Help my modded Skyrim (newest version) is running at like 20fps with huge frame dips i understand that modded skyrim is unoptimized and demanding but i would like to reach a stable 30fps atleast. My gpu is being used about 50% and my cpu around 60% and my vram isn't maxing out either so i dont understand why it is running so poorly...

Here is a video with fps, cpu+gpu usage, vram+ram usage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUHwTiXJcvY&feature=youtu.be

Some mods and settings i have:

SSEengine fixes, TAA, ugrids=5, large refgridsize=13, imingrasssize=60, bethINI ultra with no vsync, 4k-2k textures, 2k shadows, custom optimized enb + amd cas reshade, rustic weathers, unbelivable grass 2 redux, smim, high poly project, hdt physics, unpb, skysight, fair skin, 3d trees, rw2, sselodgen, etc. (edit: i forgot i use skse 2017, mo2, loot to fix the load order + some manually, i use project optimization, tkdodge, elfx+ele, lanterns of skyrim 2, papyrus, uiextensions,skyui, animation mods + fnis. Game is located in g: drive (G:\SteamLibraryG\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition) and a lot of free space.

(I can post modlist if needed!)

PC specs:

1080p/1920x1080 144hz monitor

I have an rtx 2060 super overclocked at 133% powerlimit, +70mhz core, +700mhz memory and an i7-4770k constantly running at 5ghz (i know it's old) with 16gb 2000mhz ram the game is being played on a samsung evo ssd.

(Driver: 445.87 + newest enb binary, ultra performance windows + maximum performance in nvidia settings)

My main suspicion is the old cpu is bottlenecking my gpu but if you know some performance tweaks for skyrim se or what the problem is please comment.

Can be a number of things, incompatible skeletons on some followers, your power settings not allowing 100% GPU usage, your papyrus clogging your game so fast your CPU doesn't even understand that he has to push. I'd start :

1- bashed patch ; had fps problems when my leveled lists were out of order and all my mods conflicting somehow

2- papyrus ; enable logging and check the mod spamming the most, this one has to go if you want better fps

3 - check power settings ; sometimes when you use too many dlls for a game your PC doesn't even understand it's a game anymore and may not change GPU settings ; push "100% maximum output" or something in power manager

4 - enb ; reshade + enb may be conflicting somehow, adding layers of shaders. Try using just one enb without reshade, or the opposite, and see if it's better.

5 - Lods ; if you have some 4k texture mods and didn't select lower resolutions in your Lod generator, exteriors are gonna be a bitch for your gameplay. Try loading the game without the generated lod mod, and see if it's better.

6 - skyrimprefs ; you can check if you have more than one AA activated between your driver, enb, and skyrim. This one eats fps like bread, especially if you use SMAA (which apparently was implemented recently in some ENB presets). Double, triple check that you have AA disabled from your graphic card, and no form of AA from your ENB. Also try forcing VSync from your graphic card instead of the skyrimprefs. Last thing, you can try disabling bvolumetriclighting, bSAO_enable, b_Lens (names from memory), they buggy as fuck on some enbs. 

Tell me if and when you've done all that !

8 hours ago, Redflyingmonkey said:

Can be a number of things, incompatible skeletons on some followers, your power settings not allowing 100% GPU usage, your papyrus clogging your game so fast your CPU doesn't even understand that he has to push. I'd start :

1- bashed patch ; had fps problems when my leveled lists were out of order and all my mods conflicting somehow

2- papyrus ; enable logging and check the mod spamming the most, this one has to go if you want better fps

3 - check power settings ; sometimes when you use too many dlls for a game your PC doesn't even understand it's a game anymore and may not change GPU settings ; push "100% maximum output" or something in power manager

4 - enb ; reshade + enb may be conflicting somehow, adding layers of shaders. Try using just one enb without reshade, or the opposite, and see if it's better.

5 - Lods ; if you have some 4k texture mods and didn't select lower resolutions in your Lod generator, exteriors are gonna be a bitch for your gameplay. Try loading the game without the generated lod mod, and see if it's better.

6 - skyrimprefs ; you can check if you have more than one AA activated between your driver, enb, and skyrim. This one eats fps like bread, especially if you use SMAA (which apparently was implemented recently in some ENB presets). Double, triple check that you have AA disabled from your graphic card, and no form of AA from your ENB. Also try forcing VSync from your graphic card instead of the skyrimprefs. Last thing, you can try disabling bvolumetriclighting, bSAO_enable, b_Lens (names from memory), they buggy as fuck on some enbs. 

Tell me if and when you've done all that !

Thank you! i have tried papyrus logging and fixed the errors some mods were throwing and removed the ones spamming this improved fps alot. My windows power setting was already max. I tried to disable enb + reshade and check if they conflicted but they only gave me like -8 fps both together on my reshade is only amd cas which is a sharpening filter so it only gives like -0.1fps anyway. I reinstalled the lods at 1k instead and compressed them with dxt1a that didn't really fix performance but saved some vram. I tried different anti aliasing i only had taa enabled no other ones but i tried smaa with taa disabled from enb settings aswell. It didn't fix it but looked sharper but more pixelated. I did your ini tweaks and looked at someones list with outdated mods and removed script intensive mods like skybirds, pc head tracking, hdt armor etc, and updated like every mod i had to their newest version and installed all dependencies. I also repatched dual sheath redux idk if that helped but my fps is now a good 60fps capped most of the time at around 80% gpu usage sometimes dropping to 37 in really intensive areas like riverwood but never below. I also cleaned my save game with Fallrimtools and removed around 4000 unattached scripts and a lot of unattached "instances". Im gonna try forcing nvidia vsync aswell because i am getting some screen tearing but thank you so much it is alot more playable now! i didn't try bashed patch but it plays good now so im gonna skip it.

13 hours ago, RomeoZero said:

Have you tried it without ENB and without SMP ? SMP is gonna kill your fps.

Offtop
Also if you have Uiextension and Additem menu, can you share it ? From nexusmods they are not working in my game and authors are silent in comment section.

Yeah disabling hdt smp armor+hair gave a lot of fps around 10fps thank you i sent you the files in a message because i dont know if i can publicly upload them here

4 minutes ago, vryfng said:

Thank you! i have tried papyrus logging and fixed the errors some mods were throwing and removed the ones spamming this improved fps alot. My windows power setting was already max. I tried to disable enb + reshade and check if they conflicted but they only gave me like -8 fps both together on my reshade is only amd cas which is a sharpening filter so it only gives like -0.1fps anyway. I reinstalled the lods at 1k instead and compressed them with dxt1a that didn't really fix performance but saved some vram. I tried different anti aliasing i only had taa enabled no other ones but i tried smaa with taa disabled from enb settings aswell. It didn't fix it but looked sharper but more pixelated. I did your ini tweaks and looked at someones list with outdated mods and removed script intensive mods like skybirds, pc head tracking, hdt armor etc, and updated like every mod i had to their newest version and installed all dependencies. I also repatched dual sheath redux idk if that helped but my fps is now a good 60fps capped most of the time at around 80% gpu usage sometimes dropping to 37 in really intensive areas like riverwood but never below. I also cleaned my save game with Fallrimtools and removed around 4000 unattached scripts and a lot of unattached "instances". Im gonna try forcing nvidia vsync aswell because i am getting some screen tearing but thank you so much it is alot more playable now! i didn't try bashed patch but it plays good now so im gonna skip it.

Good to hear dude. But you should really do a bashed patch if you removed 4000 unattached scripts and instances, it means you still have some heavy script mods and I'm pretty sure a lot of them must be going crazy on your leveled lists and whatnot. Your save is going to die at some point, better push the expiration date a bit with a patch before it's too late !

2 hours ago, Redflyingmonkey said:

Good to hear dude. But you should really do a bashed patch if you removed 4000 unattached scripts and instances, it means you still have some heavy script mods and I'm pretty sure a lot of them must be going crazy on your leveled lists and whatnot. Your save is going to die at some point, better push the expiration date a bit with a patch before it's too late !

Alright i did one i only bash patched the armor, item and loot changing mods. That's all i need to fix the leveled lists right?

1 hour ago, vryfng said:

Alright i did one i only bash patched the armor, item and loot changing mods. That's all i need to fix the leveled lists right?

Well it won't like "fix them", but if you have an item overriding another, which may be linked to some script in some mod, yeah that should be better on the long run. Have fun man

Archived