OK(W) / Outpost-K (West) [Preview]

I made mention in my return post (where none would read it) of having suffered more system failures after the one the left me cut off from Lover's Lab. And i blew smoke about having learned to use Create-A-World and working on custom Kinky World worlds, and further blabbage about having been days from release on the smaller one, a scifi colony outpost, when things died once again.

Since i can't play the big games like Skyrim, FallOut and Sims3 these days, it's all just talk.

How weak.

But, i went digging into the old drives, so allow me to elaborate a bit...

Map.JPG.8dfebe113ba9fb51765a48a97da27779.JPG

As i noted, the systems died mere days before this world would have been ready for a first release.
This introduction to the world was already written back at that time, and it knows more about the world than i do these days.

So I'll let that me explain...

Outpost K (West)

Life on Outpost K is a dream touted throughout the known systems. An aspirational colony established to showcase the future and potential of the species, Outpost K is a beautiful island habitat with every oppurtunity one could dream. There is no better place to emigrate offworld.

Congratulations!
Your application has been accepted - you will be one of the new colonists populating Outpost K!

Unfortunately, there was some fine print that was highly important - some applicants may be assigned to Outpost K (West) depending upon availability and need. The gravity laser comm system used for interstellar communication requires an antipodal station to operate. While Outpost K may be a dream island, OK(W) is located in a desert crater on the opposite side of the planet. OK was designed by dreamers, artists, and technologists. OK(W) was designed by bureaucrats with an eye towards keeping unruly colonists in line.
Residents dwell in one of four "luxurious bloks" - Aesgard, Olympus, Sovengarde or ShangHala Blok - with community bathrooms and facilities at the center of each to optimize both space concerns and for the sake of social planning. Drugs, illicit sex, and other sordid behaviours often occur in bathrooms - so they have been opened up to view, along with most of the outpost. Windows are everywhere, and to promote a free and open society, there are no doors. (Well, criminals might make an exception to that rule.)
Opening everything up to view did not make illicit & sordid behaviours go away. It brought them out into the open instead. Colonists expecting to live in the utopian environment of Outpost K find themselves trapped here with administration controlling traffic in and out of the outpost. While the residents are allowed free travel to the homeworld for education and limited vacation visas, there seems to be and endless flow of outsiders passing through, adding to the frustrations of already unbalanced locals. Nobody sees the colony administrators, their business complex being the only building without windows. Many of the facilities don't even exist here in the colony. They are accessed by Transmat Platforms stationed throughout the colony. "There is only very limited space within the crater," is what the residents are told, "and so, they are 'elsewhere' to conserve that precioius resource."

The Outpost is quite small in size. Transmats use only 6x10 lots, and homes are only 10x10, with an 8x8 available build area. (8x7.5 after accounting for front door interactions with other sims) Colony planners did not include kitchens or bathrooms in home units, presuming the residents would use the community facilities or dump their simoleans back into the local economy with 3 eateries plus the food kiosk at the open market. (not to mention various bars and vending machines) None the less, many residents keep a fridge and counter for easy meals at home.

Views.JPG.1b7fd30e5b638f2ffbe81948bf0eb8df.JPG

Outpost K (West) Features:
4 Residential 'Bloks', each with a central community lot surrounded by 8 residential dwellings for 32 units in total.

Community Lots:
Performance Park with artificial underground lake. Sadly, the fish died. (At current, there are no fishing spots. Looking to make spawners work underground)
Whorehouse
Dive Bar
Nudist Dance Club
Arcade w/ Video Games, Pinball, Bowling, Skeeball, etc.,.
Library & Musictorium
Museum of Art & Science
Junkyard
Consignment Store (with side business in Elixir trade)
Playground
Greenhouse Orchard
Open Air Market
Fire Station
Pool
Performance Club
Upscale Performance Club

Transmat Platforms:
Bistro
Grocer
Theatre
Book Store & Spa
Science Lab
Diner
Hospital
Mausoleum
City Hall, Police & Military
Business & Journalism Center w/ Restaurant
Stadium
Criminal Organization
Arboretum
School (The Transmat platform for the school is located on a large community lot to allow a KW school to replace it later)

CommBloks.JPG.06040415679c14971ae916841df520be.JPG

Let's just say it's packed with a medium to large world's worth of things to do. There's no fishing hole, and it's not a world well suited to gardners, generally speaking. (There is one home designed for gardners, but not a huge amount of seed spawners, and no fishing for fertilizer)(Unless i get that underground lake working - but it's infested with mosquitos currently)

Locations.thumb.JPG.ac88287d325eaf826ef13ec8e6e5c264.JPG

Included in locations:
Strippers
Nearly every video game included in the EPs & Sps, not including what comes with Seasons or the two 'product placement' packs, and a few that aren't. I don't have Seasons installed because it's fairly incompatible with the other world under construction. (Many homes have no 'inside' as the system understands them.)
Pinball
Slots
Pool Table
Foosball Table
Shuffleboard Table
Whack-a-Gnome
The Claw!
Photobooth
Skeeball Lanes
Bowling Lanes
Slide
Water Slide
See Saws
Trampoline
Nectar Making Gear
Inventor's Workbench
Alchemy Lab
Science Analysis Lab
Chemisty Lab
Gem Cutting/Polishing Machine
Artist's Easel
Drafting Table
Sculpting Station
Grand Piano
Electric Guitar
Bass
Acoustic Guitar
Drum Set
Telescope
Anatomy Skeleton
Karaoke
Dance Floor
Laser Rhythm-a-con
Funky Suspended Spinny-Ball Thing (I'll try to remember to look up the proper gyroscopic name)
Ping Pong Table
Chess Tables
Dominos Table
Weight Machines
Jogging Machines
Jogging Tracks
Chin-Up Bars
Heavy Punching Bag
Martial Arts Training Dummy (w/ dildo)
Hop Scotch
Snake Charming Basket
Fortune Cookie Maker

...working from memory here. I'm sure things are being forgotten. BEES! (And now i've got Art Of Noise going in my head)

Oh - and spawners are fairly light in general, due to the nature of the world. They're also slanted more heavily toward gems and minerals.

Hmm...  I've yet to comment on the look of the world. Oops. Might help.
It's a deep crater in a red sand desert with turquoise boulders and alien flora. (The four basic "Fantasy" plants, recoloured for the new world.)
I haven't adjusted the sky colour yet, though it can only barely be glimpsed from within the game.
It's a hot desert environment - if using Seasons, it should be locked to summer. Being so hot, there's a heat shimmer with a distance of about half the crater diameter.
Most materials for construction were 3D printed, with roads, sidewalks, and floors being constructed of 'foametal' - a soft, compressable compound with the resilience of titanium. (Yeah, there's probably a bit too much scifi thinking in the development process here - but combined with the heat, it explains why the locals don't wear shoes)
Another way to spot the locals is hair. With everything so limited in materials and variety, locals tend to dye their hair bright colours for individual expression. Some acid stess or even induce rust in their metal-weave fabrics for a personal touch.
A third way to spot a local is that they're mostly exhibitionists, Many are rapists, and more than a few are outright insane.

TransMats.JPG.1b50694efcb1655ebf78ee34e8189361.JPG

Underground.JPG.bff1bd9ba20384a5ee394166bbf62ce0.JPG

Technical Notes:
The active portion of the colony exist within a single "Chunk" - the portions which the system divides the map into for memory handling. While the map is a medium size map (A 3 on a scale of 4), the active portion is only a tiny map (1 out of 4). The rest is used for building the surrounding crater and is mostly non-routable preventing walking up the walls.
There are currently only 3 texture paints used on the landscape, including the base. Optimal performance recommendations are 8 or less per chunk. I'm planning only 1 more currently, keeping the load at only half of the suggested light processing limit. Colony housing is preform 3D printed, like most materials used at Outpost K. This means that everything has metal, plastic, or glass textures and buildings all use similar materials. Again, this cuts the load way down.
The file size is ridiculously small - currently only 32MB (A little over 1/4 of the size of Fleabottom, for reference)
Save game file with population is about half that. 28 of the 32 units are occupied, with one empty on each blok. Two of those are Empty, empty. Nothing but floors, walls, ceilings and windows. Land prices being what they are, that will leave the average single colonist with about $1000 left to spend on furnishings. The other two are bare bones units, minimally furnished that will leave the new settler with perhaps $100 in their pocket.
It's the kind of terrible situation that can push a desperate sim into prostitution to pay the bills and keep what little they've got, y'know?
There are a bunch of requirements, but i'm still sorting them out. It's a lot lighter than the Island Resort that got derailed for the moment. (Have i rambled about that yet?)
A lot of what i had listed as needed doesn't apply here. But if you don't have Into The Future, a couple locations will be inaccessible (Lift tubes), which includes the Criminal Org dive bar. Due to the small lots, the Time Portal will appear elsewhere in town. (This means you won't be able to tuck it away in your family inventory to put it out of the way until you're interested in it)

Arcade.thumb.JPG.54deed45344edb06bc04bb9d5e619ec7.JPG

Library.thumb.JPG.fe5856b08a1d55128a016d4248c4973b.JPG

Why am i teasing all this?

Since i can't even load it, much less work on it, i'm putting it up for adoption.
What i think i have:

OK(West).Sims3Pack                     (The world file to install)
Outpost-K(West)pop000.sims3    (A save game with the base population of the colony installed)
OK(W)S3Downloads.rar                 (In theory, all of the Download folder installs for support files)
OK(W)S3Packages.rar                   (In theory, all of the Mod Packages for support files)
OK(W)popnotes01.txt                    (Simple text file with Personality Summary of default residents.
                                                           This should already be in their individual files, but i found it, so it's here)

Library [folder]                   (Should have the empty lots for game locations. May have locations for OKW Island Resort mixed in)
SavedSims [folder]            (Saved Sim files for the population of OK(W))

Exceptions - I did not pack CylonSue's 4 BRIDGE LANE lots, nor Jolie Rouge's FLEABOTTOM on the expectation that folks who would play this already have those installed.

It would be best if the Adopter has the Create-A-World tool to allow changing and balancing spawners in open world spaces and other such things.
For the CAW, i also have:

OK(W)006 [folder + .settings & .world files]   (should be the source files for Sims3Pack above)

Source Textures [folder]                       (custom textures used for the mod)
LocalWork [folder]                             (also seems to have custom files for the mod)

also:
OK(W)006c [folder + .settings & .world files]  ( ... 3 days later? I haven't a frelling clue.
                                                 Perhaps more spawners in open world areas?
                                                 Some balance adjustments? More Hidden Lots?
                                                 More work on The Club?
                                                 I really just don't know. But the files are there)

If you use CAW, you may know that i'm forgetting something essential here. Let me know, and i'll go back to old hard drive for it.

Obviously, interested parties who believe that can support this mod with the Lover's Lab community should contact me either via this post or PM.

Damn, i'm tired now...