Vanilla Cage Replacer (for POP/SD+)

Vanilla Cage Replacer (for POP/SD+)

View File

This replaces the Vanilla cages with more beautiful ones. Affects SD+ Cages and POPs Cages. 

This is an Alpha Version.

- Please report if you have additional CTD when entering cells with cages (SD Cages & Prison Overhaul places some)

- If you want to test this mod use SD Cages and go to Silent Moons Camp near Whiterun

- The Door is not yet changed

Installation

Just place it in Data Folder (Overwrite everything)

Mod Organizers: Just install and tick. 
It will overwrite Textures from ZAP Framework (that way this mod works without dependencies)

Compatibility

Should be compatible with everything.

The new cage has the exact same size and collision as the one it replaced. 

List of Recommended Mods (because this mod was basically made for those)

- SD Cages by Inte

- Prison Overhaul Patched (POP) by Inte

Thanks to:
- Myself for not ragequitting on this, lol :D

- Inte for providing mods that I cant stop playing and optimizing loool :P
- Zaz for the Zap Framework where I got the meshes from 

Special Edition

I dont know if the meshes are compatible. Report back to me please :)

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, theanarchistotaku said:

does this work with pahe home sweet homes cages?

I dont know, been ages since I had that one installed. 
Depends on what cages the mod is using. 

From the screenshots it looks like it doesent use the Vanilla Cages. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Nymra;-)

The mesh of the cages are being added to ZAP in version ZAP 8 or ZAP 8 plus. It is using vanilla gibbet-textures of bethesda which are used on the round and closed markrath-cage.

The doors and the mesh will of course work also in SKYRIM SE after a "porting". I made the set originally to become an ALTERNATIVE (this means: NO EXCHANGER !!!) to/for the original jail-set of skyrim. Beside that set, ZAP is offering different other jail-kits-alternatives, made of different wood-textures. If you want I can offer to you in future a more "fantastic (own) cage-design". 

And you can also offer by yourself a SE version I guess, should not be hard to do so:-)

"It will overwrite Textures from ZAP Framework (that way this mod works without dependencies)"

(This I do not understand because the cage-mesh is using vanilla textures...!)

(for the door I made one new texture, so to have a homogen surface of the lock-plate of the door, which is part of ZAP-this one can be dropped and being taken from vanilla textures, which can be always changed in the gamebryo-file)

1 hour ago, t.ara said:

Hello Nymra;-)

The mesh of the cages are being added to ZAP in version ZAP 8 or ZAP 8 plus. It is using vanilla gibbet-textures of bethesda which are used on the round and closed markrath-cage.

The doors and the mesh will of course work also in SKYRIM SE after a "porting". I made the set originally to become an ALTERNATIVE (this means: NO EXCHANGER !!!) to/for the original jail-set of skyrim. Beside that set, ZAP is offering different other jail-kits-alternatives, made of different wood-textures. If you want I can offer to you in future a more "fantastic (own) cage-design". 

I tried using ZAP cage variantes, but I had problems making them fit. This mod is meant to replace the cage that is used in Prison Overhaul Patched and SD Cages (both by Inte). And therefor has to have the exact same measurments and size than the cage that it replaces. 
I slammed the Mesh together by using some prison cell pieces and metal bars, both I think from ZAP. Resizing the existing Zap Cages brought me nowhere, but I also only worked with NifScope and Bodyslide. I guess in 3dsmax it would be easy to do it. 

1 hour ago, t.ara said:

And you can also offer by yourself a SE version I guess, should not be hard to do so:-)

Its more about time management sadly :(

But I upload any conversion that is uploaded and verified to work by another user to this thread to the official download files. 

1 hour ago, t.ara said:

"It will overwrite Textures from ZAP Framework (that way this mod works without dependencies)"

(This I do not understand because the cage-mesh is using vanilla textures...!)

The textures... hm, not sure where it comes from anymore. 
The ones I use now replace the following:

/textures/Zaz/001/Metal/mrkmetalcagea01.dds

/textures/Zaz/001/Metal/mrkmetalcagea01_n.dds

/textures/Zaz/001/Metal/mrkmetalcagea01_m.dds

1 hour ago, t.ara said:

(for the door I made one new texture, so to have a homogen surface of the lock-plate of the door, which is part of ZAP-this one can be dropped and being taken from vanilla textures, which can be always changed in the gamebryo-file)

I dont think I understand :D
I think I did not change the door yet because I was not sure about how it works as animated object. 

Surely can spend more time upgrading this mod too. At least it worked perfetcly to date with both SD Cages and with POP. 

• 2 years later...