[mod] Simple Slits

• 2 months later...

Any chance to ever see Simple Slits + Shafts updated?

I got the temporary fix for RC, and it seems to generally work in FOI DLC as well (no misplaced ruler, stretched clothes etc)

Problem is that since RC, much of the clothing is clipping in various areas. I thought these were issues with clothing mods like EPE / CFP, but now it also shows with the vanilla and DLC outfits when running 1.6 with no other mods.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/1/2022 at 7:26 PM, guk said:

Any chance to ever see Simple Slits + Shafts updated?

I got the temporary fix for RC, and it seems to generally work in FOI DLC as well (no misplaced ruler, stretched clothes etc)

Problem is that since RC, much of the clothing is clipping in various areas. I thought these were issues with clothing mods like EPE / CFP, but now it also shows with the vanilla and DLC outfits when running 1.6 with no other mods.

This is true, Paradox's femalebody.asset file is slightly different from Simple Slits's, so it doesn't fit well into clothes now. Or there is some bug that prevents it from using new blends. I've no idea how those files work. Either way, if you replace that file with the default one, the clipping will be fixed, but the groin area will look like a doll's.

Two possible solutions I see for this are:

1. Editing the asset to be more in line with the default one.

2. Playing with clothes.txt and morphing, adding a special morph used for clothes to make the body slimmer when the character equips those clothes.

I've never used any modelling software, so I can't do the first, but that would be the easiest solution, since you won't have to make a new clothes.txt every time Paradox upgrades it. And the second requires too much time I don't have. Basically, if you have the time, look into morphing genes and how they work with clothes, you might play around and figure something out.

P.S. OK, so what you need to do is get the original female_body.asset and male_body.asset files and generally look for places that Simple Slits/Shafts change and add those parts. I've been able to make it work mostly, no clipping.

Edited by yoyoman69
  • 2 months later...
On 2/8/2022 at 2:02 PM, disposabletemp said:

Here's an updated copy of Simple Slits that works with Royal Court. WaffleIron should get credit as the original mod author but since they haven't logged on in a while, I made the edits myself.

simple_slits_rc.zip 1.92 MB · 2,444 downloads

Compatibility update - I have both your simple slits and simple shafts updates for RC. They still work in 1.7.1, with 3 minor bugs.

1. Male rulers sitting in the "Eastern" pose in their royal court will be in the dead center of the room instead of on the throne.

2. The mesh for male Norse rulers sitting in their royal court is horribly distorted (and also in the middle of the room again).

3. Minor clipping with clothes, but that's already been described.

Would love an update from either the original mod creator or DisposableTemp, but I'm not too fussed. The mod causes no issues in 99% of cases and the bugs are minor.

17 hours ago, Quilava01 said:

Compatibility update - I have both your simple slits and simple shafts updates for RC. They still work in 1.7.1, with 3 minor bugs.

1. Male rulers sitting in the "Eastern" pose in their royal court will be in the dead center of the room instead of on the throne.

2. The mesh for male Norse rulers sitting in their royal court is horribly distorted (and also in the middle of the room again).

3. Minor clipping with clothes, but that's already been described.

Would love an update from either the original mod creator or DisposableTemp, but I'm not too fussed. The mod causes no issues in 99% of cases and the bugs are minor.

Did some more digging.

Problems 1 and 2 were the result of Simple Shafts. Over on a forum discussing that mod specifically, Marluc published an excellent fix that totally negates the problems.

As for bug 3, it's still around but frankly so minor and rare that I wouldn't worry about it.

In my eyes, this mod is back to 100% thanks to awesome community contribution.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Thank you yoyoman69! I was still using the version from the site's mod list and it was ruining most character models after 1.8 patch. I am happy to find a working version of this mod. With this and barbershop my court can be full of beautiful naked ladies again!

Edited by luostogi
idk what I'm doing
  • 5 weeks later...
On 5/15/2023 at 10:25 PM, starfarts said:

Sadly CTDs after the newest update, even with the combo mod from above. Anyone working on this still? It's the only mod I use because it's ironman compatible and doesn't actually change anything.

Someone did another unofficial update in the Simple Shafts thread:

On 5/12/2023 at 9:32 PM, NICE DOWS said:

Here is the temp update, I had made it based on existing Simple Slit + Shaft, and combine it with the latest version ck3 body.

Simple Slits + Simple Shafts.zip 26.07 MB · 153 downloads

If anyone is trying to run yoyoman69's fix and having an issue with the mod not being recognized, the following worked for me:

• Open the Simple Slits + Simple Shafts.mod file.
  • Replace the last line of :
    • path="C:/..."
  • with:
    • path="mod/Simple Slits + Simple Shafts"

The code is trying to pull a named folder that won't exist on your PC, so this will force it to a path it recognizes.

PS: (SkyWarrior623's version is crashing the game for me. Unsure of a fix yet.)

On 5/17/2023 at 9:55 AM, SkyWarrior623 said:

Someone did another unofficial update in the Simple Shafts thread:

On 5/17/2023 at 12:24 PM, MarsSider said:

If anyone is trying to run yoyoman69's fix and having an issue with the mod not being recognized, the following worked for me:

• Open the Simple Slits + Simple Shafts.mod file.
  • Replace the last line of :
    • path="C:/..."
  • with:
    • path="mod/Simple Slits + Simple Shafts"

The code is trying to pull a named folder that won't exist on your PC, so this will force it to a path it recognizes.

PS: (SkyWarrior623's version is crashing the game for me. Unsure of a fix yet.)

Fuck yeah! These two did it, thanks! I must have missed that other user's update, and combined with Mars' suggestion it all works well. Hallelujah dicks and pussies!