how to modify skeleton.nif ?

Hallo.

I'm new to modding.

I was trying to slighty change proportions for the body, making legs longer.

I opened "\Data\Meshes\Actors\Character\CharacterAssets\skeleton.nif" with nifskope and modified the scale value for "LLeg_Calf" and "Rleg_Calf" .

When I import the modified skeleton and the body.nif in 3ds Max I can see the changes , but when I launch FO4 everyone has the standard aspect.

Obviously I'm missing something.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

Skeleton modifications don't work like. You must create an 'offset' NINode for the bone you are modifying and input your offset values into that. You can check my CBBE knee fix mod on Nexus for more info.

BTW, if your aim is to make the legs longer, you can't use scale values as it will scale them in ALL directions, hence you will end up with a tiny upper body and large legs. Plus, you might run into issues with certain animations.

My suggestion; wait for a few weeks, I am making a proper longer leg skeleton for CBBE, that should have minimal animation issues. Please track my knee fix mod, if you are interested.