Blarg, my male warlock rapist is fine, but now a new female character is having a whopping two animations playing in a "player as victim" scenario, and one of them is an aggressive femdom animation.

My best theory is that this is because the starter save file I made in the Live Another Life cell, with SexLab installed and all the animations I wanted registered and enabled, was with a default male Nord.  So maybe using /showracemenu to change to a female and going on to play from there messed with Defeat somehow even before it was activated.  So making a female character and then doing the fifteen-minute SexLab installation process might yield better results.  Alternatively, the settings from all my male characters are bleeding through to my female character and messing with which animations are seen as appropriate.

I really need to learn how to use SLATE, make some "AggressiveMaleOnFemale" and "AggressiveFemaleOnMale" tags, and get real specific about what animations I want Defeat to use.

17 hours ago, luminous.n said:

Yeahh I don't really know either. I'm glad it worked out though! What other kind of mods do you use? 

Not many, compared to my set-up at the end of my final Legendary Edition playthrough.  From this site, Defeat, Submit for conversational sexing, Amorous Adventures, CreatureFramework, its dependencies, and SexLab Werewolves in anticipation of a Companions run, Radiant Prostitution, and the Anub, Billyy K4, Leito, Milky and Nibbles SLAL packs.

I want to say maybe Radiant Prostitution is having a weird interaction with Defeat somehow, since when I tested it out my hooker could only choose between two animations for a given client, but I think that's a feature, not a bug.  And the mod is enabled for my male rapist and not causing any problems, other than that orc in Raven Rock whoring himself out because he's wearing the hooker-flagged Tavern Clothes.

Okay, tried a completely fresh start as a female character, went through the whole mod configuration process again, installed SexLab, registered the animations from the SLAL packs, ticked which ones were aggressive and whatnot, and installed Defeat.  And when I threw that test character at the first bandits I could find, I had a total of one aggressive animation play, the good old ArrokLegUpFuck.  And my computer was roaring like a leafblower the whole time.

What fixed that problem was clearing the SexLab animation registry and re-registering those SLAL animations while Defeat was still installed, so maybe you install Defeat after SexLab but before working the SLAL.  But evidently you can't add too many additional animations, or else Defeat might get overwhelmed like what happened when I installed the FunnyBizness' SLAL pack and only had a half-dozen animations appearing.  Also, the mod does not like it when there are other animation triggers around like wood chopping blocks or weapon grindstones, I had several cases of bandits deciding to wander off to resume their chores rather than jumping on my victimized character as threatened.

Oh, and I don't see any option to choose which animation was playing when I hit "0" or "Shift + 0," naturally.

On 8/2/2020 at 2:34 PM, luminous.n said:

LMAOOO that last bit is pretty funny but again. It's tough to come up with suggestions when I've never run into any of these issues. Armorous Adventures huh? I don't think I've seen that on SE. 

I'm not sure it's actually listed on the SE Downloads page on this site, I only found it through the SSE Conversion Tracking thread, which linked to a post by vitasgo with a MEGA upload.

Well, I'd read a warning in some setup guide to install Defeat last, well after SexLab.  And I can't remember the mod giving me this sort of trouble back in the LE days.  So I angered a witch at some point, obviously.

My current Defeat issue is too many animations available - trying to restrict aggressive creature animations to those with the "Aggressive," "forced" or "Rough" tags doesn't seem to be filtering consensual creature encounters.  But I can just disable those animations or "O" key through them, so I'll take it over my earlier problems.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...