Custom follower questions

Altapo

This is my first thread on this site, please let me know if I did something wrong.

Hi! I'm very new to modding, still practicing the tutorials for the CK, so my skill with modding is almost null. However, I would like to create a follower mod. I'm currently watching videos on how to do it. Now, there are 2 reasons why I created this topic:

- I wanted to say hi to everyone, I'm excited to finally start the modding chapter of my life after a long time of just playing them. I know I'll probably curse myself over the next few months for this but it's all part of the fun.

- I wanted to talk about the mod. I want to create a standalone female custom follower with custom options and who would have her own non-intrusive questline that hopefully will be compatible with almost anything. I want to start simple and expand upon it as I gain more knowledge in the modding art. However, she will not be voiced. At least not at first. I have no voice acting talent nor do I know anyone who does. Would anyone be interested in playing a mod like this? (Any questions, suggestions or ideas are welcome).

P.S. I have started working on her appearance, it is currently a WIP but let me know what you think please!

ScreenShot102.png

Let's start by saying: nice initiative . 

Here are some corrections just to see how it changes:

1) A little darker complexion

2) Lips on carmine red

3) Hairstyle: Dint999> HairCoolsims89 ( Required requirement: KS Hairdos and SG Hairdos ) See attached screen

4) Darkening the skin, I would put ice-colored eyes

5) If you opt for the hairstyle, you may need to cut your ears a bit

Spoiler

213348073_Mephala(hairstyle).jpg.bdd3623b493cc0036095a11ba3962530.jpg

3 hours ago, Altapo said:

I wanted to talk about the mod. I want to create a standalone female custom follower with custom options and who would have her own non-intrusive questline that hopefully will be compatible with almost anything. I want to start simple and expand upon it as I gain more knowledge in the modding art. However, she will not be voiced. At least not at first. I have no voice acting talent nor do I know anyone who does. Would anyone be interested in playing a mod like this? (Any questions, suggestions or ideas are welcome).

P.S. I have started working on her appearance, it is currently a WIP but let me know what you think please!

As already stated nice initiative. I do love the idea of a simple questline as it helps to flesh out a character with a little backstory. Yes by all means start small and update as your skills improve never bite off more than you can chew. As for the voice acting who better to voice your creation than you, you know her best just take your time and try to feel natural. There is nothing worse than hearing a characters voice that actually sounds like the dialog is being read.

My big question is what you mean by "custom options"? Are you by chance referring to various skills and perks or do you intend to create custom armor and weapons? Perhaps you intend to make her available in one of the body forms like CBBE or UUNP.

As for her appearance I have to agree that slightly darker complexion would be nice and while the ears aren't my favorite she is your character so go for it.

Thank you both for taking the time to read my post and for the suggestions!

My big question is what you mean by "custom options"? Are you by chance referring to various skills and perks or do you intend to create custom armor and weapons? Perhaps you intend to make her available in one of the body forms like CBBE or UUNP.

It's probably easiest if I answer with an example. You know how all vanilla followers (except a few unique ones) have the same dialogue options? No option to relax with the player at an inn or just talk about different subjects?

I've been a big fan of the way the Inigo and Vilja mods handle this, it makes them feel like real companions rather than a copy-paste of a different follower. It's the general idea I'd like to go for as well. Of course, it would not be even close to the level of conversation they have, but I want to at least try to give a more "alive" feeling to this character.

As for custom spells and armor, I am thinking of making a patch in the future that gives her a few spells from Apocalypse, since that mod is great. However it will have that mod as a requirement.

Meanwhile for armor, I didn't think of anything yet. Maybe in the future? I'm not sure.

As for bodies I am currently working with CBBE and will need to figure out how to make UNP an option as well, but I'd like to leave that for after the foundation of the mod has been built. I'd like to be able to have the character use the player's body shape, but I'm not sure of how to do that at this moment.

Meanwhile I have polished her design a bit and am currently happy with how she looks, in the future I might change it further but right now I'd like to focus on the other parts of the mod.

Edit: Had to share a picture of the new design, I like sharing this stuff.

ScreenShot103.png

Archived