Sex Lab MCM. I think  it might be in the animations section of its MCM. There's either a restriction? or permission? for aggressive animations  that *might be interfering . Might,

FNIS is used to ?compile?/install the animations into skyrim.  And IFF optional animation packs are installed, SL loader is used to register them into Sex L ab

(check the conversions thread from the main Skyrim Special edition page if you don't have the SL loader and want it)

re: FNIS: of course that has to have been run prior to animations working, but your symptoms don't really apply afaik, since you said some animations work.

it's also possible that there's a setting in defeat that's not set up right, but like I said, I'm nowhere near my gaming computer right now. So give that a thorough look too. it's a thick MCM. (but definitely check SL MCM first) 

Yes, I believe so, to cover female animations primarily if I'm not mistaken.

and the .hkx checkbox if you have the creature framework/animations (afaik)

-PS> imo/ime, AFT would be unlikely to be involved. Amazing Follower Tweaks is only a problem if an NPC like Serana is made an AFT follower, since she has her own follower stuff and that contention between her follower scripts and AFT can cause issues. Some others too...possibly Sofia, possibly Recorder...and... well I can't think of any others right now but you get my drift (i hope) 

PS> I presume you've installed some animation packs and registered them already? (if not, again, see the conversions thread) and fyi, don't try to install every single one you find, at least not at first, there are too many unless you install at least one more mod, and even then there are still practical limits

Makes sense, I've been spamming Sofia with that stuff. LOL. Yeah I actually managed to get everything working. Now I just have the issue of not being able to move sometimes after being assaulted. You've helped a lot though, I appreciate. 

Hmm... check your player as victim settings in Defeat for that freezing, as there are certain settings like "can't move during" or something that could be causing that (although there's also the possibility of freezing because of some script f-up or an undocumented penalty the mod authors left to bite the player, which at least for me happens sometimes. And if you get left in a state where you only have limited ability to zoom or pan but can still move, try to find a grind stone or other crafting station. If you can "pick" (initiate)  a crafting station to start crafting, the animation sequence used for the craft stations seems to clear whatever hidden zoom/pan penalty that either some mod author put into SL or one of the other mods (or maybe it's an error, but idk... it doesn't seem very accidental to me)

Yeah sometimes that happens, (especially if you happen to be out in that area between whiterun and rorikstead, although idk why that area is so affected, or the area around the winking lizard in Solitude, which also can exhibit that "too many NPCs" sluggishness). Last week in fact, me and "the girls"  (my two favorite followers Sha and Elwyn) attacked one of the bandit camps in that area to free a wench (from a certain mod), and got attacked by over a dozen. The game slowed to a  c     r    a    w    l  and I had to reload.  ...

If you're just trying to test defeat, maybe try a tamer target group of bandits next time, and even go alone. If you keep a close eye on your hit points (sometimes we don't when fighting) you can always choose to surrender if they get too low, or even go one non-immersive step further and console tgm...

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/16495

you literally don't know how to install a mod? Presuming I'm not interpreting your comment incorrectly, while I can't help you with MO2, but in vortex, (ie if you use Vortex as your mod manager) you either click the vortex button in that mod page (at nexus) and it will automatically download and install, or you download to your hard drive (some folder somewhere) and then use the "install from file" button in vortex, on the mods tab, then navigate to the folder where you downloaded it, pick it, and install.

MO2 surely has some similar installation process, presumably using the latter method of downloading the file manually and then installing. 

PS> most "general" mods are available at Nexus, along with foundations like body types, etc, and most adult stuff is available via LL, since Nexus aims to be a slightly more "family friendly" site, or at least it caters to a broader age range including minors)  if you don't have an account, I'd recommend that you create one.

I don't know what "THE T-pose" issue is.  You'll have to elaborate. T-pose can be caused by a variety of sources, from not running FNIS, to not checking the appropriate checkboxes when running FNIS to installing LE animations, to other mods interfering (again usually due to some LE mod being mixed in) and likely to other things I'm forgetting

Remove the BDIC and other creature mods (uninstall in reverse order of installation, and then, once they're all uninstalled, and you open the game, open only savefiles made BEFORE they were installed.

Then, make sure the game works before you continue installing stuff. And by make sure I mean play for a several levels (in fact, I'd suggest ~5 levels, unless you're secretly already at level 60 or something...which I doubt). In  the meantime, on your time off the game, you can thoroughly read and re-read and then re-read the mod descriptions and post  tabs of those mod pages (ie BDIC and some other creature mods) as well as any installation guides for creatures (see the conversions thread, it links a creature framework guide with important load order info)  before you mess with them. They aren't exactly rocket science, but it *is easy to get things wrong.

I'm not exactly sure how it picks animation groups. sometimes I think it ignores all but the most gross of terms (gender and qty of actors) and then picks randomly, or pseudo randomly, since it tends to pick the same animations (and same subgroups of animations) over and over and over. There's a hotkey you can set in defeat (general: option/controller key, default is the numeric 0) that allows you to pick-switch the animation you want (during animation. will  open list of available animations) , but it will be within the subgroup randomly picked by the base criteria of "how many actors are available and what genders are they?" or at least from my perspective, that's how it sure seems to work. You might get a long list of one animation type or yet another,. you might get 1:1 or 2:1, or 3:1 , whatever it picks. and whatever you have installed of course, it won't play what isn't installed and registered. it's rare in my experience that a full listing shows up, although on occasion it does.

edited for content and typos

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2020 at 12:38 AM, anjenthedog said:

I'm not exactly sure how it picks animation groups. sometimes I think it ignores all but the most gross of terms (gender and qty of actors) and then picks randomly, or pseudo randomly, since it tends to pick the same animations (and same subgroups of animations) over and over and over. There's a hotkey you can set in defeat (general: option/controller key, default is the numeric 0) that allows you to pick-switch the animation you want (during animation. will  open list of available animations) , but it will be within the subgroup randomly picked by the base criteria of "how many actors are available and what genders are they?" or at least from my perspective, that's how it sure seems to work. You might get a long list of one animation type or yet another,. you might get 1:1 or 2:1, or 3:1 , whatever it picks. and whatever you have installed of course, it won't play what isn't installed and registered. it's rare in my experience that a full listing shows up, although on occasion it does.

edited for content and typos

I was about to start a topic asking about that, actually.  I've noticed lately that Defeat (and even Submit) seems to be playing the same six animations, no matter which animations I've enabled in the SexLab menu, and no matter how much I monkey around with tags on Defeat's menu.  I was wondering if I needed to reset my animation registry and begin that whole slog again.  But it sounds like none of that matters.

Guess I'll try manually picking the animations now.  Thanks for that tip-off.

10 hours ago, luminous.n said:

You could do that, I've never ran into that problem because I always make sure everything is enabled. 

Like I said, animations were enabled, they just weren't playing.  Like, all the aggressive animations from Leito's SLAL pack were registered and toggled on in the SexLab menu's Aggressive category, but Defeat (and Submit) would only play LeitoBoundAnalRearEntry and five specific animations from other packs.  And it doesn't look like having Defeat and Submit on at the same time messed things up, since the problem persisted after disabling the latter.

As best I can tell, something odd happened when I installed FunnyBizness' SLAL pack, because I noticed the "Forced" tag disappeared from Defeat's animation menu for some reason after I installed, registered, FNIS-ed, etc. that animation pack.  Running FNIS again with that pack enabled didn't solve the issue, so I ended up uninstalling it, running FNIS again, and rebuilding the SexLab animation registry.  And that seemed to fix it so Defeat used the full array of enabled animations.

Maybe poor Defeat got overwhelmed by the number of potential animations available, and decided to use a much smaller list?  That's my best guess at this point.