So I have a problem that has come up recently with SMP physics and the 3BBB body. That being... this:

Now, the SMP physics work fine during normal play, and boobs move as they're supposed to. But as soon as a character with SMP enabled gets into a sexlab scene, their boobs start accelerating to the speed of sound, like they're trying to achieve escape velocity. I assume there's something gone wrong with my hybrid CBP/SMP setup, but this issue didn't exist until just recently, after updating 3BBB to the latest version.

Other mods that use SMP (like SMP tails, etc.) work properly at all times.

Any help?

EDIT: After some testing, it appears that the spazzing boobs only affects NPCs, as a PC with SMP enabled do not have them freak out at all in sexlab scenes, even if they're bigger than her head.

I'm really at a loss, here.

FTR, It affects player too.

If you're using either CBBE-3BBB or BHUNP , you can reset SMP by switching to CBPC mode and back, using the 3BBB and/or BHUNP MCM assignable hotkey . (I use CBBE-3BBB for player, and BHUNP as a goto solution for updating old UNP-ish static followers, but some *do use it for their player)

btw, if you do have both CBBE-3BBB and BHUNP, make sure to set different hotkeys. They both install using the same default hotkey assignment, which is a disadvantage in most situations.

One minor warning: the switch-mode reset generally doesn't work while *in an animation, (you can often escape back to CBPC mode, but most of the time it doesn't seem to reinitiate SMP while animating) but if you can catch it before or at the beginning of an animation, it usually fixes it before you have to endure  "Two angry bats got caught on her nipples" through an entire animation sequence. (sometimes resetting to CBPC doesn't even work during an animation sequence)

2 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

"Two angry bats got caught on her nipples"

Thank you for that visual, I actually laughed irl.

I did know about the CBP reset, but I was hoping there was more of a permanent solution than "reset once things start getting Lovecraftian". Thanks for your input, though.

I get that....Me too....but... Unfortunately, until someone rewrites the SMP control algorithms, I think it's best to travel with a bike inner tube patch kit and wrenches, you know? SMP is an inherently unstable high-dynamic-response processor, so it can easily enter regions of instability as currently written. (seems like it either needs a polled zeroing operation for error residuals or resetting an AGC or an active clamp or something to deal with it automatically.)

I once read a post in passing that said stability in SMP can be improved by increasing the number of processor cores pointed at SMP processing...there's some ini setting for enabling either // processing or multi-threaded operation, but I don't remember much more than that. Might have been here, or it might have been something on Nexus. Might have been something like BETH-Ini associated posts, can't remember, but anyway, might be worth looking into if you're interested.

One other thing you can do to improve "immersive stability"....Operate in CBPC mode unless you have need of / desire for SMP.  (same goes for any SMP enabled followers)

Unfortunately, I can't really follow the technical jargon, but it does look like I'll be operating with mostly CBP on bodies for the time being, with SMP only covering tails and other miscellaneous things. Not a perfect solution, but I guess I'll deal.

Still very weird since when I did an initial UNP-SMP build (over a year ago) before switching to CBBE, SMP worked great on everything with zero issues. I wonder when it was that things changed to be more buggy.

idk. Honestly, I don't think they're all that buggy to begin with. I get maybe one or two glitches in my female player's body every time I play, but only one or two, and occasionally, I get stuck-to-infinity hair, which I fix another way, but that happens way more infrequently. It's no big deal. But if it's happening routinely for you, then maybe there's something else going on.

• 4 weeks later...

FIXED!!

Two days of scouring through my mods, meshes, and managers alike and I finally figured it out! This thread helped me, but you two are going to LAUGH at what actually causes it: A friggin' item in the NPC's inventory. But it's invisible in the "Lydia, I need you to carry all of my shit" way that we normally access followers' inventories. Anyways below is how I fixed it.

Go to console and click the NPC that's having the problem and show inventory. Look for an item that 3BBB-SMP pushed on the NPC, for me it was "3BBB Body SMP ON Object A - 50 (FE00381C) (100,100.00%) - Worn". So I pushed unequip on the item and the problem went away, then pushed equip again and sure enough... Bat-Booby-Bonanza.

So after some headscratching, I remembered that I had used the CBBE-3BBB Addon in the MCM to give my PC the Spell to adjust physics on NPCs. So I cast the spell on NPC again, and just as sure as my Uncle John's Corn Cob Pipe wasn't just for tobacco... the little bugger was back in her inventory. Remove item and et voila: All is right in the Boobyverse again.

Hope this helps and you guys have a great day!

Oh! Also I'm sure you both know your console commands and all that but for any future players that run into this I'm going to itemize the steps below for the sake of New User Friendliness.

1. Open Console (the ` button next to the 1) and click problematic NPC.

2. Type WITHOUT the apostrophes: "showinventory"

3. Scroll through the list using PageUp/PageDown until you see an item that looks like: "3BBB Body SMP ON Object A - 50 (FE00381C) (100,100.00%) - Worn" If it says BADEDITOR ID just ignore that and everything past it, it's not important.

4. Type "removeitem FE00381C 1" or whatever the ID number is in parenthesis. I underlined the one you need to look for in Step 3.

5. The problem should now be fixed, but go ahead and repeat steps 1 - 2 again just to make sure it is removed. If it's still showing in inventory you likely made a typo somewhere. 

That's the item to enable HDT-SMP on NPCs, yes. The fact that HDT enabled actors behave like that means you did something wrong in the install/setup of the body related mods (from skeleton in use to 3bbb settings, to the body set you built in bodyslide, etc, all the steps to get a functional body ready for physics).

Removing the item is preventing these actors to get HDT physics, it's not solving the issue but just avoiding it in a really wonky way. You can either get a proper setup for HDT physics or reinstall 3BBB and use the CBPC only install settings to remove HDT as a potential physic system for actors.

On 9/9/2020 at 1:56 PM, rex0300 said:

Two days of scouring through my mods, meshes, and managers alike and I finally figured it out! This thread helped me, but you two are going to LAUGH at what actually causes it: A friggin' item in the NPC's inventory. But it's invisible in the "Lydia, I need you to carry all of my shit" way that we normally access followers' inventories. Anyways below is how I fixed it.

Why would I laugh? I never addressed you in the first place.. 

My followers are, with one exception, running with BHUNP bodies. (the other with CBBE-3BBB like my female player - although using a different preset) They all have SMP without the need for carrying any tokens, simply by flipping their mode switches by using the appropriate hotkeys. Otherwise they operate in CPBC mode.

• 5 months later...

I'm late to this but I figured it out. The solution above is not actually a solution, it is more like erasing the question. 

If you want to use smp during sex and you have this problem, Do not use the scaling in sexlab. That's it. That should solve your issue. 

• 7 months later...