[mod] [CK3] Nudity Laws

Nudity Laws

View File

Ok so what is this? Simple its a small mod that adds a section during faith creation where you can decide who in your religion is naked and who not. 

There are four options:

-female nudity (all women are naked)

-male nudity (all men are naked)

-full nudity (everyone is naked)

-no nudity (no one is naked)

Compatability:
this mod will not work with any mod that modifies the should_be_naked_trigger trigger. 

But why did you create this its hardly a big mod or anything just a small modification?

Basically because I wanted to. Also I kind of wanted the title of first ck3 lewd mod not sure I was fast enough tough

I don't think I will expand this any further. It does what it says, tough if there are special wishes I might add them. I will also try to fix any bugs or issues if they occur. If you want to talk about the mod or need help with your own mod you can reach me on the House Irae discord.

So have fun with this.

Ok path is fixed should work now. I blame the launcher mod tool for putting in a personalized path to begin with and not just have the relative path

25 minutes ago, SamIAmHam said:

This feature already exists in the game.

Yes and no. The is the natural primitivism which makes everyone naked. This just creates a special section where you can choose who is naked and are not limited by the restrictions of natural primitivism

3 hours ago, tarin said:

Ok path is fixed should work now. I blame the launcher mod tool for putting in a personalized path to begin with and not just have the relative path

Yes and no. The is the natural primitivism which makes everyone naked. This just creates a special section where you can choose who is naked and are not limited by the restrictions of natural primitivism

I stand corrected then. :)

5 hours ago, Hamakabula said:

Doesnt work for me.

I get the option to set the law but nobody undresses. Tried all variants, waited a few days (although in primitivism its instant). Version is 1.02 now i think

What may be the issue?

i have seen that some for some strange reason does not get the "undressed" part because i have seen females have "clothes" on them but you can see that they are suppose not to so i think it my be a ingame graphic "bug" will see if i can show you a pic of what i mean will edit is one if i can get one

edit: add the pic with the thing i talk about

the Erotica faith thing is my custom faith could not come up with a more fitting name for the faith :)

20200904133736_1.jpg

A trick for the clipping/not-naked issue is to open the barbershop and change their outfit to default. That worked for a few characters I had the issue with, apparently non-default outfits don't get removed. Of course this only works with characters for whom you can access the barbershop, which I think is just immediate family at your court.

Edit: Messed stuff up, doesn't work.

Just a head's up, you should probably change your should_be_naked_trigger to this:

<snip>

Unintuitively, functions get automatically merged into functions of the same name, not replaced. If you copy&paste the whole code you actually end up with the original code twice. Which doesn't break anything in your case, but it's a good thing to be aware of. Also, that probably allows multiple mod to hook into the function (but they can only add things, never remove them) without breaking compatibility, so you could actually remove your compatiblity disclaimer, hooray!

1 hour ago, Siudhne said:

Just a head's up, you should probably change your should_be_naked_trigger to this:

should_be_naked_trigger = {
	OR = {
		AND = {
			is_female = yes
			faith = {
				has_doctrine_parameter = naked_females_active
			}
		}
		AND = {
			is_male = yes
			faith = {
				has_doctrine_parameter = naked_males_active
			}
		}
	}
}

Unintuitively, functions get automatically merged into functions of the same name, not replaced. If you copy&paste the whole code you actually end up with the original code twice. Which doesn't break anything in your case, but it's a good thing to be aware of. Also, that probably allows multiple mod to hook into the function (but they can only add things, never remove them) without breaking compatibility, so you could actually remove your compatiblity disclaimer, hooray!

Thats great to know thanks will do it once I have time.

22 hours ago, lordcheesecake said:

A trick for the clipping/not-naked issue is to open the barbershop and change their outfit to default. That worked for a few characters I had the issue with, apparently non-default outfits don't get removed. Of course this only works with characters for whom you can access the barbershop, which I think is just immediate family at your court.

yes if a character has none default clothes it won't work. Also only adult characters i.e. over 18 will be naked for obvious reasons.

1 hour ago, tarin said:

Thats great to know thanks will do it once I have time.

Scrap that, I'm stupid, it doesn't actually work. Must have gotten a bit carried away there because it does 100% work like this for stuff like hunt_random_pulse, letting you add new hunting events without copy&pasting the other events. Now just to figure out why those are handled differently...