I have been following this guide to mod Skyrim SE Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 2.1.7 (3BBB and HDT-SMP)(highly recommended) by Aylis, gradually i decided to add more adult mods, adding soft dependancies, hotfixes and patches.. which deviated from the original  load order set-up to satistate my devious fetishes and kinks.  

2144271886_SexlabModsLoadOrder.thumb.png.201c15bd32072c79bb6d5062fb6ec989.png
Currently this load order is loosely catergorised as :
1)Foundation Mods (Sexlab, Devious Devices, SLAL Loader, Defeat,Sexlab Aroused and etc)
2)Creatures Sex Mods (MNC, Bad Dog's Immersive Creatures, Aroused Creatures, Estrus Charus +, Sexlab Parasites and etc..)
3) Sexlab Immersion/Quest Mods (Angrim, Amorous Adventures, Sexlab Solutions,  From The Deeps,  Deviously Cursed Loot, Body Search, Skooma Whore, Simple Slavery and etc)
4)Sexlab Animation Mods (SLAL Animation Packs x ZAZ Animation Pack)
5)Pregnancy + Milking + Inflation Mods (SLIF, Fertility Mode , FillHerUp and MME)

i have only recently started a playthrough and is enjoying it so far, but.. my question is!!!!

1) is there a general guideline on which sexlab mods should have the highest prority in load order?
2) how would you re-arrange the following list of sexlab-related mods for it to be more optimised/stable?
3) which ones are script-heavy? which ones are generally not compatible with one another? 

i hope to learn more about managing load orders, thank you for reading? ? 

• 1 month later...

I know this isn't helpful in ANY way, but legit I am in the EXACT same position!  honestly, its close to this. if anyone can come through and who exactly how to have whats above set up it would be grand :) 

(also sorry when you get this reply just to find it unhelpful) I found this while trying to navigate for answers

• 2 months later...

1) is there a general guideline on which sexlab mods should have the highest prority in load order?

Maybe, there were some before LOOT, now LOOT is the only used load order program and almost fully trusted, there may still be some guides/examples but LOOT is surely the most widely used program to sort load order today.

2) how would you re-arrange the following list of sexlab-related mods for it to be more optimised/stable?

I'd launch LOOT to do it first, then get back to each mod creator's readme file or mod description to see if there is anything said about load order.

3) which ones are script-heavy? which ones are generally not compatible with one another? 

Mod creators say it in readme files or mod description.

As another rookie modder the best advice has already be stated, start by running loot, then read each of your SL mods descriptions and support threads for adjustments. Generally you can keep all your SL mods in the same general install/load group (so they load late). In the end, there is no 'one way' to mod, but when you do get it right it sure is rewarding.  And be sure to share your results for others.

What I've been doing (using MO2):

-install mods (do not install large numbers at once of course)

--try to install and activate each mod one at a time so later installers can detect the mods you have installed and suggest patches if they have them

--you may need to remember if a mod has patch options during install that will apply later (eg: XP32 skeleton installer has a Joy of Perspective patch I think)

--for Nexus hosted mods, check the dependencies list for related mods under the "mods that depend on this mod" section, some are patches, or patch 'compendiums' (LOTD is an example of the latter)

-check for loose file overwrites (left pane), adjust based on mod author notes, disable mods if the author indicates known incompatibilities

-also check your mods for multiple ESP files, disable any that are not needed (MO2 will enable all by default, even if only one should be, read the authors notes)

-run loot (install anything loot says is missing if applicable and then re-run it)

-check the right pane, adjust load order as per mod author notes (loot will move things around and you may have to make corrections)

-run xedit, check for conflicts (in some cases adjusting the load order will be enough to resolve issues)

-re-run FNIS and/or Nemesis to rebuild animations if required

-if using a bashed patch re-run it, or leave it out for short term testing

-run the game, wait for MCM registrations and reregister mods as required

-test the new mods looking for errors (use a fresh game character if in doubt)

Fixing:

-adjust install order (left pane) or load order (right pane) as needed, lower in the lists is "higher priority".  This should make most mods work.  Install order is normally less important than load order, so most of the time you'll be looking at the right pane, moving mods down/up the list until they work.

-if you have wrye installed run it and see if anything is missing (look for orange check boxes as a start (blue, purple, and green are normally safe colors), also look at the mods load order property to see if it gives any clues)

-use xedit to inspect for record conflicts, the view tab will show what the winning mod was (right most column)

-if things are invisible, but you can bump into them, you are probably missing files or something is overwriting them

-don't be afraid to disable and shuffle things around (trivial process in MO2)

-as you install mods with installers, try to remember if they list any options/patches related to other mods you are planning on using, you may need to re-run those to get all the fixes

Example: pink/purple textures or invisible things? missing files, re-check the mods dependencies or adjust the install order to correct an overwrite so the desired ones win.

example: some dogs are invisible? did you install the hentai creatures files? it includes meshes and textures for one of the dogs MNC generates (wrye bash revealed this to me by looking at the dependencies property, MO2 did not flag it [or I was color blind that day])

example: horses change from black to brown when you get close? did you install animalsos and abc at the same time? remove animalsos or abc, mod author indicates a known compatibility issue, use one or the other, not both

example: random crashes (CTD) when near animals? something is not right with one of your creature mods, probably related to one of the arousal mods.  Verify the dependencies, re-run FNIS, re-register animations in the MCM.  CTD's like this are hard to diagnose, disable mods to get back to stable, then work forward one mod at a time.

example: none of the creatures have dialog options? did you enable creature dialog in the SL MCM? maybe move the related mod lower in the load list

On 6/21/2020 at 11:34 PM, ralchemilla said:

I have been following this guide to mod Skyrim SE Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 2.1.7 (3BBB and HDT-SMP)(highly recommended) by Aylis, gradually i decided to add more adult mods, adding soft dependancies, hotfixes and patches.. which deviated from the original  load order set-up to satistate my devious fetishes and kinks.  

2144271886_SexlabModsLoadOrder.thumb.png.201c15bd32072c79bb6d5062fb6ec989.png
Currently this load order is loosely catergorised as :
1)Foundation Mods (Sexlab, Devious Devices, SLAL Loader, Defeat,Sexlab Aroused and etc)
2)Creatures Sex Mods (MNC, Bad Dog's Immersive Creatures, Aroused Creatures, Estrus Charus +, Sexlab Parasites and etc..)
3) Sexlab Immersion/Quest Mods (Angrim, Amorous Adventures, Sexlab Solutions,  From The Deeps,  Deviously Cursed Loot, Body Search, Skooma Whore, Simple Slavery and etc)
4)Sexlab Animation Mods (SLAL Animation Packs x ZAZ Animation Pack)
5)Pregnancy + Milking + Inflation Mods (SLIF, Fertility Mode , FillHerUp and MME)

i have only recently started a playthrough and is enjoying it so far, but.. my question is!!!!

i hope to learn more about managing load orders, thank you for reading? ? 

Thats... alot of sexlab mods. Sexlab framework should always be at the top of your Sloot mods. DD and DCL should be fairly close to that, but you need to look at not only left side. But right side as well, every single esm needs to be brought to the top IN ORDER. Things like from the deeps can actually go into the AREA section as it modifies an area of the world. And since you used the list made by aylis.. DON'T FUCKING USE LOOT. Aylis' mod list is done entirely by hand and is that order for specific reasons. Loot will move some of your mods up or down and it will make it pretty unstable. it will also move texture files and generally fuck it up. 

• 3 years later...
On 10/6/2020 at 2:29 PM, dje34 said:

Maybe, there were some before LOOT, now LOOT is the only used load order program and almost fully trusted, there may still be some guides/examples but LOOT is surely the most widely used program to sort load order today.

I'd launch LOOT to do it first, then get back to each mod creator's readme file or mod description to see if there is anything said about load order.

Mod creators say it in readme files or mod description.

Loot and trusted ?? , this thing do just bad sorting plugins man a Simple like put patchs plugin in the lowest of the load order loot can't do that , if I don't lock Northern Roads Patchs loot sort it in the middle of the load order ?!

You just need to do it manually and if you have a lot of plug-in like me ( 930 ) good luck !