Was thinking about picking this game up and doing alot of research on the game mechanics. do you guys play with aging ON/OFF? i was watching a lets play on youtube and it seemed like the normal aging setting that they age fast still. if you just turn it off how does that affect the children? can you enable it for some and not others?

You can turn it off/on for Players, Seperate Setting/option for Non PLayed.   You can manually age up at any time (I think, if the age time bar is filled).

Played: These are Families or Groups you have in your Played Families Bin.

Non-Played: These are Families or Groups that exist in the Game World (not to be confused with Neihborhoods); not meant to be played or controlled by the player.  

You can switch them between bins at any time (Manage Worlds).

I play with aging off for everyone.  

53 minutes ago, llddb said:

You can turn it off/on for Players, Seperate Setting/option for Non PLayed.   You can manually age up at any time (I think, if the age time bar is filled).

Played: These are Families or Groups you have in your Played Families Bin.

Non-Played: These are Families or Groups that exist in the Game World (not to be confused with Neihborhoods); not meant to be played or controlled by the player.  

You can switch them between bins at any time (Manage Worlds).

I play with aging off for everyone.  

ty ?

18 hours ago, hogsmaws said:

Was thinking about picking this game up and doing alot of research on the game mechanics. do you guys play with aging ON/OFF? i was watching a lets play on youtube and it seemed like the normal aging setting that they age fast still. if you just turn it off how does that affect the children? can you enable it for some and not others?

If you use the mod "MCCC" you can set the number of days before aging, for each stage of life.

I'm currently playing with all aging off.

But don't have any kids in game as I've used MCCC to age them all up to teens.

Also played with long lifespans for NPC's and aging off for my active sim only.

Aging system is quite flexible using the MCCC mod.

To expand a bit on what  @LittleDoxy and @Scorpio said. The game options let you choose "Short", "Normal", or "Long" lifespans. Short is half of Normal, and Long is 4x Normal. Using MCCC you can set the days for each life stage (separately) from 1 to 1,000 for "normal" setting. The life stages are "baby", "toddler", "child", "teen", "young adult", "adult", and "elder". So basically, you can set a sim's lifespan anywhere from 3.5 days** to 28,000 days. I always play with aging ON, because I don't mind if my sims do eventually age up. Additionally, there's something called "bonus days" which allow elders to live longer. Meaning your sims can live past the 28,000 day marker. For me that's more than long enough.

** I never played with it that short. It might force 1 whole day for each. Meaning 7 days is the shortest.

12 minutes ago, hogsmaws said:

cool ty - btw does anyone know why the setting relationship command no longer works?

e.g. - modifyrelationship Anna Banjo Doug Glass 100 LTR_Friendship_Main

Since MCCC has a permanent setting to always enable testing cheats on, (you might have missed this step but IDK if cheats has to be on for this command line). 

I just use MCCC to add, remove, or adjust relationships because I'm to lazy to mess with typing out command lines.

Handy utility that has tons of other features and one of the top 5 I would never be without.

32 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Since MCCC has a permanent setting to always enable testing cheats on, (you might have missed this step but IDK if cheats has to be on for this command line). 

I just use MCCC to add, remove, or adjust relationships because I'm to lazy to mess with typing out command lines.

Handy utility that has tons of other features and one of the top 5 I would never be without.

oh damn ur right.... it was right there but i just got this couple days ago so i guess theres gonna be a learning curve.

thanks!

35 minutes ago, hogsmaws said:

how are you guys preventing lovers from getting jealous when they see lovers have sex with other people?

You can disable all game jealousy in the WW Settings/Relationship Settings/Cheats. (easiest way)

Or

Add the Poly** trait to every sim you need it on with MCCC.

Note: MCCC also has jealousy settings, but think it's within the Woohoo settings if you have that optional module installed.

If you have MCWoohoo then you have to also disable jealousy in that mod too.

1 hour ago, Scorpio said:

You can disable all game jealousy in the WW Settings/Relationship Settings/Cheats. (easiest way)

Or

Add the Poly** trait to every sim you need it on with MCCC.

Note: MCCC also has jealousy settings, but think it's within the Woohoo settings if you have that optional module installed.

If you have MCWoohoo then you have to also disable jealousy in that mod too.

thank you!