How to easily acquire custom items with cheats

BlueShinobi

Let's say you want Dark Lilith armor for your character, but don't feel like traveling to Solitude and mucking around the clothes shop for five minutes to find it. There is a much easier way!

Use the console command "help [item name here]"

So in this case I type:

help dark lilith

To which I am given the IDs for all parts(use the page up and page down buttons to scroll through the list). 

So I enter the following(careful to type ID letters in upper case)

player.additem 10000D62 1
player.additem 10000D54 1
player.additem 10000D66 1
player.additem 100012DC 1

At which point I now have Dark Lilith armor, boots, gloves and wings in my inventory and ready to equip.

If you have a list of similar IDs, you can speed your entry by pressing the Up arrow. This will cause your last entry to appear already typed out! Then all you need to do is backspace over a few characters and replace them(don't forget to add a space and a 1 at the end of the ID).

This has worked on every custom item I've tried it on. But the custom item's internal game name will need to match how you know it. IE there is an off chance what you know as "Sexy ninja outfit" has an internal name of "kunoichi mini". At which point, this will not work. But I've never seen anything like that.

It works as I posted it. I literally just used it that way :)

I've been away from Skyrim for about 5 months and I forgot how to do it :D While I was checking, I was inspired to write this post. I remember it originally took me a half hour to piece this together, because I didn't know help could return ID numbers based on strings.

Thanks for adding the CK way ;)

Archived