Sorta modding help but also mod idea

Hi! I wanted to try and use the genital sprites from the Sexbound mod by Locuturus to try and put them on the races outside of sex nodes (Just the groin_genital sprites) and I couldn't exactly think of a way to do it properly beyond leg 'clothes' of the genitals. I had tried to put it on the body sprites with varying degrees of success. The two issues were if I used the original full sprite without modification it'll peek out of the clothe sprites, however if I morphed it so it would fit on the body sprite still, it looked weird and slightly deformed. I was thinking of having another body part entirely for the groin but I'm still lacking in actual knowledge of the game and the files to know how to make it invisible when equipping bottoms. If anyone knows how to do this, please do tell me because I'd like to have it for personal uses, or if you just want to run with the idea as well that's fine by me (Better to have it competently made).

• 2 months later...

Starbound uses sprite layers. I don't think it's possible to remove clipping when it comes to body mods. If you give it genitals, it will almost always clip. There are body modification mod template which also provides animated no clip genitals. One that I use is the combination of clip for female and no clip for male.

https://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/678