Skyrim, whats the point to play past ~lv 40?

nirax

Hey,

one question which always strikes me around hitting lv 40.. done basically all main questlines.. done master diff.. sure there are still some smaller things left, could do repetitive dark brother hood quests etc.. but overall i feel like i start to lose drive and motivation there.

now it always strikes me reading here on LL and on other sites of ppl going past 50, 70 etc levels..

i usually start a new ´career´ after lv40.. so 

.. what am i missing ? what are you guys DOING after ~lv40..  

cheers

Try some new locations mods like a good dungeon crawler that's uploaded on Nexus... Simple things that can improve skyrim. Some people like to have a ridiculous rich character... After Lv 40 I start to look for stuff to collect... For example... I want all possibles armors from skyrim in my chest at windhelm, but without using console commands. xD

hm ok thats a start understanding what you guys do ;) -  ya i dont use any conseole or overpowered stuff. playing it with frostfall, needs & stuff on master and max 1 companion.. im in for the immersion.

but level40+ when you collect stuff, arent you just rushing all over the place? i mean most enemies arent much of a challenge

Hey,

one question which always strikes me around hitting lv 40.. done basically all main questlines.. done master diff.. sure there are still some smaller things left, could do repetitive dark brother hood quests etc.. but overall i feel like i start to lose drive and motivation there.

now it always strikes me reading here on LL and on other sites of ppl going past 50, 70 etc levels..

i usually start a new ´career´ after lv40.. so 

.. what am i missing ? what are you guys DOING after ~lv40..  

cheers

I know what you mean, but personally the only reason why I make alts is because I like to "roleplay" my characters in that they will only learn certain skills and will only undergo certain missions. Some people are satisfied with just one character and getting EVERYTHING done on that one character; I'm the opposite. So, like you, I usually reach 30~40+ in levels with my characters before I start moving onto a new one.

Skyrim community uncapper + high level enemies. I'm usually about level 50 once I finish all of the quests in one of the holds. Games difficult stays static with high level enemies so I can get stronger just not OP ever. Makes rolling a new character fun cause I can level up freely without feeling like I'm too strong to have fun anymore plus Mobs reach there strongest forms around 50 so you get a real challenge if you use combat mods like Duel and ASIS. My game is set up around the adept difficultly since mobs will pretty much one shot me if I'm stupid anyway have to block or set enemies up with magic (I use spell combos) since ASIS give npcs all the deadly perks. So I haven't used master since vanilla (its fake difficult enemies are just as stupid but with more health and can get lucky and one shot you).

It doesn't take much to keep the games challenges alive. With the enemies static at your level you'll be planning each fight out instead of just running in and winning. So quests get done slower and it takes you longer to get to the "all done" point. Plus you actually have to use potions all of them not just healing! O.O

Skyrim community uncapper - Decreases the amount of grinding you need to do to level and uncaps your skills so they can go over 100 so you can just be a swordsman you don't need  to use other skills to level like magic or whatever.

High level enemies - Makes enemies level with you and raises there level caps to 99

Duel - Increases enemies AI along with a shit load of combat tweaks.

ASIS - Gives enemies perks, gives enemies spells from vanilla + mods, increases spawns, increases AI, gives enemies potions that they use in combat. You can pick and choose what you want.

combreadtm some very cool suggestions there. 

most stuff sounds great,

concerned a little about the "high level enemies" mod - need to check here.. still remember with pain how immersion breaking vanilla Oblivion was on that matter.

EVERY Bandit and his mother leveled with you, and at some point even the toll collecting bandit at a bridge was giving you an EPIC battle of the TITANS in full glass armor for the gold pieces he was asking. that was such a poor design in my view, and the first thing i always modded/removed. (dont mind the difficulty, but it really not makes sense for every opponent imho)

- checking out this and the other mods. thanks a ton for the suggestions. 

some of quest and enemy will not happen if you are not lv 35 +

if you just want to hit and finish mainquest , it is over for you .

a lot of people dont know that a lot of sidequests  are more fun and have better  deisgn of  place and enemy than  that MAIN quest  .

such as ...quest that bring a small seed to a monk in whiterun ,  i think it is the top 5 best    beautiful cave-design  .

thanks  all for the great mod-ideas and suggestions.

im not through all yet, but so far i can say especiall Duel and ASIS totally changed the way im playing and the pacing. i guess it will take much longer now to go through quests while still playing in an immersive way.

already endorsed Duel on his page and my comment was already taken over to its main page yesterday ;p - really love it and cant understand how i missed it before.

cheers and thanks all again 

Really the best thing you can do at that point is install and play mods that require high level characters to succeed in. Other than that... you could always do what polluxval suggested! 

I'm a little bit weird, but I used Duel, Warzones, and Skyrim Monster Mod with the additional enemies patch/mod.  So basically, I had SIX times the amount of enemies (Draugr, Bandits, Forsworn, etc.) and I traveled around with 3-4 companions.  So dungeons got a bit crowded (and unrealistic), but it was always a blast chopping through 40 people to retrieve one of those dingy radiant quest swords.  It also makes you feel like a hero because you 2-3 shot the easy guys, but take a little longer on the elite enemies.  It's also fun because you can have three of your companions be your 'shield wall' with a sword/shield combo while you sit in the back as a mage with an archer follower. (The only problem is finding good companions that aren't overpowered.  I had to edit almost every single companion that I downloaded because they did too much damage or had too much health)

I hit level 50 without touching the DB or the Thieves guild.  I didn't get past Kynesgrove on the main questline, I didn't touch Whiterun on the civil war questline.  And I probably only did 2 quests on the Companions/Mages guild.  I did do almost every single side quest however... and probably every dungeon from Riften to Malkarth whether I had a quest in it or not.

Archived