On 7/29/2022 at 7:53 PM, MagnaSonic3000 said:

I'm wondering what increased the chances of reaching the next stage. There doesn't seem to be an obvious way of being more than below average.

Cultivating the 5 Elements (water, fire, earth, wood and metal) - ideally to the maximum - solidifies your cultivation base and makes breakthroughs easier.

Breaking through with less than optimal conditions also reduces future growth potential. Basically when the base is small you cannot build very high.

So, in the "tim_traits" file, the roots are divided in commonality based on factors - what's the calc on that, exactly, if I wanted to customize spawn rates? So far, I'm guessing the higher the Factor value the less common it is, since Damaged has a Factor of 0 and Divine has a Factor of 12.8, but some more specific numbers would be nice.

2 minutes ago, G4r5vb said:

So, in the "tim_traits" file, the roots are divided in commonality based on factors - what's the calc on that, exactly, if I wanted to customize spawn rates? So far, I'm guessing the higher the Factor value the less common it is, since Damaged has a Factor of 0 and Divine has a Factor of 12.8, but some more specific numbers would be nice.

I just released a new version with adapted chances for roots (among many other changes).

You are looking for: Event TIMSOC.1027 - where the initial Cultivation Roots are generated.

Roots are only generated through events, or inherited (there is no random distribution). Meaning a character holds a ceremony and gets their result according to factors like genius, bloodline etc. these are only "chances" in the end it is a roll of the dice.

7 minutes ago, Gildoniel said:

I just released a new version with adapted chances for roots (among many other changes).

You are looking for: Event TIMSOC.1027 - where the initial Cultivation Roots are generated.

Roots are only generated through events, or inherited (there is no random distribution). Meaning a character holds a ceremony and gets their result according to factors like genius, bloodline etc. these are only "chances" in the end it is a roll of the dice.

Yeah, I checked and I think I see it. For example having Genius would completely prevent a Broken Spirit Root since it has a factor of 0 there, while Imbecile would massively increase the chance of one since it has a Factor of 2, if I understand things right.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Sorry for the many releases!

I write something new, test it and it seems to work. Then I play some more and notice some things are broken ... I fix them and find other parts that could be made better (by adding proper custom tooltips). Well ... I found out adding those can break things like functionality as well.

Anyway: Things should improve and get more nice / smooth with every update - so I hope you enjoy.

Edited by Gildoniel
typo
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2022 at 12:18 PM, Star Venerable said:

I haven't seen something like this before. Do you perhaps read xianxia or wuxia?

Read a lot actually and I practice QiGong and Buddhism Practices myself - so I like the topic ;)

Btw. major Update is around the corner - with Cultivation Clans and next step Alchemy and other professions.

Would you be willing to consider nerfing the early stages of cultivation? Being able to get +20 to all stats without any tribulations is crazy OP. I think something like +5 per stage would be better (with True Immortal retaining the +200 as the reward for making it that far). That's a full Genius trait at each rank, which feels more appropriate.

I also think the tribulations are too easy right now. They start out more difficult in the early stages than the later stages if you max out your training. That's the opposite of what should happen! At the higher levels, there should always be a chance of failure, injury, and death, no matter how prepared you are. Currently, if you can get full stats in Qi Gathering you're basically set to hit True Immortal with no difficulty, as your lifespan is always long enough to get the full training in.

I like the idea of this mod (I have read too much xianxia) but it feels too much like a major cheat to play it in serious playthroughs.

edit: I ended up starting to work on this myself. Changing the max training is easy, but I've pretty much rewritten the tribulations at this point. Not done yet, still got some weird issues, but it's mostly working.

Edited by literally_nobody

Finished my balance patch. Here's the zip and change list.

---

Requires the True Immortal Cultivation base mod. (the one from August 10, 2022). Newer versions of the base mod will (99% chance) break this patch, and there's supposed to be a new version soon so beware.

Installation: Extract the "True-Immortal" folder into your ".../Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/mod/" folder, letting these files overwrite the original TIC files.

Cultivation / Dao Training:
- train up to 4 stats per realm (down from 10) (except for True Immortal, which gets 128)
- Bonus attainable stats down to 0 (from 10)
- max stats @ qi gathering: 4
- max stats @ earth immortal: 28
- max stats @ true immortal: 128
- Each stat costs 4x more than it used to
- total Qi to reach max stats is ~105% of the Qi cost of the original mod (not including tribulation costs, which are unchanged (but you'll have more tribulations due to more failures))

Tribulations:
- Significantly harder to break through without max stats for your realm.
- Penalties to your success rate accrue as your realm increases
- There will be more failures, no matter how prepared you are
- the risk of injury and death never goes away
- Example - The tribulation for becoming a True Immortal from an Earth Immortal has a max success rate of ~70% with maximized Dao trainings

Cultivator Traits
- removed stat bonuses from cultivation rank. The Dao Training is strong enough, we don't need to double dip
- massively nerfed the buffs to army leadership. Now it's 10% bonus per realm, not 10% * 2^realm bonuses (those higher-tier-led armies could blitz the whole map in a month)
  - Just because the cultivator is amazing doesn't mean the basic-bitch levies are also amazing. That's what Technology and buildings are for.
- added monthly Prestige gain (equal to existing monthly Piety gain). Felt weird to not have, and it helps to offset the huge nerfs to the traits.

Misc
- adjusted some other things to compensate for the above changes (e.g. tribulation confidence calculation)

Recommendations:
- I didn't screw with the Qi level options, but anything above "Qi is thin" on the second page is borderline cheating. Use that or harder for a real-feeling experience with this mod. Even "Qi is thin" lets you get to True Immortal in ~50 years with a decent root.

True Immortal Cultivation - Unofficial Balance Patch.zip

Edited by literally_nobody
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/25/2022 at 7:43 AM, literally_nobody said:

Finished my balance patch. Here's the zip and change list.

---

Requires the True Immortal Cultivation base mod. (the one from August 10, 2022). Newer versions of the base mod will (99% chance) break this patch, and there's supposed to be a new version soon so beware.

Installation: Extract the "True-Immortal" folder into your ".../Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/mod/" folder, letting these files overwrite the original TIC files.

Cultivation / Dao Training:
- train up to 4 stats per realm (down from 10) (except for True Immortal, which gets 128)
- Bonus attainable stats down to 0 (from 10)
- max stats @ qi gathering: 4
- max stats @ earth immortal: 28
- max stats @ true immortal: 128
- Each stat costs 4x more than it used to
- total Qi to reach max stats is ~105% of the Qi cost of the original mod (not including tribulation costs, which are unchanged (but you'll have more tribulations due to more failures))

Tribulations:
- Significantly harder to break through without max stats for your realm.
- Penalties to your success rate accrue as your realm increases
- There will be more failures, no matter how prepared you are
- the risk of injury and death never goes away
- Example - The tribulation for becoming a True Immortal from an Earth Immortal has a max success rate of ~70% with maximized Dao trainings

Cultivator Traits
- removed stat bonuses from cultivation rank. The Dao Training is strong enough, we don't need to double dip
- massively nerfed the buffs to army leadership. Now it's 10% bonus per realm, not 10% * 2^realm bonuses (those higher-tier-led armies could blitz the whole map in a month)
  - Just because the cultivator is amazing doesn't mean the basic-bitch levies are also amazing. That's what Technology and buildings are for.
- added monthly Prestige gain (equal to existing monthly Piety gain). Felt weird to not have, and it helps to offset the huge nerfs to the traits.

Misc
- adjusted some other things to compensate for the above changes (e.g. tribulation confidence calculation)

Recommendations:
- I didn't screw with the Qi level options, but anything above "Qi is thin" on the second page is borderline cheating. Use that or harder for a real-feeling experience with this mod. Even "Qi is thin" lets you get to True Immortal in ~50 years with a decent root.

True Immortal Cultivation - Unofficial Balance Patch.zip 31.62 kB · 1 download

Too bad I did not see your post earlier...

There have been many changes since the version you are playing (and referencing), the balance of the whole things has been changed significantly as well.

About Qi levels: Normal was the old setting closest to the 2020 alpha version. Which was super OP because there were no limiters whatsoever and only the player could actually use the stuff. IF you think that turning the Qi Levels UP is a good idea and "cheating" - try in the new version and you will probably get your ass kicked HARD. XD (AI cultivates super efficiently and you will produce armies of True Immortals in your enemy ranks by doing that - so the less Qi the better for you, but challenging to cultivate).

About Tribulations - these are not done/finished by any means (even in my current version) my intention is to make them easier the earlier you break through (so shallow cultivation base -> easy tribulation, because you suck) and REALLY challenge the ones who go to the max thereby challenging the heavens.

The new professions - esp. Alchemy will be necessary to get the "safe" or "safer" brekthroughs we have now and also only when you have the best of the best.

At the moment you have no problems breaking through at all at max training (which is bad).

For cultivation you need Cultivation Manuals or your element training cost have a base multiplicator of 100x - which is especially nasty when you are in Impossible mode.

Master / Apprentice relationships become important.

There are Cultivation Clans/Religions/Cultures/Buildings/Guest Elder titles etc. for the teaching of the Dao.

There are Invasion Scenarios (Divine Phoenix Clan as well as Infernal Devil Clan atm) and Realm Cultivation Ratings that prohibit / limit the use of powers and many other things.

AI will use the same stuff players do - Clan Leaders will even take Dao Companions as well.

For a challenging experience, try to play the current test version at Impossible Setting (no root improvements, almost no Qi) with Divine Clan invasion set to 10 or 25 years with Immortal Mountain Sect closed.

On another note: The gains in Army Power should signify that an Immortal can bash an entire City or County him/herself.  (this is actually intended to be powrful - but still needs work)

10% gains per Rank is no good, because the growth in power "in lore" is more like exponential (which leads to problems in CK2 so I need to find something to work with, as the system has limits). The Cultivator Armies "teleporting" one provice a day is intended - with the new invasion scenarios I will have possibilities to test things much better.

Getting AI to cultivate well and (begin to) use the repertoire skillfully was a first step, now it is time to find balance that the system does not (literally) break (because od overflows for example).

https://cloud.entwicklung.ws/index.php/s/BwVO0TJSHVNGSgL

Password: CK2

Maybe you can tell me what you think about the current version.

Best wishes,

Gildoniel/Tamashii

PS: Before I forget - the Qi Dispering Array is intended to use with Inscription Master Profession and should not only cost one County the entire resources but rather 10-80% of the income of your entire Demense depending on the Qi density. But for testing purposes it has to do for now.

Edited by Gildoniel
Added PS

On 9/19/2022 at 7:30 PM, Gildoniel said:

10% gains per Rank is no good, because the growth in power "in lore" is more like exponential (which leads to problems in CK2 so I need to find something to work with, as the system has limits). The Cultivator Armies "teleporting" one provice a day is intended - with the new invasion scenarios I will have possibilities to test things much better.

Sadly, it breaks down at the highest levels. Unable to damage enemy army in skirmish phase but then instantly stack wiping them when melee phase finally begins (and yes I have skirmish capable troops), making battles last longer than at intermediate cultivation. Instantly, or nearly so, stack wiping requires far less power against mere mortal commanders. Fort assaults doing no damage to the garrison but just melting the assaulting army. The siege will end after the first 12 days though, which mitigates the damage.

I believe in one battle I even managed to increase enemy troops by ~48000. They were promptly dispatched in the next battle but still.

On 9/19/2022 at 7:30 PM, Gildoniel said:

Getting AI to cultivate well and (begin to) use the repertoire skillfully was a first step, now it is time to find balance that the system does not (literally) break (because od overflows for example).

AI does not cultivate very bad, assuming it can get a root worth shit, so mostly random chance a genius actually joining the immortal mountain. Most members have broken roots, but can live quite impressively long, which may block new AI characters from joining, though I am uncertain if such limit is implemented like vanilla societies do. On the other extreme, a problem is that characters on the pinnacle of true immortality keep doing the cave and being away from say commanding my other armies and flanks. With dao companions it is at least possible to get them to cultivate without joining, but then I accept low tier roots without chance to improve, get incredibly lucky or console (my choice).

Overflowing of qi mostly happens when you combine divine root with immortal reincarnation or baby cultivator. Effective spiritual root level of 20 is serious business.

I also believe one or more of transitioning from immortality to true immortality, immortal reincarnation or an immortal child growing to adulthood may interrupt the functionality. I have had to edit immortal age of characters to my save files when I noticed characters who are supposed to be eternally young aging visually. I am uncertain if the finicky implementation of 'immortal = yes' traits can be fixed.

On 9/29/2022 at 7:49 PM, zup said:

Sadly, it breaks down at the highest levels. Unable to damage enemy army in skirmish phase but then instantly stack wiping them when melee phase finally begins (and yes I have skirmish capable troops), making battles last longer than at intermediate cultivation. Instantly, or nearly so, stack wiping requires far less power against mere mortal commanders. Fort assaults doing no damage to the garrison but just melting the assaulting army. The siege will end after the first 12 days though, which mitigates the damage.

I believe in one battle I even managed to increase enemy troops by ~48000. They were promptly dispatched in the next battle but still.

AI does not cultivate very bad, assuming it can get a root worth shit, so mostly random chance a genius actually joining the immortal mountain. Most members have broken roots, but can live quite impressively long, which may block new AI characters from joining, though I am uncertain if such limit is implemented like vanilla societies do. On the other extreme, a problem is that characters on the pinnacle of true immortality keep doing the cave and being away from say commanding my other armies and flanks. With dao companions it is at least possible to get them to cultivate without joining, but then I accept low tier roots without chance to improve, get incredibly lucky or console (my choice).

Overflowing of qi mostly happens when you combine divine root with immortal reincarnation or baby cultivator. Effective spiritual root level of 20 is serious business.

I also believe one or more of transitioning from immortality to true immortality, immortal reincarnation or an immortal child growing to adulthood may interrupt the functionality. I have had to edit immortal age of characters to my save files when I noticed characters who are supposed to be eternally young aging visually. I am uncertain if the finicky implementation of 'immortal = yes' traits can be fixed.

I just uploaded a new test version, which addresses most of the issues you wrote about.

Problem is CK2 is VERY BAD for simulating cultivation. The number ranges are low, overflows happen easily.

As you can see in the current test:

- Qi Values are much lower 1/1000 of before - basically everything is measured in k units (preventing overflows).

- To combat having too many cultivators (and lag) there are adaptive softcaps as well as hadcaps/pruning mechanisms in place now.

- Cultivators at the end of their journey (cannot reasonably progress anymore) will become inactive taking much less CPU power as events are only checked sparingly

- Cultivation and breakthroughs have been revamped completely

-> roots determine how far a cultivator can go (without reckless and dangerous behaviour)

-> cultivation breakthrough success and injuries are now separate - you can be injured in a tribulation but succeed in the breakthrough or not be injured at all but fail

-> Dao Combat Training helps to survive Tribulations and avoid injuries

-> Cultivation Masters can help the success rate of the Breakthrough

- Base Combat values have been drastically reduced so that overflows do no longer happen, I intend to introduce powers that consume Qi to buff/boost combat and rewrite the routines for combat cultivator vs. cultivator fundamentally (but this will again take time).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Whoever wants to try the new Alchemy system - give the current test version a whirl. If possible give me your feedback. I personally like the new profession alot ?
In the beginning it is an endless sink for money - as you need buildings and also hundreds of coins that get wasted by your early failed experiments. BUT eventually your ruler will just laugh about money... there are pills worth more than small kingdoms - so getting rich down the path is "okay" - you will spend most of your time on the Lab (in hiding) so one has to balance that with good ruling.

Edited by Gildoniel
typo
On 10/27/2022 at 1:08 AM, Gildoniel said:

Whoever wants to try the new Alchemy system - give the current test version a whirl. If possible give me your feedback. I personally like the new profession alot ?
In the beginning it is an endless sink for money - as you need buildings and also hundreds of coins that get wasted by your early failed experiments. BUT eventually your ruler will just laugh about money... there are pills worth more than small kingdoms - so getting rich down the path is "okay" - you will spend most of your time on the Lab (in hiding) so one has to balance that with good ruling.

Well then my own 2cents to the state of things:

Known Probems: TIM
- God Names break (that is a core CK2 problem for reformed religions in general)
  -> fix God Names & Add Pantheon
- Check & expand Tooltips
- Check & expand Event Texts & Pictures
- No Healing Pills
  -> Idea: Pills for healing injuries and treating cultivation backlash for different ranks
- No Pills for God Rank
  -> As the God Rank System is not yet fully implemented
- No Opinion Modifiers for Pill Targets
  -> They should probably be very grateful
- Sect Contribution for Alchemy Proficiency
  -> being an Alchemist should reflect in the score as well as in contribution
- Need better Control over Dao Companions
  -> Who is NOT dual cultivating?
  -> Adult Dao Promises eligible for Dao Marriage?
  -> List all Dao Partners ...
- Not enough Dao Powers for the different ranks
  -> Idea: Every minor rank gives points that can be used to learn and customize powers
- Keeping track of lost Health in Breakthroughs (to regain it somehow)
- Combat Overhaul (debuf enemies by your own "rank" and get debuffed by theirs)

Future Feature Ideas:
- God Ranks
  -> dependent on Worshippers (numbers & ranks)
- Pantheon -> More Qi (implemented)
- Decision to worship a certain Deity in the Pantheon (like Hindu or Bön)
  -> gives Faith Energy to Deity
- Powers for Faith Energy
- Converting Independent Rulers can join the Clan as Subordinate Clans

So in a nutshell: Things seem to work fine on a technical level (which is a good start). With a codebase of over 40k lines of code there WILL be bugs - heck even the base game "provides" bugs to build upon... But for better of worse, things look decent for me (few dozend hours of testing stuff in a few runs). The Tooltips are the real culprits now - as some of the auto generated ones don't make much sense. Events are still "stiff" and not yet very fluffy or flavourful - as I have been working day in and day out on functionality.

Should you have comments or ideas, please let me know!

Taking a dao companion of different dynasty breaks the dynasty tree. Either the dynasty should not be changed, or they should be made a child of an existing dynast too. Since we can have our waifus reincarnate as our dynastic children as soon as they reach immortality, adopting them into the dynasty seems redundant.

Is dual cultivation working? My dao companion has no life qi accumulation. Also option to keep doing it without event spam seems to have vanished.

Is it intentional most of the world converts to either of the cultivation religions? Playing without clan invasions.

Nomads do not get cultivation buildings. Will have to do a start with something else next time to see if alchemy can make breakthroughs less of a pain. Minor clan uprisings are annoying anyway, even if a khagan can get quite nice number of titles for dynastic prestige before reincarnating. Lets hope alchemy can compensate for the loss of silk road gold with minter.

When I was immortal cultivator (rank 4) in sect, trying to buy a peak mortal cultivation manual got me a peak immortal cultivation manual instead. I suppose a replacement would have had less sentimental value though.

Dealing with cultivator rivals is a pain, nobody wants to join my plot to murder their cultivator liege. Well, specifically not-rivals, as I have been antagonizing the guy for decades and he still will not let me duel him. He recently reached immortality too, so no old age to put him out of my misery. There is a way to deal with one permanently, right? Or will he endlessly reincarnate if I ever manage to kill him. Have to consider less abundant qi options next time. AI cultivators seem to get promotions they do not qualify for in the immortal mountain sect society.

How do potential and righteusness work? Potential seems to have gone up over the decades of cultivation. Righteousness is blank but was -2 in previous game, only relevant for righteous dao?

On 11/6/2022 at 9:13 PM, zup said:

Taking a dao companion of different dynasty breaks the dynasty tree. Either the dynasty should not be changed, or they should be made a child of an existing dynast too. Since we can have our waifus reincarnate as our dynastic children as soon as they reach immortality, adopting them into the dynasty seems redundant.

Is dual cultivation working? My dao companion has no life qi accumulation. Also option to keep doing it without event spam seems to have vanished.

Is it intentional most of the world converts to either of the cultivation religions? Playing without clan invasions.

Nomads do not get cultivation buildings. Will have to do a start with something else next time to see if alchemy can make breakthroughs less of a pain. Minor clan uprisings are annoying anyway, even if a khagan can get quite nice number of titles for dynastic prestige before reincarnating. Lets hope alchemy can compensate for the loss of silk road gold with minter.

When I was immortal cultivator (rank 4) in sect, trying to buy a peak mortal cultivation manual got me a peak immortal cultivation manual instead. I suppose a replacement would have had less sentimental value though.

Dealing with cultivator rivals is a pain, nobody wants to join my plot to murder their cultivator liege. Well, specifically not-rivals, as I have been antagonizing the guy for decades and he still will not let me duel him. He recently reached immortality too, so no old age to put him out of my misery. There is a way to deal with one permanently, right? Or will he endlessly reincarnate if I ever manage to kill him. Have to consider less abundant qi options next time. AI cultivators seem to get promotions they do not qualify for in the immortal mountain sect society.

How do potential and righteusness work? Potential seems to have gone up over the decades of cultivation. Righteousness is blank but was -2 in previous game, only relevant for righteous dao?

#Dao Companions & Dynasties:

Adopting Dao Partners into your Dynasty has several reasons. You are basically "hijacking" them from their respective families and they move to your side (unless they are landed), making them part of your clan (no matter which family they belonged before - also removing bastard and other modifiers).

He issue with being adopted before they reincarnate as partners is also more difficult that it might appear. Especially for players from LoversLab, who use LF or DW the "futa" / gender bending options.

When you can be father AND mother of children the rigid CK2 system makes trouble. "Regular Marriage" means: Children are born to the Dynasty of the father. "Matrilineal Marriage" means: Children are born to the dynasty of the mother. When marrying women as futa (who is always a woman) - there needs to be a temporary gender swap - in which the marriage happens, making the "Futa" partner male. Now depending if the player gets pregnant (counting as mother) or impregnates the partner (counting as father) stuff gets tricky with dynasty juggling. Adding to the reason above (the story intention of "being part of the clan") I just opted for adoption.

Yet, I can try and see if it is possible to not break dynastic trees. (Is this issue creating troubles aside from visual/display problems?)

#Dual Cultivation:
It SHOULD work alright. The option to "avoid spam" appears once you form your Cultivation Clan.

Changes here are: The energy is limited by the cultivation level of both partners (there should be a tooltip on the modifier - heart - showing maximum and cap of 1,2k). This means cultivating with several partners below your level will not fill up the energy (as it is restricted by the levels of your partners - the energy can only be added when energy is lower than the partner's current potential).

#Religion:

The story motivated intention here is that cultivators do things differently compared to mortals. I had a version where I worked with culture, but that made huge problems, because everyone either became righteous or wicked culture also changing the ethnicity - in the end you only has Chinese or Aztec looking people - which was no fun.

Then I opted to use Philosophy instead - and leave the culture mechanic untouched. A Cultivator does not believe in Gods as in a Religion - or better they KNOW they exist and can direclty interact/work with them. So they retain the "sympathy" for their old religion (they once thought like that as well) but work to grow towards immortality and goodhood themselves.

For the "benefits": If one lives by cultivation ideas and works/eats/sleeps etc. in a way that is beneficial to cultivation they can get a cultivation root easier - especially when that is done with young age.

In game mechanics: Having cultivation religion gives you a much better (10x higher) chance to awake a cultivation root that is not broken. Along that line: The younger the child, the better the chances, every 4 years below 16 give a x10 factor. Meaning: Children of Cultivator Religion parents basically always have intact roots (even when the parents have broken roots). The "Guest Elders" one can invite teach the philosophy to further cultivation, so many convert.

#Purchase:

You bought a mortal rank and got immortal rank? That would be a bug ...

The Immortal book is much more expensive.

-> I will have a look at the code.

#Nomads:

Nomad Cultivators ... I mean ... sitting in seclusion, cultivating for days and weeks or longer. Can they be considerd Nomads at all then?

Maybe I am just missing the picture on how this could look. Or maybe they have other practices suited for their lifestyle - I just have no idea how that would look,

Nomads are the guys riding around and setting up yurts and stuff no? So Cultivation "Buildings" .... don't they hate buildings in CK2?

-> Please give me feedback on how you envision cultivating Nomads and I can add something.

#Cultivator Rivals:

If you kill him and he reincarnates he won't be your rival anymore.

If you kill him while he is a wounded immortal (after failed tribulation for example) - he will permanently die.

#Cultivator Ethics are polarized on "righteous" and "wicked":

Rule of thumb: All "green" traits (virtues) are good for righteous people. Honest, trusting, content, hero, etc are as well (so they are not always "good" in game mechanics).

All "red" traits (vices) are good for wicked people (displaying minus values in righteousness). Ambitious, deceitful etc. also count here.

If you have a negative balance then you will likely attract a wicked guest elder should you call for one with positive balance will likely be a righteous one. The stronger the indication the higher the chance. Negative righteousness rating + wicked dao means high potential. Negative righteousness + righteous dao is low potential and vice versa (rather intuitive I hope).

#Future Plans:

-> Possibilities for Cultivators to fight eachother for treasures

-> Injuring Cultivators and permanently kill them or injur their cultivation (dropping it)

-> Righteous and Wicked disctinction: Wicked can sacrifice others and improve or steal cultivation in fights by beating foes, but cannot reincarnate easily (as the heavens hate them).

-> much more stuff ...

I hope I could answer some of your questions!

Please tell me your thoughts!

On 11/8/2022 at 12:02 PM, Gildoniel said:

#Dao Companions & Dynasties:

Adopting Dao Partners into your Dynasty has several reasons. You are basically "hijacking" them from their respective families and they move to your side (unless they are landed), making them part of your clan (no matter which family they belonged before - also removing bastard and other modifiers).

He issue with being adopted before they reincarnate as partners is also more difficult that it might appear. Especially for players from LoversLab, who use LF or DW the "futa" / gender bending options.

When you can be father AND mother of children the rigid CK2 system makes trouble. "Regular Marriage" means: Children are born to the Dynasty of the father. "Matrilineal Marriage" means: Children are born to the dynasty of the mother. When marrying women as futa (who is always a woman) - there needs to be a temporary gender swap - in which the marriage happens, making the "Futa" partner male. Now depending if the player gets pregnant (counting as mother) or impregnates the partner (counting as father) stuff gets tricky with dynasty juggling. Adding to the reason above (the story intention of "being part of the clan") I just opted for adoption.

Yet, I can try and see if it is possible to not break dynastic trees. (Is this issue creating troubles aside from visual/display problems?)

#Dual Cultivation:
It SHOULD work alright. The option to "avoid spam" appears once you form your Cultivation Clan.

Changes here are: The energy is limited by the cultivation level of both partners (there should be a tooltip on the modifier - heart - showing maximum and cap of 1,2k). This means cultivating with several partners below your level will not fill up the energy (as it is restricted by the levels of your partners - the energy can only be added when energy is lower than the partner's current potential).

#Religion:

The story motivated intention here is that cultivators do things differently compared to mortals. I had a version where I worked with culture, but that made huge problems, because everyone either became righteous or wicked culture also changing the ethnicity - in the end you only has Chinese or Aztec looking people - which was no fun.

Then I opted to use Philosophy instead - and leave the culture mechanic untouched. A Cultivator does not believe in Gods as in a Religion - or better they KNOW they exist and can direclty interact/work with them. So they retain the "sympathy" for their old religion (they once thought like that as well) but work to grow towards immortality and goodhood themselves.

For the "benefits": If one lives by cultivation ideas and works/eats/sleeps etc. in a way that is beneficial to cultivation they can get a cultivation root easier - especially when that is done with young age.

In game mechanics: Having cultivation religion gives you a much better (10x higher) chance to awake a cultivation root that is not broken. Along that line: The younger the child, the better the chances, every 4 years below 16 give a x10 factor. Meaning: Children of Cultivator Religion parents basically always have intact roots (even when the parents have broken roots). The "Guest Elders" one can invite teach the philosophy to further cultivation, so many convert.

#Purchase:

You bought a mortal rank and got immortal rank? That would be a bug ...

The Immortal book is much more expensive.

-> I will have a look at the code.

#Nomads:

Nomad Cultivators ... I mean ... sitting in seclusion, cultivating for days and weeks or longer. Can they be considerd Nomads at all then?

Maybe I am just missing the picture on how this could look. Or maybe they have other practices suited for their lifestyle - I just have no idea how that would look,

Nomads are the guys riding around and setting up yurts and stuff no? So Cultivation "Buildings" .... don't they hate buildings in CK2?

-> Please give me feedback on how you envision cultivating Nomads and I can add something.

#Cultivator Rivals:

If you kill him and he reincarnates he won't be your rival anymore.

If you kill him while he is a wounded immortal (after failed tribulation for example) - he will permanently die.

#Cultivator Ethics are polarized on "righteous" and "wicked":

Rule of thumb: All "green" traits (virtues) are good for righteous people. Honest, trusting, content, hero, etc are as well (so they are not always "good" in game mechanics).

All "red" traits (vices) are good for wicked people (displaying minus values in righteousness). Ambitious, deceitful etc. also count here.

If you have a negative balance then you will likely attract a wicked guest elder should you call for one with positive balance will likely be a righteous one. The stronger the indication the higher the chance. Negative righteousness rating + wicked dao means high potential. Negative righteousness + righteous dao is low potential and vice versa (rather intuitive I hope).

#Future Plans:

-> Possibilities for Cultivators to fight eachother for treasures

-> Injuring Cultivators and permanently kill them or injur their cultivation (dropping it)

-> Righteous and Wicked disctinction: Wicked can sacrifice others and improve or steal cultivation in fights by beating foes, but cannot reincarnate easily (as the heavens hate them).

-> much more stuff ...

I hope I could answer some of your questions!

Please tell me your thoughts!

The bug with cultivation books should now be fixed -> you can only purchase the book that fits your current stage. I removed the check for testing and forgot to uncomment it again...

I just released a micro update: On Creation of your Clan Religion the secret religion is automatically dropped. Paying 1000 prestige for 250 piety when you are creating your own religion did not make too much sense.

I thought this to be relevant enough to warrant an update, even when I just release the new major version yesterday.