Workflow for animated sex scenes?

Did anyone figure out how to do custom animations and implement them as sex action scenes yet? I want to know if there's any methods out there so I can get to work quickly to make my dreams come true. I was always longing for 3D models, this will be awesome if we have a way to implement quality animations. With max settings the models look low res but I don't know if it would be better with 4K, you can also comment on that if you are playing on 4K.

Jesus mate, the games been out for all of 8 days maybe give the little guy a rest....

In all seriousness, no, right now model manipulation is a no go as far as we can tell, but most modders have been focused on getting new models in the game, and tinkering with the events and traits system. You would honestly be a bit better off coming back in a month or 2, or at least until modders have figured out how to change the models present in game.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I can tell, making animations should be 100% doable - the only problem will be I'm pretty sure the character's position in the event window isn't tied to the animation, so you'd have to make a completely different GUI element if you wanted them to be close enough to look like they're actually going at it.

1) Use the paradox exporter plugin https://github.com/ross-g/io_pdx_mesh to import the mesh to your preferred editor

2) Create animation an export it with the plugin.

3) add your animation to the asset file of the model you are using for example "gfx/models/portraits/female_body/female_body.asset"

for each animation you need to add the lines 

animation ={id="some identifier for example body_modname_animation"    type = "URL to your animation for example female_body_modname_animation.anim"}

and

state = {name="for example modname_animation" animation = "the identifier from the previous line in this case body_modname_animation" time_offset = {0.0 5.0} next_state="next state of the animation if you want a multi stage animation I'm pretty sure that you would do it by writing the name of the state you want to move to in this field. alternatively if you set this to its own name modname_animation in this example to make it loop. "}

(alternatively you can override an existing animation though that will probably cause issues with multi stage animations.)

4)Create animations.txt file in "gfx/portraits/portrait_animation"

each animation consists of head animation and body animation  here you define them. using the animation states from previous step. 

Define your animation for all variants dwarf, fat, man, woman, boy, girl. (You can use existing animations in place of animations you don't plan to use. but according to docs all variants must be defined. this can be done most easily by copying existing animation and replacing the variants you want to use. )

it will look something like this

mod_animation={

male={

default={ head =" lust_animation" torso= "modname_animation" }

}

boy={default={head="idle" torso="idle"}}

girl=boy

female=male

}

5 Now you can use your animations in events with animation=mod_animation

On 9/21/2020 at 7:46 AM, Bimbobag said:

Also be aware that nude mods are incompatible animation mods because both override asset file. They have to be combined to make them work together. 

Thank you! If this works, I'll make sure that you'll be the first to try my mod if you want it, lol. Do you think if it should work when the game files themselves are altered to make all NPCs naked? I couldn't be bothered to install mods when I learned how to make all of them naked by deleting some scripts. Have a good day!

7 hours ago, borndigital said:

Thank you! If this works, I'll make sure that you'll be the first to try my mod if you want it, lol. Do you think if it should work when the game files themselves are altered to make all NPCs naked? I couldn't be bothered to install mods when I learned how to make all of them naked by deleting some scripts. Have a good day!

You can make animations compatible by modifying the nude mods asset file instead of the base game asset files.  

On 9/21/2020 at 7:46 AM, Bimbobag said:

Also be aware that nude mods are incompatible animation mods because both override asset file. They have to be combined to make them work together. 

The point of this comment was mostly the prevent confusion if you were to load your animation mod before a nude mod that modified the same file.