Street of Rage 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2024 at 10:08 AM, littlewolf said:

Yo, so I know this might not be thrilling news to anyone, as I am in deep consideration of wanting to restart Blaze nude mods completely yet again. Quite a while ago, someone asked me if I could not change direction and use the “best” blaze nude mod instead for the jacket-less project. As you know, I was not really willing to change the base nude mod, at the time I was almost finished with Blaze A. Also, the jacket removal process was such a massive undertaking, we literally speaking of editing out a jacket from 199 images as well as an additional 86 ultra images, that’s a shit ton of work as you can well imagine. Luckily I have some personal motivational drive...for the time being.

Anyway, I am considering going this route because well you gotta admit, them animations be smooth like, but…I am not a fan of the original blaze face, so I want to combine this with a new blaze face mod that I found, and combine this with my existing jacket removal mod…with fixes. So, potentially, I want to start a new project going forward.

For some of the jacket removal fixes, I’ve decided to enlist some help by doing a couple of things, the first being YouTube tutorials of how to draw breasts, a necessary skill, since a lot of images of blaze has got her boobs covered, and removing the jacket I really need to get like a basic idea of how and where to draw the curves. Just keep in mind this won’t make me some kind of pro over watching one video, so the arms/breasts might still be janky. I’m hoping though that the smoothness of the nude blaze mod will guide me into doing a better job.

Second, I’ve invested in a Huion H640P pen tablet, again getting a device does not equate to sudden improvement in skill (I still don’t have any skill LOL). I am just hoping, that I didn’t waste my money of course but also hoping that the pen can accomplish what can sometimes be challenging with just the mouse and keyboard alone.

I’m going to do some sample work in the next few weeks as time allows, just to see how it turns out with the best blaze nude mod, plus new face, plus my improved jacket removing mod and I will see and share some images of what is cooking. Based on how the initial results look, I will make my decision on whether I must commit to this new project, or abandon it and continue modding Blaze B instead with what I have currently.

Anyway I’m just putting this out here to spark some deliberation in the thread, what do you guys think of this new direction, is it a good idea, bad idea, please do Blaze B and C instead with what you’ve already got? Ultimately the decision is up to me but I also listen (or not listen *cough*) to feedback/requests.

After much deliberation, as modifications I was working on was not being finished off to the quality that I was satisfied with, I was seriously considering abandoning not just the new project, but the whole modding of Blaze future color palettes entirely.

That being said, I did come to a decision in the end. You can thank my best friend, if it weren't for her feedback on this, I probably would have said, fuck it guys it's the end of the road I'm done doing blaze mods or any mods for that matter.

So I've decided that I am committed. Yes, I will continue the new project, even if it takes longer to finish than usual, I am going to spend the extra time needed to finish it off to the best that I can at my current skill level.

I will put together a concept art post shortly to give you an idea of what I'm thinking of and what I have been up to in the last couple of weekends.

First up to avoid confusion or question around art assets used, this is the art assets that will be used in combination for the new project I will be working on. The relevant two mod artists will show up in the credits. I chose this specific image of Blaze because 90% of her breasts are covered by the jacket. There are quite a few of these images where her boobs are almost fully covered. I am showcasing this because these frames of Blaze will test my skills the most and thereby probably not be the best quality, since I am practically guessing where Blaze's boobs will be at this point. I will also take the time to do some fixes like in below comparison of jacket remove mod on left (current mod on nexus) to the newer improved remove jacket mod on the right:

used_assets.png.44b5eefd3fc51b786adfb17ca967693d.png
Here is some concept art on what variations of Blaze I want to finish, the goal for 2024...or the dream I hope to achieve:

ProjectB!!!.thumb.png.73433dbf4eff1e246e194910ba5c150e.png

And finally, coming completely left field as a special request from a best friend, who saved me from the brink of quitting I might add. It's quite a story behind it but long story short, she asked me why is there no red-head as part of this project? I agreed with her assessment, this decision to add a brand new color palette is actually what pushed me over the fence, there will now be a new color palette. To credit her for the idea and inspired concept, I'm going to call it Blaze T:

Project-ohB-T!!!v2.png.0c8508e3ca49b317f672e4b76db67a8f.png

Edited by littlewolf

Dude littlewolf... It looks amazing man! I love the redhead look too. Great stuff. I've been waiting for you to come out with nude Blaze B and C but now you got an additional model which is excellent.

I actually am the guy who was asking about your work in progress concerning nude Blaze B on your patreon.  I was also asking about what program you were using to edit the sprites and how you were doing it, which you told me you were using GIMP. So I downloaded the program a few days ago and started working on a mod project myself. It is nude Ms. Y V2. So far I only got a few images done but here is a preview of it. I am also looking to make a nude version for V3 but first I want to see how this goes. Took a bit of learning the program and being able to export the images to work for replacing old sprites. After some trial an error I was finally able to edit images that could be imported into the game with SoR4Explorer. Hope you guys like it. Only 87 more images to go... I can only work on it when I have the time and also my mouse just took a crap on me so gotta get a new one before I can get back to working on this project. 

msy-0120.pngmsy-0181.pngmsy-0216.png

Edited by SLaveXER0

It's been a long time since I was last here. It's great that this topic is still active and people continue to create mods for this game. It's all the more gratifying to see that some of these mods use fragments of my work that I created at the very beginning.

Spoiler

SoR_Blaze_sample001a.gif.1360f379c569bfcb3d789760cf551cf0.gif SoR_Blaze_sample005.gif.29460e0169ab9f02e7e032e4b5d8d950.gif

At one time, I was making a mod for Blaze and even completed all the basic movements, but stopped when I encountered some technical limitations.

Spoiler

SoR_Blaze_sample003a.gif.f816f6f3971cc135199b4caa34e87ddd.gif SoR_Blaze_sample004.gif.ff887ae949d185c97d11b6c2dae87f01.gif

Each animation frame has a width and height size set by the original. And if you upload a larger image to the place of the frame, the game will simply squeeze it to its original values. In the process of redrawing sprites, I came across just such a situation when I did not have enough space to do everything my own way.

Spoiler

SoR_Blaze_sample009z.png.66530764f644ecf5244f9d034abc14a7.png

Here is a good example. Green indicates the default sprite size, and pink indicates how much I will need to widen it horizontally.

If modders had the opportunity not only to replace the source files, but also to edit the game parameters responsible for frame sizes, this would solve many possible problems. It would be interesting for me to get back to work on the mod, but only if I don't have to compromise in favor of the original sizes.

The problem with most mods for me is that they try to change only a part of the sprite by simply drawing nude areas of the body. It seems to me that in order to make a really worthwhile mod, Blaze must be completely naked, without a jacket, gloves and boots. Then, besides the fact that the Blaze will be naked, it will give other users the opportunity to draw their own unique outfits based on this. Also, if she was optionally bald, then it will be possible to add custom hairstyles for her. Of course, this approach will require much more work and time, because each sprite will have to be drawn almost from scratch and there will be little left of the original, but the result will be worth it.

Out of interest, I sketched out a couple of options for what it might look like.

SoR_Blaze_sample009c.png.efd57158638e587fde6eca40ce15700e.png SoR_Blaze_sample009t.png.e8ccaa4c78e514b199b87d2f7beb4d9a.png

3 hours ago, GoldenGhoul said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Hide contents

Out of interest, I sketched out a couple of options for what it might look like.

SoR_Blaze_sample009c.png.efd57158638e587fde6eca40ce15700e.png SoR_Blaze_sample009t.png.e8ccaa4c78e514b199b87d2f7beb4d9a.png

*Barefooted almost detected*sic*!!

Will someone finally makes my dream come true ?!

I hope so. Close of, not yet but close.

4 hours ago, GoldenGhoul said:

It's been a long time since I was last here. It's great that this topic is still active and people continue to create mods for this game. It's all the more gratifying to see that some of these mods use fragments of my work that I created at the very beginning.

Hide contents

SoR_Blaze_sample001a.gif.1360f379c569bfcb3d789760cf551cf0.gif SoR_Blaze_sample005.gif.29460e0169ab9f02e7e032e4b5d8d950.gif

At one time, I was making a mod for Blaze and even completed all the basic movements, but stopped when I encountered some technical limitations.

Hide contents

SoR_Blaze_sample003a.gif.f816f6f3971cc135199b4caa34e87ddd.gif SoR_Blaze_sample004.gif.ff887ae949d185c97d11b6c2dae87f01.gif

Each animation frame has a width and height size set by the original. And if you upload a larger image to the place of the frame, the game will simply squeeze it to its original values. In the process of redrawing sprites, I came across just such a situation when I did not have enough space to do everything my own way.

Hide contents

SoR_Blaze_sample009z.png.66530764f644ecf5244f9d034abc14a7.png

Here is a good example. Green indicates the default sprite size, and pink indicates how much I will need to widen it horizontally.

If modders had the opportunity not only to replace the source files, but also to edit the game parameters responsible for frame sizes, this would solve many possible problems. It would be interesting for me to get back to work on the mod, but only if I don't have to compromise in favor of the original sizes.

The problem with most mods for me is that they try to change only a part of the sprite by simply drawing nude areas of the body. It seems to me that in order to make a really worthwhile mod, Blaze must be completely naked, without a jacket, gloves and boots. Then, besides the fact that the Blaze will be naked, it will give other users the opportunity to draw their own unique outfits based on this. Also, if she was optionally bald, then it will be possible to add custom hairstyles for her. Of course, this approach will require much more work and time, because each sprite will have to be drawn almost from scratch and there will be little left of the original, but the result will be worth it.

Holy crap, those mock-ups look great. I actually prefer the nude jacket Blaze, but after reading your reasoning I can understand why you feel like full nude should be a priority. 

On 2/6/2024 at 2:53 AM, GoldenGhoul said:

Have you checked out some of the HD mods on gamebanana or even nexus mods? For example the Blaze Tifa mod was done entirely in a higher resolution. I have no idea how they get this right, but it looks like somebody figured out how to work within the game parameters frame sizes.

Edited by littlewolf
On 1/19/2024 at 4:08 PM, littlewolf said:

Yo, so I know this might not be thrilling news to anyone, as I am in deep consideration of wanting to restart Blaze nude mods completely yet again. Quite a while ago, someone asked me if I could not change direction and use the “best” blaze nude mod instead for the jacket-less project. As you know, I was not really willing to change the base nude mod, at the time I was almost finished with Blaze A. Also, the jacket removal process was such a massive undertaking, we literally speaking of editing out a jacket from 199 images as well as an additional 86 ultra images, that’s a shit ton of work as you can well imagine. Luckily I have some personal motivational drive...for the time being.

Anyway, I am considering going this route because well you gotta admit, them animations be smooth like, but…I am not a fan of the original blaze face, so I want to combine this with a new blaze face mod that I found, and combine this with my existing jacket removal mod…with fixes. So, potentially, I want to start a new project going forward.

For some of the jacket removal fixes, I’ve decided to enlist some help by doing a couple of things, the first being YouTube tutorials of how to draw breasts, a necessary skill, since a lot of images of blaze has got her boobs covered, and removing the jacket I really need to get like a basic idea of how and where to draw the curves. Just keep in mind this won’t make me some kind of pro over watching one video, so the arms/breasts might still be janky. I’m hoping though that the smoothness of the nude blaze mod will guide me into doing a better job.

Second, I’ve invested in a Huion H640P pen tablet, again getting a device does not equate to sudden improvement in skill (I still don’t have any skill LOL). I am just hoping, that I didn’t waste my money of course but also hoping that the pen can accomplish what can sometimes be challenging with just the mouse and keyboard alone.

I’m going to do some sample work in the next few weeks as time allows, just to see how it turns out with the best blaze nude mod, plus new face, plus my improved jacket removing mod and I will see and share some images of what is cooking. Based on how the initial results look, I will make my decision on whether I must commit to this new project, or abandon it and continue modding Blaze B instead with what I have currently.

Anyway I’m just putting this out here to spark some deliberation in the thread, what do you guys think of this new direction, is it a good idea, bad idea, please do Blaze B and C instead with what you’ve already got? Ultimately the decision is up to me but I also listen (or not listen *cough*) to feedback/requests.

Thank you for your work. Can I request the addition of a Nipple piercing version?

On 2/6/2024 at 2:53 AM, GoldenGhoul said:

Also the other problem I noticed, is that there may be another limitation on redrawing certain parts of Blaze: the positioning of her gloves and boots. If you don't draw for example, her bare feet to the bottom point at which her boots used to be, you get this Blaze floating around on her feet instead of her stable fighting stance of her feet firmly planted on the ground. If you try to draw bare hands it is not in the same place as where the gloves are currently positioned, you run the risk of Blaze picking up a weapon that floats in the air instead of being gripped in her hands.

On 2/10/2024 at 9:07 AM, parapara said:

Thank you for your work. Can I request the addition of a Nipple piercing version?

Not sure how to do this without messing it up, perhaps someone who has some skill in drawing would be willing to pick this up?

Alternatively, if someone who can draw a couple of templates of a piercing for me, one facing straight down and one facing at say a 45 degree angle, I could use that is a copy paste template. What I can do is use Gimps flip horizontally and flip vertically functions to get the piercing in the right position depending on whatever Blaze is doing.

Edited by littlewolf
On 2/11/2024 at 3:03 PM, littlewolf said:

Not sure how to do this without messing it up, perhaps someone who has some skill in drawing would be willing to pick this up?

Alternatively, if someone who can draw a couple of templates of a piercing for me, one facing straight down and one facing at say a 45 degree angle, I could use that is a copy paste template. What I can do is use Gimps flip horizontally and flip vertically functions to get the piercing in the right position depending on whatever Blaze is doing.

Indeed, perhaps doing this is not so easy

test2.png

test.png

20 hours ago, parapara said:

Indeed, perhaps doing this is not so easy

Yeah this is not easy indeed, however you did give me an idea, so I found some images of piercings I could try to adapt, but not sure of it is possible for me to carry this out:

blaze_0000.png.20b278e2699fa344467809f59b012df0.png

I will take a look into doing some samples and see what the effects are, but no promises here, I have no clue how to draw nipple piercings at different angles, that is way beyond what I am capable of doing. At most I can just copy paste what I got and see how it looks.

6 hours ago, littlewolf said:

Yeah this is not easy indeed, however you did give me an idea, so I found some images of piercings I could try to adapt, but not sure of it is possible for me to carry this out:

blaze_0000.png.20b278e2699fa344467809f59b012df0.png

I will take a look into doing some samples and see what the effects are, but no promises here, I have no clue how to draw nipple piercings at different angles, that is way beyond what I am capable of doing. At most I can just copy paste what I got and see how it looks.

second attempt

blaze_0002.png.795c8aee21e1bb687bc5e7e61d6b50cf.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2023 at 6:38 AM, littlewolf said:

This here is a test version I worked on several months...maybe a year ago, never tested this since it wasn't exactly my cup of tea but you're welcome to it:

sprsor4blaze - Futa version test.zip 14.1 MB · 72 downloads

Anyway that aside I don't want to jinx myself (maybe I just did by posting this), but I am chipping away at my next release, Blaze B mod:

image.png.586c2905b277112046ac0d17b2faa261.png

I've done the boots and gloves replacement for all frames but still have 107 frames to work through where I need to work on the hair color and add additional hair where the jacket used to be etc. I will simply continue cooking with what limited time I have before the December holiday period is over.

Thank you for this! I'm still trying to test out gimp and see if I can get in the game. I see the Futa enthusiast and I'm one myself. This is a great start thank you. I'm going to see if I can try one for Estel as well :)

On 2/6/2024 at 4:07 PM, littlewolf said:

gamebanana 또는 nexus 모드에서 HD 모드 중 일부를 확인해 보셨나요? 예를 들어 Blaze Tifa 모드는 전체적으로 더 높은 해상도로 제작되었습니다. 나는 그들이 이것을 어떻게 올바르게 수행하는지 전혀 모르지만 누군가가 게임 매개변수 프레임 크기 내에서 작업하는 방법을 알아낸 것 같습니다.

It would be nice to find a way to change the resolution of the character's frame, but I think the Nexus Blaze Tifa mode was made at high resolution to improve the quality of the character.
When compared in the actual game, the quality of the high-resolution Blaze Tifa mode is better than the existing Blaze.

If you enlarge the existing Blaze image to the same size as Tifa, you can see that the image ratio is the same.
In other words, it doesn't seem like they've figured out how to change the image size within the game.

Edited by fnehfvm