EGTPacker Refuses to pack TGA textures

For the past few days, I've been trying to resolve the various skin tinting issues with New Vegas. The most obvious one is that African American characters have this awful blue-green hue to their lips, eyes, and nostrils. I've also upscaled the layers with ESRGAN, but at the moment, I'm keeping the dimensions at 256x256 to be sure. I eventually came upon EGTPacker, and the Optimized Facegen Files mod for Oblivion. So modifying the .egt layers and packing them together is doable, but for some reason, the following command:

egtpacker headchild pack m2

Always returns the error Error opening TGA files. At first, I thought it was due to the .tga headers being wrong as the latest ImageMagick and XNView versions set the 18th byte to 20. But after getting an older version of ImageMagick, that properly saves the .tga header, egtpacker still outputs the same error.

What am I doing wrong here? It should just work. I've attached an archive containing all the .tga layers, egtpacker, and the headchild.txt file.

headchild - M2 - TGA ESRGAN.7z