Horizon Zero Dawn Modding Thread

14 hours ago, azurebr said:

Did you try copying the weights from one of the outfits without the arms? I got that effect when I did that, those parts won't have the proper weights. You'll need to use @orangy's model as a template, but fix the weights first - if you go into weight painting mode and cycle through all the bones you'll see some have screwed up painting in spots, it's very strong weights far from the bone or zero weight very close to the bone, you need to smooth those over.

The Blender file attached should have most of the bones fixed and you should be able to transfer from that, though if Orangy could upload his original file then the weights would be much better.

Thanks. I thought it would be easier this way with only fixing the arms, but I haven't figured out how quiet yet. Quite new to 3d modeling.

And do you have any guess on why there is a symbol on Aloy's right arm in my second picture? Just looked at the UV, that part of the arm should just be skin-colored.

Edit: Tried out to use your weight settings. For some reason, everything other than the leg and arm armor (necklace, pelt around the waist, aloys body) were no longer textured, even though the UV stuff is the exact same way as before. No idea why that happens. 

14 hours ago, sfsafasfdsadafds said:

Thanks. I thought it would be easier this way with only fixing the arms, but I haven't figured out how quiet yet. Quite new to 3d modeling.

And do you have any guess on why there is a symbol on Aloy's right arm in my second picture? Just looked at the UV, that part of the arm should just be skin-colored.

Edit: Tried out to use your weight settings. For some reason, everything other than the leg and arm armor (necklace, pelt around the waist, aloys body) were no longer textured, even though the UV stuff is the exact same way as before. No idea why that happens. 

I didn't touch the textures or UV mapping, sorry.

I think that all the meshes in a single .core/stream file use the same material and textures, that's why you're getting these strange effects, though. If you change the texture you'll have to adjust the UV mapping everywhere, not only on the single mesh you've edited.

6 hours ago, Toofster said:

I've had a quick go at editing orangy's original files with the heads up from azurebr on the weights issue.  I'm going for a not entirely realistic version of Aloy, for those who prefer a touch more heft?.

Total work in progress, as I sorted the neck seam, but haven't looked at the others yet.  Might have a go at some texturing, but I'm learning as I go and I don't have much spare time. Thanks again for all the hard work from all involved.

Horizon Zero Dawn_Tue_Apr_20_18-42-17_2021.png

Horizon Zero Dawn_Tue_Apr_20_18-40-55_2021.png

Horizon Zero Dawn_Tue_Apr_20_18-39-00_2021.png

nice! Would love for you to release this when its done!!

Thicc Aloy is something i never knew i wanted! :P

8 hours ago, Toofster said:

I've had a quick go at editing orangy's original files with the heads up from azurebr on the weights issue.  I'm going for a not entirely realistic version of Aloy, for those who prefer a touch more heft?.

Total work in progress, as I sorted the neck seam, but haven't looked at the others yet.  Might have a go at some texturing, but I'm learning as I go and I don't have much spare time. Thanks again for all the hard work from all involved.

thicc aloy dream come true can u please share link 

20 hours ago, Toofster said:

is perfect

On 4/20/2021 at 10:31 PM, Toofster said:

How did you fix the seams on the inner thighs?

Anyway, been messing with a less naked version of that outfit, but I don't think it'll get much past this (can't even bother with LOD1).

1705411580_HorizonZeroDawn_Thu_Apr_22_00-29-11_2021.thumb.png.3de43dad36f98f08fe420ae6e7f78656.png

1626786533_HorizonZeroDawn_Thu_Apr_22_00-28-36_2021.thumb.png.82c4bed6f618d233f4a0c2ca78029309.png

36 minutes ago, azurebr said:

How did you fix the seams on the inner thighs?

I haven't attempted to yet, those pics are literally my first go at getting the model in game.  I'll have some time at the weekend to clean it up a bit and have a go at the seams, then maybe more LODs, if I'm feeling masochistic.  I've no experience with blender and I'm using this as a learning excercise, so I'm flying a bit blind. Your latest less nude version looks good btw?.

Thanks all for the comments, I'll try my best to get it released in a decent state at some point.

4 hours ago, Toofster said:

I haven't attempted to yet, those pics are literally my first go at getting the model in game.  I'll have some time at the weekend to clean it up a bit and have a go at the seams, then maybe more LODs, if I'm feeling masochistic.  I've no experience with blender and I'm using this as a learning excercise, so I'm flying a bit blind. Your latest less nude version looks good btw?.

Thanks all for the comments, I'll try my best to get it released in a decent state at some point.

cant wait man!

On 4/21/2021 at 3:31 AM, Toofster said:

Looks like, I'm gonna install this game AGANE...

On 3/12/2021 at 4:12 PM, crank2 said:

On the "insertion Armor" I am getting this odd artifact on the skin, especially noticeable around the chest area.  Looks like some kind of UV issue I guess but I didn't notice it on the other outfits.  Just trying to figure out if the issue is with my system or perhaps its intended.

Thanks for the work you put into this orangy.

Horizon Zero Dawn_Fri_Mar_12_16-07-12_2021.png

Does anyone know if there is a texture fix for this one?  I've been searching the pages but i cant seem to find a newer version.

On 4/22/2021 at 9:15 AM, Toofster said:

Had a spare half hour, so got the first LOD done.  How I love weight painting?.  Next is the seams, if it's possible.

Horizon Zero Dawn_Thu_Apr_22_14-51-04_2021.png

Horizon Zero Dawn_Thu_Apr_22_14-51-14_2021.png

Any update coming soon on this one? If not, any chance you could provide it as is?

It already looks pretty good.

1 hour ago, Toofster said:

Apologies for the lack of updates, real world things got in the way and I've not been able to work on this beyond what I've already shown.  The model still has seams, but the second LOD works well, so feel free to have a play with the file below.  Just drop it on top of orangy's explicit outfits mod and it will replace the Nora Silent Hunter outfits.  It's not perfect by any means, just me having some fun :) .  I'll try to finish it properly at some point. Credit to orangy for all his hard work.

Horizon Zero Dawn_Fri_Apr_23_17-24-36_2021_1.png

Horizon Zero Dawn_Fri_Apr_23_18-06-52_2021_1.png

Thicc_Aloy.rar 5.06 MB · 25 downloads

Thanks! Btw where is the makeup and lipstick from? Is it obtainable in game?