A newcomer looking for guidance :)

21 hours ago, vilkws said:

Hello. Please help a milk drinker :classic_tongue:

1) How to shorten a dress smoothly in outfit studio ?

2) How to make duplicates of the same outfit ?

3) How to recolor oufits ?

Any guidance is deeply appreciated :classic_smile:

Hello V.  Go HERE  and scroll down to the very bottom of the "How To" page, it answers #1. 

#2 - In OS, right-click the part you want and select "Duplicate".

#3 - You need an image manipulation program such as Photoshop or Gimp to modify .dds files.  Both require a "plug-in" to open or save .dds files.   Also. a program that utilizes "layers" ("parts" that can stack on top of one another) is very desirable.  A lot of experience helps to, but that just takes time and a lot of fuck-ups.

7 hours ago, C5Kev said:

Hello V.  Go HERE  and scroll down to the very bottom of the "How To" page, it answers #1. 

#2 - In OS, right-click the part you want and select "Duplicate".

#3 - You need an image manipulation program such as Photoshop or Gimp to modify .dds files.  Both require a "plug-in" to open or save .dds files.   Also. a program that utilizes "layers" ("parts" that can stack on top of one another) is very desirable.  A lot of experience helps to, but that just takes time and a lot of fuck-ups.

Your link isn't working on my computer.

1) 

I'm not sure what You want to do... You want to change size / length of Your outfit?...

Well... it is possible but if You don't have knowledge about 3D Modeling it will be rly hard for Ya...

Anywaa...

a) Go To Your data folder 

b) Find OutfitStudio - and ofc. Start it

c) Click "File" -> "Load Outfit" and select Meshes You want to edit

d) Edit Meshes

e) Save your changes ( KEEP BOTH VERSIONS - Original and Your - don't overwrite it, if You fuck something u need backup :P - faster way than fixing shit )

I'm not really Good at Outfit Studio, and i spend only like 8 seconds doing that xDD

So effects are not WOW SO GREAT O_O ... but u can spend more than 8 seconds if you rly care about Your outfit :)

Spoiler

s1.png.ccb3244312628bd2cf0fe685a5bac138.png

Spoiler

s2.png.2e18a3d6a2f81f8e54d14a90dea5c3bb.png

Important is that changes are visible right ? :D

2) What do You mean by "Duplicate"?...

Use MORE THAN ONE LINE... You don't pay for LoversLab storage space so Explain exacly what you need...

If: You want to duplicate meshes 

>> Right Click -> Duplicate ( in Outfit Studio )

If: You want to duplicate meshes in game ( so u have for example 2 meshes one with changes one with no )

a) Open Your CK

b) Load Outfit mod You want to edit

c) Find Outfit ( if You can't find it use TEdit to localize it )

d) Right Click -> Duplicate

e) Change Form name ( Name for CK )

If You need more help, come say Hi on Discord: https://discord.gg/CDkcv22

3)

You will need any DDS Image Editor

- Gimp ( need DDS Plugin - easy to install - just drop zip file to your Gimp Data )

- Photoshop ( need DDS Plugin - idk about instalation )

- Paint.net ( by default can edit DDS Files )

@Melodic - Melodic KDA Akali Outfit as Example :D

Spoiler

s1.png.40afdb80fb320c74c69413cab638c2cc.png

Editing colors May be little tricky...

Well.. its not that easy to do it GOOD

You can spend like 10 seconds and to it terrible... but 

Here is first example on EASY TEXTURE

From Gimp 2.9 or maybe 2.10 ( 2.8 don't have it for sure!... ) You can use thing like "Remove Colors"

Spoiler

s1.png.147c188529df5b74eb0726834d8ed27e.png

This will remove only THIS ONE SELECTED COLOR so you can remove colors You DONT want in Your texture

then FUZE all layers and create another layer with Colors you want ( or you can just use Groups - so u don't have to fuze layers )

Other easy way is just to SELECT color you want to edit and then Paint it with different Color you want:

Spoiler

s1.png.123842685cbc19068022af7f26e57807.png

There is many more ways to edit colors...

Well its editing Art... Texture is also an Art ^_^ so You just have to have fun with it

Here is hard errasing example: ( it completly remove everything that is not "similar" to source )

Spoiler

s1.png.2d91d1d14327f572af3ec85bd3d94f25.png

But its trash anywaa xD

Well... just download Gimp or any other Tool u think you like and have fun :x...

If You want, join ma discord talk to me and give me Texture... ill see what i can do about it ^_^

ofc. u will also have to tell me what to do :D

If You need You can download for Gimp many many many many many many many many USEFUL Brushes

Like for example Water brush, rust brush, lightning brush etc.

those help a lot with work ^_^ 

I also make my own brushes for Gimp, here is Example or PinkStarBoom Brush ^_^ ( By Tobi - Me :3... )

Spoiler

s1.thumb.png.826663ab98e615af43e1833db03169a7.png

Here Example of Brush used for Painting <3:

Spoiler

OOO.thumb.png.ab6d25039c797553ea081dd1c2b183d8.png

( Yes Brush with some edits :D )

Anywaa Hope it will help u ^_^

21 hours ago, TobiaszPL said:

1) 

I'm not sure what You want to do... You want to change size / length of Your outfit?...

That's what i would like to do as mentioned above ><

Well... it is possible but if You don't have knowledge about 3D Modeling it will be rly hard for Ya...

Umm.... even for a milk drinker, i have already learned how to delete certain parts of an outfit (^ ^ ;)

My issue is - "how to clearly delete outfit parts without having any pixelated rectangular rough edges  around it  ?". 

So effects are not WOW SO GREAT O_O ... but u can spend more than 8 seconds if you rly care about Your outfit :)

That's the plan :classic_tongue:

Use MORE THAN ONE LINE... You don't pay for LoversLab storage space so Explain exacly what you need...

Excuse me 4 being a cheapskate (O_O ;)

There is many more ways to edit colors...

Well its editing Art... Texture is also an Art ^_^ so You just have to have fun with it

Yes Sir!

Thank you very much :classic_biggrin:

For now i will look up on Youtube. If still there is some thing that needs a bit more "Hands-on-approach", then i will make sure to bug you a lot :blush: