the spells "Sex Party" and "Private Party" increase the likelihood of erotic encounters.  Private Party has the highest rate, designed for pairs.

The mod expects most SexLab settings will be turned on.  The mod uses SexLab's "Undress Animation" setting to determine if the strip animation will play when characters enter the water.  It uses SexLab's strip settings to determine what armor and items get removed.

Now, females briefly re-equip armor and clothing after strapon use, which I can't stop, so disable strapons if you don't want this to happen.  The setting "Filter gay/lesbian animations" reduces strapon use without stopping it altogether.

In water, ragdoll endings tend to crash or create other animation problems, so the mod disables it for the SexLab threads it creates.  Swimming blocks SexLab since sex animations weren't designed for deep water and don't look right.  The mod tries to select for sitting and standing animations to place characters heads above water.  This works much of the time, but not always.

Since creature animations are limited to pairs, when a creature registers it selects the last character added to the queue and removes everyone else.  If the creature is first, then the next addition will be the lucky partner.  Creature sex needs to be turned on in SexLab if you want that, and can be turned on or off anytime.

Several supplemental items are included, which can be mixed and matched for additional effects.

The Crown of the Nereid Queen prevents registering for sex.  The player resists skinny-dip spells as well, but enchantments still work.  It allows watching without participating, and pairs with the Private Party spell for watching followers go at it.  If combined with a skinny-dip ring or enchanted item, it casts Candlelight in the dark.

The Staff of the Nereid Queen offers an aimed, area-of-effect skinny-dip spell.  If the staff is drawn while wearing the crown, it casts the Nereid Storm.

These items are located in Velehk Sain's locker, which you can go straight to if you've accessed it already.  A disenchatable version of Nereid's Ring can be found with Haldyn at Japhet's Folly, or in Windhelm's East Empire Company if you already did the quest, or can be pickpocketed from Sybille Stentor.  

A quest is included that starts by reading a letter in Wuunferth the Unliving's quarters in Windhelm, which takes you to the various items in the mod, including the Velehk quest.

The Nereid Suppressor item prevents followers from skinny-dipping unless the player skinny-dips first. This is how it usually happens anyway, but for those who need this function, here it is.  It just needs to be in the player's bag; it doesn't need to be equipped.  Available by AddItemMenu or Console Commands only.  

There is a legacy "Skinny-dip Spell" which doesn't use SexLab (so no stripping and no sex), also available thorugh AddItemMenu or console commands. 

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    09/22/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    SexLab, Dawnguard, Dragonborn
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Yes

6 hours ago, slizer40000 said:

Is it compatible with SSE by default? Would be nice to have this mod there also.

No, it is not compatible. If I had SE, I gladly would do the conversion. As I understand it, the plugin itself isn't hard to convert, it just needs to be loaded it the SSE version of Creation Kit and saved, more or less, but the scripts are incompatible as well and need to be recompiled in the same program. I bet there is more to it than that but anyone is welcome to do it, the script sources are included.  

On 9/26/2020 at 6:05 AM, sfMechanist said:

No, it is not compatible. If I had SE, I gladly would do the conversion. As I understand it, the plugin itself isn't hard to convert, it just needs to be loaded it the SSE version of Creation Kit and saved, more or less, but the scripts are incompatible as well and need to be recompiled in the same program. I bet there is more to it than that but anyone is welcome to do it, the script sources are included.  

I used Papyrus Compiler App since CK did not even display the scripts from this mod.

I managed to recompile most of the scripts and resave the plugin in SE CK, however, these scripts failed to compile due to an error linked to SexLab:

SKDP_CandlelightScript

SKDPs_Excited

SKDPs_PoolParty

SKDPs_Registration

SKDPs_WaterScript

The error reads: failed to compile: \...\sslThreadController.psc(392,1): the parameter defaults of function centeroncoords in state animating on script sslthreadcontroller do not match the parent script sslthreadmodel

SexLabFramework.psc(3032,1): the parameter defaults of function newthread in state disabled on script sexlabframework does not match the empty state

6 hours ago, slizer40000 said:

I used Papyrus Compiler App since CK did not even display the scripts from this mod.

I managed to recompile most of the scripts and resave the plugin in SE CK, however, these scripts failed to compile due to an error linked to SexLab:

SKDP_CandlelightScript

SKDPs_Excited

SKDPs_PoolParty

SKDPs_Registration

SKDPs_WaterScript

The error reads: failed to compile: \...\sslThreadController.psc(392,1): the parameter defaults of function centeroncoords in state animating on script sslthreadcontroller do not match the parent script sslthreadmodel

SexLabFramework.psc(3032,1): the parameter defaults of function newthread in state disabled on script sexlabframework does not match the empty state

Dang, good work, good effort... you got pretty far.  

There are indeed several additional things needed for SexLab scripts to compile, certainly that is true in Oldrim and I'm sure it is similar in SE, which luckily I wrote down when I did a fresh install of Windows & Skyrim.   Here are my notes.  Not sure which of these apply to SE, or not, but give each a look.

To get a SexLab script to compile:

1. Script.rar in the data folder, contains all of Skyrim's scripts and sources, needs to be extracted.
    Extract into the data folder, the location where it currently is at.
2. Download SkyUI developers kit (SkyUI_5.1_SDK) from: https://github.com/schlangster/skyui/wiki
    Install and enable it
    SkyUI needs to be installed as well.
3. FNIS Creature Pack from the Nexus needs to be installed and enabled, along with FNIS
    It's one of the files under the FNIS main page
4. The Lastest version of SKSE (.7z archive) from Silverlock.org needs to be copy/pasted over SKSE from Steam 
    So, extract the achive onto the desktop, copy all the contents of the extracted folder
        and paste that into the Skyrim Folder.
    (maybe can try installing it next time).

If you are not a somewhat experienced modder, I'm very impressed you made it this far, or even if you are then good job anyway.  Let me know wherever else you get stuck, or how else I might be informative.

For shits and giggles, if the mod loads ok, maybe give yourself the spell "Skinny-Dip Spell" either the self or targeted version or both, and try that, since it just removes clothes and armor on contact with water but doesn't use any SexLab so wouldn't require any of the problematic scripts.  If that works, it shows you are on the right track.

13 hours ago, sfMechanist said:

Dang, good work, good effort... you got pretty far.  

There are indeed several additional things needed for SexLab scripts to compile, certainly that is true in Oldrim and I'm sure it is similar in SE, which luckily I wrote down when I did a fresh install of Windows & Skyrim.   Here are my notes.  Not sure which of these apply to SE, or not, but give each a look.

To get a SexLab script to compile:

1. Script.rar in the data folder, contains all of Skyrim's scripts and sources, needs to be extracted.
    Extract into the data folder, the location where it currently is at.
2. Download SkyUI developers kit (SkyUI_5.1_SDK) from: https://github.com/schlangster/skyui/wiki
    Install and enable it
    SkyUI needs to be installed as well.
3. FNIS Creature Pack from the Nexus needs to be installed and enabled, along with FNIS
    It's one of the files under the FNIS main page
4. The Lastest version of SKSE (.7z archive) from Silverlock.org needs to be copy/pasted over SKSE from Steam 
    So, extract the achive onto the desktop, copy all the contents of the extracted folder
        and paste that into the Skyrim Folder.
    (maybe can try installing it next time).

If you are not a somewhat experienced modder, I'm very impressed you made it this far, or even if you are then good job anyway.  Let me know wherever else you get stuck, or how else I might be informative.

I did the above, except I am using SKSE 2.0.17 and MO2 if that matters. All the scripts compiled except the problematic ones. I will enter the game and test the functionality without recompiling these scripts to see if it is even needed to do so.

The guide over at afkmods says scripts need not be recompiled unless they are dependent on a specific SKSE version. What do you think?

26 minutes ago, slizer40000 said:

I did the above, except I am using SKSE 2.0.17 and MO2 if that matters. All the scripts compiled except the problematic ones. I will enter the game and test the functionality without recompiling these scripts to see if it is even needed to do so.

The guide over at afkmods says scripts need not be recompiled unless they are dependent on a specific SKSE version. What do you think?

That all sounds good.  If you did item #1, I think that might be required to do any compiling with CK so maybe try it again just to see if it works?  What I heard is SE uses 64-bit scripts, and Oldrim uses 32-bit, which is why they are incompatible, and that is all I can say -- try both ways and whatever works, go with that.  If the mod loads, like the objects are there such as spell books and rings, and any script works, I'm thinking you are not that far away from success.

7 hours ago, slizer40000 said:

I posted on the technical subforum and Roggvir was kind enough to recompile the scripts. It seems the problem lies with my installation.

The converted plugin and scripts recompiled using SexLab 1.63.08 Beta are attached.

I have yet to test in-game.

Skinny-Dip Skyrim SE scripts and ESP - scripts recompiled by Roggvir.7z 73.9 kB · 0 downloads

Ok great. I've read many old zombified posts from Roggvir in order to get SexLab running, and get through other SexLab issues, so I probably should thank him directly.

Since I have no way of testing it or insuring that it works, and if it werent for you a port to SE would never happen, it is yours to make your own, modify, take all the credit you want, and upload where you want.  When you have the time, of course. I appreciate your support this far, most of us take baby steps into modding because it is roadblock after roadblock after roadblock to get anywhere. 

On 10/5/2020 at 1:50 AM, sfMechanist said:

Ok great. I've read many old zombified posts from Roggvir in order to get SexLab running, and get through other SexLab issues, so I probably should thank him directly.

Since I have no way of testing it or insuring that it works, and if it werent for you a port to SE would never happen, it is yours to make your own, modify, take all the credit you want, and upload where you want.  When you have the time, of course. I appreciate your support this far, most of us take baby steps into modding because it is roadblock after roadblock after roadblock to get anywhere. 

If you're proposing that I host the file in the Skyrim SE downloads section here then that's alright by me. I do not plan to modify the mod any further at present than simply porting to SE. I just need to make my installation capable of compiling scripts whenever the mod needs updating to not lean on others every time.

I will post here again when I have tested the mod in-game.

• 4 weeks later...

A small update about SE compatibility. The mod registers and I can give myself the items using AddItemMenu, so basically it works just fine in SE. It is possible that you do not actually need to recompile anything and it works in SE like in LE. I am not 100% sure, yet I saw no problems with it in my game.

2 hours ago, slizer40000 said:

A small update about SE compatibility. The mod registers and I can give myself the items using AddItemMenu, so basically it works just fine in SE. It is possible that you do not actually need to recompile anything and it works in SE like in LE. I am not 100% sure, yet I saw no problems with it in my game.

Oh ok.  Great!  Sounds easier than I would have thought.  Great news though.  Hope you like it.

Whenever I post a new version of it, I run through this checklist to see if everything is working.  I don't expect you to do this or know what I mean with a lot of these items, but maybe reading over the list would be informative. 

Find an old save that has never loaded the mod.

Travel to Calcemo’s enchanting table in Markarth.

1. AddItemMenu: Read descriptions for all spells and items, edit as needed.

2. Disenchant nereid ring replica, then enchant items.

2a. Give to followers.  Review Water Check, prevent loss of water spell if player skinny-dips. 

2aa. Swimming slowdown, normal speed on land.

2b. Land effect dispelled on item removal.

3. Confirm no undress animation when turned off in SexLab.

4. Fast travel to a shipwreck or Dawnstar with followers.

5. Check entering the water on a horse--that the spell does not trigger.

5a. Get off the horse in the water, get back on horse, return to land and get off.

6. Water Breathing (Nereid Ring).

6a. Confirm no strip animation if swimming. 

7. Wait for night: Nereid ring places candlelight on followers, in darkness, while swimming.

7a. Crown places a candlelight in water, standing or swimming (if ring is worn). 

9. Fast travel to Illinalta Deep. Take back all items from followers.

9a. Cast Private Party on followers and check the back-up swimming trigger.

9b. SexLab doesn’t trigger while the player swims.

9c. Swim to the Lady Stone:  check if safe from slaughterfish.

9d. Return to shore and check the skinny-dip stamina perk.

10. Use the non-SL version spells. 

10a. AddMenuItem: Read and edit notes and books.

11. Reload the original unblemished save and Fast travel to Windhelm: Play through the quest, review the items and spells when encountered.

12. Confirm the effect is not lost in shallow water, at the Atronach Stone, or Hunters camp. 

13. Load any save with a Riekling and/or dog and confirm that creatures can be turned off.

19 hours ago, sfMechanist said:

Oh ok.  Great!  Sounds easier than I would have thought.  Great news though.  Hope you like it.

Whenever I post a new version of it, I run through this checklist to see if everything is working.  I don't expect you to do this or know what I mean with a lot of these items, but maybe reading over the list would be informative. 

Find an old save that has never loaded the mod.

Travel to Calcemo’s enchanting table in Markarth.

1. AddItemMenu: Read descriptions for all spells and items, edit as needed.

2. Disenchant nereid ring replica, then enchant items.

2a. Give to followers.  Review Water Check, prevent loss of water spell if player skinny-dips. 

2aa. Swimming slowdown, normal speed on land.

2b. Land effect dispelled on item removal.

3. Confirm no undress animation when turned off in SexLab.

4. Fast travel to a shipwreck or Dawnstar with followers.

5. Check entering the water on a horse--that the spell does not trigger.

5a. Get off the horse in the water, get back on horse, return to land and get off.

6. Water Breathing (Nereid Ring).

6a. Confirm no strip animation if swimming. 

7. Wait for night: Nereid ring places candlelight on followers, in darkness, while swimming.

7a. Crown places a candlelight in water, standing or swimming (if ring is worn). 

9. Fast travel to Illinalta Deep. Take back all items from followers.

9a. Cast Private Party on followers and check the back-up swimming trigger.

9b. SexLab doesn’t trigger while the player swims.

9c. Swim to the Lady Stone:  check if safe from slaughterfish.

9d. Return to shore and check the skinny-dip stamina perk.

10. Use the non-SL version spells. 

10a. AddMenuItem: Read and edit notes and books.

11. Reload the original unblemished save and Fast travel to Windhelm: Play through the quest, review the items and spells when encountered.

12. Confirm the effect is not lost in shallow water, at the Atronach Stone, or Hunters camp. 

13. Load any save with a Riekling and/or dog and confirm that creatures can be turned off.

Now that's a list of bullet points alright. AddItemMenu is my favorite spell as well. I do the same with my mods to see if they work as intended so it's a great reference to use. Rather than horses I use dwemer bikes which are technically considered horses by the game, but run faster. For now, I'm prioritizing my own mod to publish the next update asap. I started a new game with this mod enabled so I guess that counts as a fresh save? Or should I remove everything with Savetool before testing?

I will let you know when I've gone through the list as it may take a while.

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Larrydd said:

Hi cant wait to try this mod one question, in say a place like levellers tower there are showers and a pool which dont have auto strip, if I use the rings will I and my follower strip in the shower.thanks

Very shallow water yes, waterfalls and little creeks no.  Underground or indoor water, no problem.  The mod detects contact with the water types it knows.  So, it depends  if the modder used water types from Skyrim, then yes it will work, if if they made their own water types, then no.  I've never played Levellers Tower but sounds cool I'll put it on my list.  Most mods, like Bruuma, use Skyrim's water types, but Falskaar uses all its own water types but it took me 5 minutes to make a patch, so I'd be open to requests.  Let me know.

(There are a few lakes in Skyrim where the mod doesn't work, because puzzlingly there are no water types.  The water types are there in Creation Kit, but not when you play the game.)

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, jpee1965 said:

Can I ask what's in the update? Just getting eyes on the mod for the first time.

Feature-wise it is the same as 1.0.0 with some bug fixes.  The internals of the quests were significantly reworked, where various changes I made to vanilla object references are now quest aliases. 

• 1 month later...