Tutorial: Wicked Whims HQ

So I figured out how to make WW HQ compatible without breaking it (like if you try HQ conversion tool). Hope it'll help you folks.

Tools:

1. Sims4Studio (http://sims4studio.com/board/6/download-sims-studio-open-version)

2. HQ Converter (http://modthesims.info/d/620563/hq-texture-converter-version-2-3-12-16-2018.html)

Process:

1. Open TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Tuning.package in s4s, type "DDS Image" in top left filter field and click "filter"

2. When you see only DDS records in the list, click one of them and press CTRL + A (select all)

3. Click "Batch Export" and choose where you save this file and it's name (I leave default Export.package)

4. Repeat 1-3 but for "rle2" (attention no SPACES here) filter and name file like Export1.package

5. Repeat 1-3 but for "rles" filter and name file like Export2.package

6. In s4s top bar "Content Management -> Merge Packages"

7. Click "add" and choose all 3 export packages from previous steps

8. Hit merge and name new file something like "WW_Textures", now you got one merged package with all you need for HQ

9. Spin up HQ Converter and click "Select package...", then choose WW_Textures.package. Conversion process will begin.

10. When converter is done doing it's job, save you file and name it like WW_TexturesHQ (by default it'll be like that anyways)

11. Same as step 6, choose WW_TexturesHQ.package and TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Tuning.package and merge them in one file. This file MUST BE the same name as original otherwise WW will not work, so again - name must be "TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Tuning.package", save this file somewhere else other than your working folder and then you can replace original WW with what you got here.

12. Put the resulting file in your mods folder, overriding original WW.

14. Profit.

Good news is WW_TexturesHQ.package may be reused over and over if / when WW is updated (just go from step 11). In rare cases if TurboDriver adds some new textures, the whole scenario must be repeated from step 1. You can delete all temp files like Export... etc and just keep WW_TexturesHQ (outside of your mods folder) for later use.

WickedWhims is actually HQ compatible except for the skin tones. I've upscaled all other textures to be compatible, but skin tones remain in the original scale because upscaling them introduces horrible graphical artifacts. I don't believe you need to go through this process, all you need is a separate mod that overrides default skin tones to be upscaled and that's all.

On 5/15/2020 at 5:46 AM, TURBODRIVER said:

WickedWhims is actually HQ compatible except for the skin tones. I've upscaled all other textures to be compatible, but skin tones remain in the original scale because upscaling them introduces horrible graphical artifacts. I don't believe you need to go through this process, all you need is a separate mod that overrides default skin tones to be upscaled and that's all.

I tried to no avail until I did what I described before, I tried to make an override mod as well, but textures were still all black. I haven't notice any artifacts so far since I upscaled every texture in the mod.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have any other mods installed hex0id? I did just as you said, and it didn't seem to work for me. I'm no rookie to that process either. I batch extracted .dds and the rle2 and rles files, then used HQ converter to convert them. Still the all black penis issue. What settings in HQ converter did you use? I can't seem to figure this out and I really want to get both to work together.

22 minutes ago, thejester39 said:

Do you have any other mods installed hex0id? I did just as you said, and it didn't seem to work for me. I'm no rookie to that process either. I batch extracted .dds and the rle2 and rles files, then used HQ converter to convert them. Still the all black penis issue. What settings in HQ converter did you use? I can't seem to figure this out and I really want to get both to work together.

There's no point WW has updated to v155g and seems to be working, just go download it again and delete "localthumbcache.package" in the same foler where to find the Mods folder.

I redownloaded it and tried again and am still getting the black penis. I have all of Alf-si and vee's textures downloaded as well. I don't know what the problem here could be.

EDIT: It seems like the black penis issue may actually only be in CAS and not during actual gameplay. I can live with that. So far from what I've tested, that is the case.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2020 at 12:49 PM, thejester39 said:

I redownloaded it and tried again and am still getting the black penis. I have all of Alf-si and vee's textures downloaded as well. I don't know what the problem here could be.

EDIT: It seems like the black penis issue may actually only be in CAS and not during actual gameplay. I can live with that. So far from what I've tested, that is the case.

Sorry for the late reply, yeah I was experiencing something similar in CAS in tattoos section, but it seem not to be the case in the game, so I even didn't mention this.

On 6/20/2020 at 2:42 PM, thejester39 said:

No worries. Sadly after buying Eco Lifestyle, I am having the black penis issue again. Doing this again does not seem to work either. I don't understand what's going on, but I'm about to give up on it.

I had that issue too.  I just "chose a color" for the penis, and it fixed, I only saw the issue in CAS.

• 2 weeks later...

ok here it is, I hope it works and fixes the problem, at least it does for me. I did not test it well yet, I see no black genitals in CAS which is a good sign indeed. the file contains all skintones in HQ with part added, the part that was causing black genitals issue. this is not upscaled version from WW package, so I hope it will not have "weird glitches", the reason why WW still contains LQ skin textures. I also hope that "tanning" and all other features will work as it contains about 120 texture files for all conditions.

now the most confusing part - mod load order. I'll just dump my folder structure and you guys take it from there as it works ok for me and so should work for you, play with it maybe you'll find a better way to organize it:

1.0.Game -> 0.WW HQ ->_SkinTones.package
1.0.Game -> TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Scripts.ts4script
1.0.Game -> TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Tuning.package
12.0.HQ -> and here I have all HQ stuff for base game, eps etc

pay attention I use numbers to generally organize things so game loads them first or last, and I use folders inside folders and just to make sure _SkinTones.package loads last I even add an underscore. maybe it's an overkill, but I am very tired and frustrated with the whole load order shit, so it is what it is.

btw this file is the only thing you need to make WW play nice with HQ mode, nothing else, confirmed. skintones are the only thing WW has in LQ and it's causing all the troubles.

please test and let me know.

P.S: it does work with eco ep

_SkinTones.package

12 hours ago, Oops19 said:

How do you convert the EP? Do you also need to extract rle2 and rles into packages to convert all images?

yeah, there's quite a lot of guides how to do it, you can google one by Alfsi. generally speaking you extract rle2 and rles with sims4studio out of ClientBuild files and then convert them with CMAR's HQ Converter tool, then you put the resulting package in your mods folder.

10 hours ago, hex0id said:

yeah, there's quite a lot of guides how to do it, you can google one by Alfsi. generally speaking you extract rle2 and rles with sims4studio out of ClientBuild files and then convert them with CMAR's HQ Converter tool, then you put the resulting package in your mods folder.

I also compiled & used the HD converter before. Anyhow I used *.package as input and got strange results. The reason to switch back to normal were Sims which were all orange/light brown, likely because of missing sweat layers or something like this. That's one of the reasons I play without HQ atm.

Maybe I'll start the converter again and together with the above file & directory structure there's hope that it will work.

17 hours ago, Oops19 said:

I also compiled & used the HD converter before. Anyhow I used *.package as input and got strange results. The reason to switch back to normal were Sims which were all orange/light brown, likely because of missing sweat layers or something like this. That's one of the reasons I play without HQ atm.

Maybe I'll start the converter again and together with the above file & directory structure there's hope that it will work.

I'll PM you a file for you to try.

On 7/2/2020 at 6:33 AM, Oops19 said:

How do you convert the EP? Do you also need to extract rle2 and rles into packages to convert all images?

It's actually surprisingly easy to be honest. I've done it for each one that Alf-si or vee didn't do. Follow Alf-si's guide on the official HQ Mod site. It's not hard at all using Sims 4 Studio and Cmar's HQ converter. 

On 7/2/2020 at 5:13 AM, hex0id said:

ok here it is, I hope it works and fixes the problem, at least it does for me. I did not test it well yet, I see no black genitals in CAS which is a good sign indeed. the file contains all skintones in HQ with part added, the part that was causing black genitals issue. this is not upscaled version from WW package, so I hope it will not have "weird glitches", the reason why WW still contains LQ skin textures. I also hope that "tanning" and all other features will work as it contains about 120 texture files for all conditions.

now the most confusing part - mod load order. I'll just dump my folder structure and you guys take it from there as it works ok for me and so should work for you, play with it maybe you'll find a better way to organize it:

1.0.Game -> 0.WW HQ ->_SkinTones.package
1.0.Game -> TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Scripts.ts4script
1.0.Game -> TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Tuning.package
12.0.HQ -> and here I have all HQ stuff for base game, eps etc

pay attention I use numbers to generally organize things so game loads them first or last, and I use folders inside folders and just to make sure _SkinTones.package loads last I even add an underscore. maybe it's an overkill, but I am very tired and frustrated with the whole load order shit, so it is what it is.

btw this file is the only thing you need to make WW play nice with HQ mode, nothing else, confirmed. skintones are the only thing WW has in LQ and it's causing all the troubles.

_SkinTones.package 20.8 MB · 11 downloads

You're the man! Haven't tested too much, but a quick initial testing shows things are all good to go! Thanks man!

EDIT: So upon further testing, when I engage in a sexual act both Sims have that "inside out" look to them. I tested with just Sims HQ Mod and WW. It looks fine at other times, but during the actual act they change and have that weird look to them. Like no eyebrows and stuff. Wonder why this could be. I have no other mods in at the moment.

EDIT 2: Can't figure out why. They look like this https://67.media.tumblr.com/5d527f1baa3f8417f98bfe0c44e7687e/tumblr_inline_o7c5d4eKc61tx4z77_500.png  But only during sex. According to Alf-si it is because of an incorrect diffuse map. I gave up on this for a little while, but was hoping your file would work. It works in the shower and things like that, but not during the act.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2020 at 11:52 PM, thejester39 said:

EDIT 2: Can't figure out why. They look like this https://67.media.tumblr.com/5d527f1baa3f8417f98bfe0c44e7687e/tumblr_inline_o7c5d4eKc61tx4z77_500.png  But only during sex. According to Alf-si it is because of an incorrect diffuse map. I gave up on this for a little while, but was hoping your file would work. It works in the shower and things like that, but not during the act.

Might be sweat textures, there's still some stuff In WW that causes this. I PMed you a file you can try and I believe will fix it.

Also, can you try and switch sweating off and see if it solves the problem? I think there's an option for that in settings.

On 7/2/2020 at 5:13 AM, hex0id said:

UPDATE 7/23:

I was wrong that it's the only thing needed. Eventually, Some stuff is being added to WW like new dolls (in LQ for some reason) and some older stuff is still LQ (other than skintones unfortunately), so you guys need to convert that into HQ package and put near 1.0.Game -> 0.WW HQ ->_SkinTones.package. Just don't include skintones in this package otherwise they may and probably will conflict with mine. I hope one day Turbo will convert all that into HQ so we can forget these issues.

1 hour ago, hex0id said:

Might be sweat textures, there's still some stuff In WW that causes this. I PMed you a file you can try and I believe will fix it.

Also, can you try and switch sweating off and see if it solves the problem? I think there's an option for that in settings.

Hi, im having the exact same issue, im in HQ and everything works perfect but during animations i get the yellow textures, i disabled the sweat then save and restart, but it failed the same, the package with the problem is: TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Tuning.package i tried all the steps you gave also run the "TS4DefaultsFixer_2_0_0_0" but didnt work also, is there any other thing i could do? Thanks!

On 7/23/2020 at 3:21 AM, pesadilla said:

Hi, im having the exact same issue, im in HQ and everything works perfect but during animations i get the yellow textures, i disabled the sweat then save and restart, but it failed the same, the package with the problem is: TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Tuning.package i tried all the steps you gave also run the "TS4DefaultsFixer_2_0_0_0" but didnt work also, is there any other thing i could do? Thanks!

please do read my previous post.