[ck2] True Immortal Cultivation

Hello everyone!

This is my first mod release on LoversLab, I chose a somewhat bad timing to start the project, a few months ago - as just over a week CK3 was released (which won't exactly hype the popularity for an "old" game). In any case, the mod has seen many improvements and additions over time and I hope it is suitable for use. I tagged it "Alpha Test" as I have been the only one playing with it so far - and I know many things stay hidden from the programmer. I'd appreciate it if you could point out any flaws / problems / inconcistencies etc. you encounter.

- Thank you! -

Note:
To join Immortal Mountain and start cultivating you need to open the society view and click the (!) symbol next to Immortal Mountain to show interest in joining the sect.
Join conditions are are now much more lenient with version 0.1.0:
- below 16 years of age with 10 learning or genius trait
- below 20 years of age with 20 learning and virgin (no children, unmarried, no concubines, no lovers, not lustful, no master seducer, no great pox - unless you use a mod that manages a virgin trait)
- below 40 years of age (should you not fall into the categories above)

Also WARNING: Use with a new game only, as new traits are added - and this will usually wreck your savegames!

True Immortal Cultivation

Features:

Spoiler

Allows the character to cultivate and ascend to Godhood through True Immortality in the end.

There is a new Society "Immortal Mountain" (also present as OffWorld Power) - basically a cultivator sect, with "Immortal Wang" as Off-World Leader and his clone as Sect Leader. Cultivation stages are kept rather "classic" according to daoist lore and a potpouri of cultivation novels:

Qi Gathering, Foundation Building, Core Formation, Nascent Soul, Great Perfection, Human Immortal, Earth Immortal, True Immortal

There are factors like spirit-root quality, traits, health, virginity (staying virgin is good) etc. affecting the rate of Immortal Qi gains (cultivation takes - LONG, every stage requires 4x the Qi of the previous one basically) - can be "awakened" through a ritual in the Sect.

You can use an Immortal Cave in the Sect (basically adding the "on a journey" trait - requiring regency), which boosts Qi gains your current Sect Rank x2.

With Immortal Qi, you can attempt breakthroughs to the next cultivation stage - which can lead from success, via various grades of failure to death, depending on the random element it checks for the tribulation. Base chances are cultivation stage * 5 checked on random element (25 over par is almost guaranteed success and -25 almost certain death). Though danger of death and injury rises every stage (in the beginning it is rather harmless).

When cultivating you buid up your Cultivation Base - that determines the foundation for further stages down the road. Build your base solid (= max out the potential before breakthrough - if feasible) or you will run into limitations later.

5 Elements are bound to 5 CK2 Stats: Diplomacy = Water, Stewardship = Earth, Martial = Fire, Intrigue = Wood, Learning = Metal

You can train in the Dao, investing Immortal Qi into your body and raising your Stats (square increase in cost e.g. Water 10 -> 11 = 10 * 10 * base 10) - this is capped by the current cultivation stage.

Cultivators in the Sect get slower aging (according to cultivation stage) and normal stat bonus for societies. Society itself takes HUGE contributions to rank up and has cultivation rank minimum requirements. Rank Cost (1000, 5000, 25000) - but you will stay in there for a LONG time so it is doable.

On entering the sect, you gain Cultivation-Vows, disallowing you to marry and give you -1000% fertility. Losing Virginity below Rank 3/Great Perfection Stage gets you booted, unless you let some higher cultivators take YOU as THEIR Dao Companion. Should you get booted, you can re-enter once you hit Great Perfection stage.

Alternatively you can enter the sect as Dual Cultivator - not gain the vows (and the bonuses that come with them) but be free to have Dao Partners much earlier.

Dual Cultivators get a maximum of 5/10/100/100 partners per Sect Rank and restrictions below do not apply.

According to this logic: Concubines are ZERO for Ranks 1 & 2 and plenty but soft-capped (100) at 3+ Rank in the Sect - UNLESS you registered as a Dual Cultivator or decide to be one later on by informing the Sect of your decision.

Any cultivator can make "Dao Promises" to any prospective Dao Companion at any stage, giving them "Dao Promise", as well as Celibate Traits (The scope is saved - so they know who their Dao Companion is). You need to be in Diplo range and need 50+ personal opinion among other things + a unmarried / no lovers / no consorts partner. The "Dao Promise" partner will then age slowly, just like you. Downside: You have to PAY Immortal Qi, according to the power level every year for every Dao Promise / Dao Companion (thus - you cannot afford too many - altough they are "unlimited").

Dao Companions are equal to Marriage Partners - you can use Marriage slots as well as Concubine slots. There are no "Children of Concubines/Consorts", every partner gives prestige and NAPs.

There are no divorces/set concubine aside for Dao Companions - Vanilla replacements exist for rest of the folks which work - somewhat... (But you have enough slots anyway)

Reaching Stage 5 (Great Perfection), you can marry your Dao Promises and perform Dual Cultivation to boost the Spirit Roots of yourself and your Partners.

Dual Cultivation accumulates life energy - in form of fertility and health - slowly up to 100 years. It also "pools" both partners fertility (as they are "one" in this state). This means you can get Celibates and Vampires pregnant - when you keep at it long enough. You have a choice to "Create Life" (if possible) or keep accumulating (and not get pregnant).

Once you attain Immortality at Stage 6 (Human Immortal - regular Immortal trait), you also gain the ability to reincarnate: Actively (choosing to get a new body) or "Passively" when you die in whatever fashion. Making you basically "Unkillable".

Immortal Reincarnation, lets you name your instantly spawned "child" - if not married, only parent is you. Child has all your stats and eligible (basically everything not wounded, sick etc.) traits.

Should you have "missed" out on inheriting your realm, you automatically "possess" the heir (you play then) with "immortal possession", who can switch back to the "real body" once the character is playable again (has titles). So you can use your claims to get your realm back.

You can reclaim all your Dao Promises and Dao Companions from your previous incarnation.

As Immortal Reincarnation, you can reenter the Sect and be instantly recognized and promoted to Rank 3 or higher - even as Infant. (Young age is good for cultivation.)

Earth Immortals (Stage 7) get power over Space, which removes Diplo Range (for some actions) and gives them the ability to imprison characters weaker then them expending Immortal Qi.

True Immortals (Final Stage 8 ) get power over Time and can instantly change to 16 years after being reincarnated and also switch back and forth as they please. They can also change the age of others (younger or older) for a price.

True Immortals can also ascend to Goodhood (by being worshiped as Temporal Head with Divine Marriage, Emperor with 10k Prestige and 5k Piety or becomming Sayoshant of Zoroastrians) earning you and entry in the religion of your current religion or: Messia, Buddha (Arhat), Prophet incarnation of Holy Spirit etc.

Ascending to Goodhood, gives you a divine bloodline and converts all "Inbred" to "Divine Blood" within said bloodline henceforth.

Vanilla Concubinage and Divorce is completely disabled and replaced by targeted decisions - needs some more work to make them better than vanilla.

Please also have a look at the change log (especially when you have used the mod before) as not all the new features have been reflected here.

Recommended Mods:

Bigger Interface - Recommended for many Consorts/Children/Traits (You will get VERY OLD, even though you don't look it)

Compatible Mods:

DarkWorldReborn - Will use Traits and Checks

Luxuria Fantasia

Cheri Portraits - I wanted to mention it, as I used it in the screenshots as well

Special Thanks:

dewguru - for making DWR and inspiring me!
Ngppgn, Drax70, and TrxXx - For customizing the event windows for DWR, which I reuse in this mod!

Change Log:

v. 0.0.1 Initial Release (Alpha)

13 hours ago, Bookworm83 said:

This sounds neat. I'm deep in a CK3 campaign right now, but I'll check it out after that.

Great, please let me know what you think!

33 minutes ago, helixyos said:

you could not know it but you just made one of my dreams come true thank you.

Glad someone likes the mod. ;) Once things are "stable" here and I have an idea what people want I will start parallel development on CK3.

I just added Combat Training to the code base (so you can not only train in the elements/stats but also the personal combat rating).
Will release that later today after some testing (should not bother save games from 0.0.1).

A Question to all who follow this mod:

What is the next improvement you would like to see?

- Extended Dao Marriage Ceremony and maybe Primodial Yin/Yang Effects?

- Improvements on the "Non-Cultivation" side, making sensible decisions for AI Concubinage possible and improving the "Vanilla Replacers"

- Expansion of the Immortal Mountain sect: More Sect NPCs, maybe Dao Companionship offers to the player and Sect Quests

- Dual Cultivation improvements: Implementation of the "Accumulated Energy" (which is alredy in place) to "Buff/Improve" the child being born from that union.

- Something else: I am open for suggestions!

For me it's probably this:

- Dual Cultivation improvements: Implementation of the "Accumulated Energy" (which is alredy in place) to "Buff/Improve" the child being born from that union.

For the distant future of the mod i think it can be good to change the way aging is slowed down. Make each trait give the character a different lifespan.
As an example the elves of the faerun mod or the elder king mod or the dragons, demigods and giants who each have a different lifespan in the Mythos 3 mod.
it's a lot of work that's why i said it's for the distant future.

It doesn't sound like much but it will improve the roleplay a lot if we can see that our 120 year old character looks like a youngster.

Once again bravo for this mod and do not give up especially not even so few people answer the questionnaire for the moment.

19 hours ago, helixyos said:

For me it's probably this:

For the distant future of the mod i think it can be good to change the way aging is slowed down. Make each trait give the character a different lifespan.
As an example the elves of the faerun mod or the elder king mod or the dragons, demigods and giants who each have a different lifespan in the Mythos 3 mod.
it's a lot of work that's why i said it's for the distant future.

It doesn't sound like much but it will improve the roleplay a lot if we can see that our 120 year old character looks like a youngster.

Once again bravo for this mod and do not give up especially not even so few people answer the questionnaire for the moment.

Okay, I will focus on implementing this feature (accumulated energy & pregnancy) first then.

About the aging ... I guess I'd need to overhaul the child phase somehow. The ages from 0-15 in vanilla are super boring for me. Portraits look all the same and it does not reflect a youngster with 12-15 years at all in addition the events that occur do not fit that age group either (esp. considering the middle ages, where they married and had families at that age).

I could create a new race for cultivators and change portraits to reflect "infant/baby" (0-3), "early childhood" (4-6), "mid childhood" (7-9), "late childhood" (10-12), "adolescence" (13-15) for Vanilla "age range" and draw that out according to cultivation stage (adding the corresponding Adult Portraits as well would be best). Meaning, when you break through with 2-3 and cultivate fast, you can look like "super baby" for a long time and probably become immortal at the "early childhood" stage, looking like a 5 year old forever.

Need to gather pictures for that as well. Doing that (dedicated/fixed) for every combination of race and cultivation state would be sheer madness - so I'll try and start with one and then there can be more portraits fitting different cultures/races and people can choose like Cheri (though I dislike the random selection, I'll maybe post a list and let the user choose - which is cumbersome as well as there cannot be more than 4 options, means 3 portraits to choose and one "next").

11 hours ago, LastD said:

Would you consider making another off map kingdom being the Kingdom of Heaven with the Jade Emperor as well as conferred godhood?  Like the Jade Emperor confers a title of godhood at such and such level of points with them

Well, why not? Jade Emperor confers godhood titles - you mean like functions in the heavenly court for gods? Or as an alternative route to attain godhood (no Divine Marriage/Sayoshant/Super Famous Emperor) for True Immortals? Or maybe both ;)

So the Jade Emperor could give you a Purview / Domain of influence - making you a god in the hierarchy of  "Gods of Love" or "Gods of Arts" etc. if you are super loyal you can attain godhood directly with that and if you attained it yourself, he can give you additional titles or  something.

Could come with special powers: God of Love could meddle with Love Life/Marriage life of mortals for instance.

I could consider something like that.

I just released v0.0.3:

New feature (as requested):
- Accumulated energy (in the female Dao Companion) during Dual Cultivation will be used on birth of the next child with various beneficial effects.

- Personal traits added like that will be "permanent" - even if they are pruned by the game, they will be added back within approx. 1 month.

I hope you enjoy it ;)

I'm not sure I understand why you replaced concubinage completely with Dao Companions. That's basically the opposite of the point of concubines. If I wanted a life partner for all eternity, I'd get married. Concubinage is for kidnapping some poor woman and producing an heir with a potential claim to her father's titles. Or for breaking up a powerful vassal's holdings by giving him a bunch of women so he'll have excess heirs. Or for breeding programs, giving larger families to attractive/strong/genius characters so that I have a stockpile of competent people to draw from as needed.

At the very least, I'd like to have the ability to grant concubines to non-cultivators. I can believe that there's some mystical reason why my immortal can't pump and dump a different lady every day of his immortal life (even if that does kinda defeat the purpose of immortality), but it shouldn't affect the rest of my barbarian hordes.

50 minutes ago, morat136 said:

I'm not sure I understand why you replaced concubinage completely with Dao Companions. That's basically the opposite of the point of concubines. If I wanted a life partner for all eternity, I'd get married. Concubinage is for kidnapping some poor woman and producing an heir with a potential claim to her father's titles. Or for breaking up a powerful vassal's holdings by giving him a bunch of women so he'll have excess heirs. Or for breeding programs, giving larger families to attractive/strong/genius characters so that I have a stockpile of competent people to draw from as needed.

At the very least, I'd like to have the ability to grant concubines to non-cultivators. I can believe that there's some mystical reason why my immortal can't pump and dump a different lady every day of his immortal life (even if that does kinda defeat the purpose of immortality), but it shouldn't affect the rest of my barbarian hordes.

True, you got a point.

Meaning it would be beneficial to "offer concubines/consorts" to others. Which means, I could restore the vanilla decision for that.

Thanks alot for this insight ;)

To fix this immediately for your case:

Open: True-Immortal > common > defines > tim_define_overrides.lua

Delete: NDefines.NDiplomacy.OFFER_CONSORT_INTERACTION_ENABLED = 0

As you have a pretty good point, I guess I will change this in my next update as well.

Giving consorts to cultivators would work as well in that case - but they don't have to accept them in the first place - and should they like them, they can make them Dao Companions - I think this could work, treating them like the "lover problem" (you can get those as well although you are not allowed to).

After playing for a while my main comment is that the breakthrough event could use some more detailed information. I had to go read the download page again to figure out what modified the success chances as the only thing in the actual event tooltips are a bunch of percentages that don't really give any meaningful information.

1 hour ago, morat136 said:

I'm not sure I understand why you replaced concubinage completely with Dao Companions.

To answer your initial question (which I failed to do so above): To be able to control the Dao Companion decisions, I need to "turn off" all "vanilla" decisions for them to not interfere. After that I'd need to replace all the "vanilla" stuff with replacers (which I did not yet do entirely - the offer concubine/consort decision still has no replacer). 

Rebuilding all marriage related content with at least as much quality as the original is not a simple task and sadly it's not possible to just "add" a condition like "can't take a concubine if character is cultivator" - for that I have to disable the ENTIRE thing and then rebuild it again.

25 minutes ago, Gildoniel said:

At the very least, I'd like to have the ability to grant concubines to non-cultivators.

That is the problem: I cannot prevent anyone giving cultivators (or the player cultivator) consorts/concubines. Even when they should be unable to accept them. For that I have to turn it off (which I did) - and I thought that it would not matter much. So now I'll compromise and treat it like the problem with lovers, which cultivators can still get (and then get kicked out of the Sect). Same thing will happen when you give a consort/concubine to a cultivator now. Meaning you can screw up lower level cultivators as they have no way of realizing that this will get them kick/banned as the "vanilla" decision has no ratio like that. To fully "fix" this, it has to be/stay disabled and be replaced with a decent targetted decision, which can do at least as much as the "vanilla" one.

But as this is a lot of work - it will have to be this compromise (and known bug that you can get cultivators kicked out by doing that deliberately) mentioned above for now.

I hope this made things clearer for you.

Best wishes,

Gildoniel

13 minutes ago, Bookworm83 said:

After playing for a while my main comment is that the breakthrough event could use some more detailed information. I had to go read the download page again to figure out what modified the success chances as the only thing in the actual event tooltips are a bunch of percentages that don't really give any meaningful information.

I see, so it would be best to know the chances "roughly" before the start of the event? Or maybe a decision to inspect the own "preparedness" for the breakthrough.

I should then hide the % chances and replace everything with more meaningful text.

What happens now is:

1st step is a 20% chance to get one of the five elements/stats to be checked against.

2nd step is a calculated chance of success/failure/severe failure or critical failure (which can end maimed/dead)

-> Base chances here are 10 + current stage * 5 for a 50% base chance for success.

-> This is modified by traits, health and other factors (like the increasing danger of later tribulations)

I think a decision to inspect the breakthrough chance would be a good idea,

I'll also make the tooltips custom (and therefore more meaningful).

Thanks for the meaningful comment!

2 hours ago, vassapol said:

can i accending the god hood and then come out of sect and do anything i want?

You can leave the sect any time you want.

Once you reach True Immortal stage, you are "done" with cultivation and you can ascend to godhood on your own by getting believers: For instance by reforming your religion and letting them worship you (Divine Marriage + Temporal Head), by becoming Sayoshant if you are Zoroastrian or by becoming any Emperor and getting 10k prestige and 5k piety (which should get enough of your people to worship you - as you are known as True Immortal, who does miracles).

There are some things you can only do in the sect (which are noted in the sect interface when you hover over the ranks), like using an Immortal Cave to cultivate.

But given, you have reached True Immortal stage and got a Divine Spirit Root and Dao Companions, you can decide you don't need these things anymore.

Also: You can return to the sect at any time (and will be instantly promoted to Rank 3 or 4) as Immortal of any stage.

Should you get kicked out from the sect because of a lover or a sexual affair, you can continue to cultivate to Great Perfection (stage 5) on your own and you can rejoin the sect - just in this case you will start from Rank 1.

So the recommendation would be to cultivate to at least Human Immortal stage (stage 6) before leaving the sect, as you cannot die in this case (on death you will reincarnate with all your powers intact). Your reincarnation could then rejoin the sect at Infant Age and cultivate with serious age boost  (as being under 20 gives you a bonus - the greater the younger you are).

I hope I covered your question (or the intention behind your question), if not, please ask in more detail, thank you!

Just to expand a bit on my Jade Emperor idea, if you have a family with a cultivator in as one of it's ancestors, could you have something like asking for a boon to give face to that ancestor if they were at Human Immortal or higher?  Like maybe request an elixir of immortality, or a divine courtier

17 minutes ago, LastD said:

Just to expand a bit on my Jade Emperor idea, if you have a family with a cultivator in as one of it's ancestors, could you have something like asking for a boon to give face to that ancestor if they were at Human Immortal or higher?  Like maybe request an elixir of immortality, or a divine courtier

Hmmmm, possible. Said elixir could make you a fake immortal (giving you the "immortal trait" like the "divine blood ritual").

Let's collect ideas, so the Jade Emperor can start out with several different options once it is time. ;)

Version 0.0.4 is out:

Containing mainly "problem mitigations" and fixes.

- As requested: The offer consort/concubine decision is back (vanilla) - opening a potential abuse, when offering consorts to low ranked cultivators - but this has to be "ok" for now, until I can properly replace the entire thing (takes time).

- Also as requested: Breakthroughs should be much more transparent now, you can stop a breakthrough after getting useful information on the likely outcome. Plus: You get more info on what happens in the breakthrough. As the tribulation element is random - the "confidence" is averaged over all stats.

- I found the cost of traits for children of Dao Companions too "expensive" and cut them in half. Now: 1 accumulated point in energy = 1 point in the "Ruler Designer" on a new game.

- I also found a few typos and fixed them.

If you find more problems - please throw them at me ;)
I'll do my best to fix them.

Just released v0.0.5 with a bugfix and a number of improvements:
- Breakthrough tooltips should now work as intended (showing the actual chances)
- Disease removal for Heavenly Cultivators and above clears the character flags that diseases are developing + sets immunities to all possible diseases (where possible).
- Wound healing, disease removal as well as negative trait removal pops up an event window instead of doing it "silently".

18 minutes ago, helixyos said:

An idea that I launch. Why not do a mini wiki via a decision in intrigue like Irae house mod. It would explain what cultivation is, one page for each cultivation stage, one for Dao companions, one for what are spiritual roots, etc.

Sounds interesting. I don't know Irae house, but the idea sounds doable. So basically you write a narrative event with different pages and each page explains stuff, like in a book?

29 minutes ago, Gildoniel said:

Sounds interesting. I don't know Irae house, but the idea sounds doable. So basically you write a narrative event with different pages and each page explains stuff, like in a book?

exactly

The mod uses it to succinctly explain the lore of the Dark Elves religion and the Irae family.
Going to see it will only take 3 minutes to install and launch the mod.

the link to Irae house if you want to see yourself.

Hi, it's me, the guy who was complaining about concubines.

Anyway, I'd like to point out another exploit. Once you reach True Immortal... you can basically guarantee kill anyone on the map, ignoring diplomatic range, with no opinion penalty to anyone and no blame for the kill, for like 5k-6k Qi (about 10% the cost of just imprisoning them). Grant Age should probably piss someone off, you shouldn't be able to just turn a 10 year old into a 60 year old with no consequences. 

Oh, here's an idea: what if instead of "Grant Age" and "Grant Youth" being just mirrored actions with no consequence or side effect, what if you had Grant Youth or Drain Youth, and draining their youth could actually give you Qi, but was an explicitly hostile action that would make the target and their family hate you. You could even go full on Demonic Cultivator, committing human sacrifice to drain their lifeforce, invading other nations specifically to take prisoners for sacrifice en masse as a more efficient way to generate ki than the same amount of time spent in the cave, but at the cost of pissing off your neighbors in ways that might be hard to deal with later. It could even be something that unlocks earlier on, at least to a limited degree, so that it could be used as a sort of desperation play. You know, for the classic Cultivator problem of desperately trying to extend your life just that little bit longer so that you can achieve immortality and live forever. 

I mean, that's just one idea off the top of my head. I realize it's alpha, and anything as complicated as that would take a long time to implement, I just wanted you to be aware of how easily exploitable the current system is.