Creation Kit Script Compiling Error - Hearthfire Related?

Hello,

So I'm trying to tweak a mod that has a Hearthfire DLC dependence. However, when trying to compile any script, I get this error (there are many more, but it's probably just cascading script failure from one error).

image.png.cfa692ce0d05be5b1ce9bc30b5ff6956.png

However, I do have the Scripts.rar .zip unpacked (via. MO2), and can confirm that it contains the source .psc file of this byohrelationshipadoptablescript script (the .pex file is included in the Hearthfire .bsa). But it seems that CK still doesn't know what it is. I can compile scripts from other mods via linking CK into the MO2 fine, but for some reason I can't with any Hearthfire dependent mods.

Any ideas what else I am missing? This is for Oldrim as well.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Sleepy_Soul said:

However, I do have the Scripts.rar .zip unpacked (via. MO2), and can confirm that it contains the source .psc file of this byohrelationshipadoptablescript script (the .pex file is included in the Hearthfire .bsa).

DON'T DO THIS!

For one, SKSE overrides a bunch of vanilla scripts by itself, and if you were to compile a script requiring SKSE functionality (and assuming you've unpacked SKSE manually), the compiling will outright fail if the vanilla game had scripts for them (Utility, Actor, etc).

This is what you are supposed to do since vanilla and SKSE scripts are supposed to be the base of your game.

1. Unpack vanilla scripts to your <Skyrim>/Data folder directly.
  2. Unpack SKSE's Data to your <Skyrim> folder directly, overwriting *ALL* files.

This will not only allow you to compile scripts outside of MO as long as they reference vanilla/SKSE scripts only, but those scripts will always be at the root hierarchy of your game, with SKSE overwriting any expanded vanilla script.

Hmm, still getting the same error after doing the following (in this order to ensure SKSE is overwriting anything in the Scripts.rar zip, not the other way around):

1. Unpacking Scripts.rar directly to /Data directory.
  2. Unpacking SKSE v1.7.3's Data folder directly to /Data directory.

Any CK settings or something similar in regards to properly reading Hearthfire scripts? Unpack the BSA perhaps?