So I recently started another fresh start playthrough of Skyrim SE. I choose to play The Legacy of the Dragonborn as I have heard great reviews from fellow players. During the installation I read the installation information provided by the mod authors and noticed that they stated "Sexlab/Lover's Lab mods:
LL mods are very resource heavy and affect areas of the system which conflict with heavily modded setups and heavily scripted games. Nobody on the Legacy team utilizes or endorses use of LL content with Legacy as there have been numerous reports of stability concerns which we cannot address. If you choose to utilize these with Legacy, do so at your own risk and seek help at the LL site instead." 

Has anyone experienced this? I would like to know so I do not have another playthrough ruined by an issue caused by incompatibility that snuck up on me. I know that nothing may happen, but I like to be forewarned.

Cheers,

It would be disingenuous to pretend that LL mods don't increase system loading. But that doesn't mean they're "to blame" for anything.

LL mods generally rely on CBPC and or SMP, even when they aren't themselves directly associated. SMP is by its very nature unstable. CBPC is better but it's also not (afaik) a true closed loop control paradigm. (if cbpc is, forgive me, I've never seen the code. and in any case its still a clock-cycle drinker, even if not the lush that SMP is), but even without the code in hand, it's clear SMP is riding a knife's edge on stability, as anyone who'se used it knows when the hair or skirt or boobs suddenly go off-the-wall wonky and flail like a bat trying to escape a closed room. Any mods that push the bounds are likely to cause problems at least here and there.  And if you use them a lot, it's likely to happen a lot more often.

Couple that with heavy environmental mods and high-K textures... and script heavy content... well that's the case no matter the genre involved.

You really need a fast proc, beaucoup main memory, a large and snappy harddrive (SSD preferred) and at least a ~1080 grade video card, with a bare min of 8G VRAM would be my recommendation (even if I'm getting by with a 1060 6G) 

When I wrote my earlier post, it was late night, so I didn't elaborate.

What I meant by the "SE just laughs at resource heavy mods" was the 64 bit architecture. It is much harder to break than the LE engine. In LE it was a constant juggle for me to keep it stable. SMP was a big no-no. I had to know which mods ran constant cloaks and configure those cloaks. I was OK with the textures, as I'm usually OK with 2K ones, rarely went for 4K or higher. I had to monitor the logs for those telltale signs, when the engine couldn't handle the load and executed the scripts delayed (atm I don't remember what was it called in the log).

In SE I have none of these performance issues. Mods relying on physics work much more stable. I'm using SMP too for example.

I use LOTD.  Vortex tells me I'm running 1170 installed mods (of which 902 from nexus), merged down into 243 normal plugins, 198 light plugins.  Runs fine.  Only problem is the frequency of the updates if you're also using some of their other "merged" plugins like their NPC retexture merged plugin, which means you'll be rebuilding a lot of merges if you want to keep on the latest.

Biggest impacts for me on SSE are physics and running in 4k (screen resolution, not texture size), and the physics isn't the much of a problem anymore with the recent updates to HDT-SMP and the BHUNP/3BA bodies allowing configuration of HDT-SMP/CBPC via spell.

On 6/14/2020 at 3:21 AM, Grummkol said:

I use LOTD.  Vortex tells me I'm running 1170 installed mods (of which 902 from nexus), merged down into 243 normal plugins, 198 light plugins.  Runs fine.  Only problem is the frequency of the updates if you're also using some of their other "merged" plugins like their NPC retexture merged plugin, which means you'll be rebuilding a lot of merges if you want to keep on the latest.

Biggest impacts for me on SSE are physics and running in 4k (screen resolution, not texture size), and the physics isn't the much of a problem anymore with the recent updates to HDT-SMP and the BHUNP/3BA bodies allowing configuration of HDT-SMP/CBPC via spell.

So out of curiosity, how does one merge 1170 mods into 243 normal plugins and 198 light plugins?

6 hours ago, sirhedley said:

So out of curiosity, how does one merge 1170 mods into 243 normal plugins and 198 light plugins?

zMerge (part of zedit).  I also used part of Lexys LOTD guide as a base so was able to use various pre-merged files from there (NPC Retxture Merge) or build my own consistency patches/merges for LOTD/Sexlab based on what l have installed in my load order .

Also some of those addons don't have plugins (texture replacement mods, etc)

20 hours ago, Grummkol said:

zMerge (part of zedit).  I also used part of Lexys LOTD guide as a base so was able to use various pre-merged files from there (NPC Retxture Merge) or build my own consistency patches/merges for LOTD/Sexlab based on what l have installed in my load order .

Also some of those addons don't have plugins (texture replacement mods, etc)

Ah Cool! IS there any videos or what not that give a detail description? I would like to try that sometime. Sounds interesting to say the least! Thanks!

• 8 months later...
On 6/14/2020 at 2:21 AM, Grummkol said:

I'm new to modding and I'm probably asking questions beyond my ability as of yet, but...

I'm wanting to use BHUNP in place of the UNP Blessed Body SE in the LOTD Plus modlist.

Do you have any tips for making this substitution? Also would you have a recommendation for replacing TMB armors?

Would UUNP Vanilla Outfits Bodyslides SE work, as BHUNP offers UUNP support?

Sorry for my ignorance in this and thank you to anyone that can help.