[Wip] Official Tnt Custom Race Thread - Or, What The Femboy Idea Turned Into

yeah they do its simply a process that can be automated at export so if you want the model to maintain straight lines along the verts ill have to go through and convert it back to quads which will be slow because I don't know of a way to automate that

In Blender it's as simple as going into edit mode then opening the mesh menu-->faces-->tris to quads.

yeah they do its simply a process that can be automated at export so if you want the model to maintain straight lines along the verts ill have to go through and convert it back to quads which will be slow because I don't know of a way to automate that

In Blender it's as simple as going into edit mode then opening the mesh menu-->faces-->tris to quads.

Can't that cause issues ? When I tried "Quadrify" in 3ds max as example it gave me issues :\

Can't that cause issues ? When I tried "Quadrify" in 3ds max as example it gave me issues :\

Tried it on a body mesh and it seemed pretty straightforward, I even converted it back to tris.

Heyo everyone !

Just a quick post to notify everyone that I'll be leaving for vacations today (27th of December) and I'll return home on the 11th of January. In that timespan I won't be able to work on the mod and that I'll (obviously) resume doing so once I'm back ;) .

I'll still log in here though.

So Merry (late) Christmas and (early) Happy New Year !

Heyo everyone !

Just a quick post to notify everyone that I'll be leaving for vacations today (27th of December) and I'll return home on the 11th of January. In that timespan I won't be able to work on the mod and that I'll (obviously) resume doing so once I'm back ;) .

Enjoy your vacations.

Heyo everyone !

Enjoy your vacations.

have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Tried it on a body mesh and it seemed pretty straightforward, I even converted it back to tris.

can I get a copy of it converted to quads so I can work on it?

Sadly fbx support in Blender is terrible, so I managed to export the modified mesh but the scale is off (either too small or insanely big). Clearing the scale should solve this issue.

Sadly fbx support in Blender is terrible, so I managed to export the modified mesh but the scale is off (either too small or insanely big). Clearing the scale should solve this issue.

Hot damn you're a lifesaver Jarka :D It subdivides just fine in Mudbox but well as you pointed out it's insanely big ^^

That'll be enough though to resume working on it once the scale issue is resolved :)

It also means that I'll finally be able to get proper normal maps and such which were one of the last things I needed to do.

Textures wise although I can make them in Photoshop I'm tempted to go with Substance Designer if the need arises and I've already started to look at tutorials and the like to get my feet wet with the overall aspect of the software.

ATM I'm a bit busy (everyone here has gotten ill due to the virus spree around here so I have to help around a lot more than usual) but I'll try to find some room to work on the mod too :)

Hot damn you're a lifesaver Jarka :D It subdivides just fine in Mudbox but well as you pointed out it's insanely big ^^

That'll be enough though to resume working on it once the scale issue is resolved :)

It also means that I'll finally be able to get proper normal maps and such which were one of the last things I needed to do.

Textures wise although I can make them in Photoshop I'm tempted to go with Substance Designer if the need arises and I've already started to look at tutorials and the like to get my feet wet with the overall aspect of the software.

ATM I'm a bit busy (everyone here has gotten ill due to the virus spree around here so I have to help around a lot more than usual) but I'll try to find some room to work on the mod too :)

I hope you consider putting out a stupidly high poly version just for screenarchers like myself. I mean, if it's possible.

I hope you consider putting out a stupidly high poly version just for screenarchers like myself. I mean, if it's possible.

For screenshots what mostly matters is the size of the texture maps. For instance if you look at either UNP or CBBE, there is essentially just one set of meshes but a plethora of textures available for it, ranging from 1k all the way to 4k . In my case I guess I'll make optional higher res textures (probebly uncompressed 4k) just for screenshotting.

About the mod making progress I'e gotten Substance Painter 2 to make the textures. Why not Substance Designer ? Well that one is more for making hard surface objets (weapons, clutter, misc items) whereas Substance Painter is more about painting living beings and thus offers different options. The software itself isn't very complicated so I'm sure I'll manage to get the hang of it fairly quickly.

So quick update on my end.

I'm a wee bit ill at the moment (caught a cold sadly) and I'm still in the process of finding a job.
Nevertheless I managed to fork around with 3ds max to get the modding process going.

For the "slim" mesh that Jarka quad'd for me I've fixed the few faces left that were still tri. This makes the mesh now perfect to work with in 3ds max. Since that one is pretty much complete I'm now gonna give it another polishing pass to improve it further (as like I said I want to release it with a quality that is as high as possible). I've also started to pull my hair out on trying to figure out how to get a nice and good looking normal map (ideally as good looking as Caliente's) (as yes the normal maps are giving me trouble and driving me crazy, lol). So fear not SoulMystique, you'll have a screenshot-worthy femboy to play with once it's released ^^.

Additionally I've started to do some prep work on the "fat" mesh. First thing I've done on the base mesh who's straight out of BodySLide is quadrifying it entirely and this time around the process went without a hitch (I've imported it in Mudbox to see how it behaves and saw no issue whatsoever). I suspect that the issues with the quadrification I had with the other one could be linked to the fact that I had already heavily modified the mesh with Mudbox, and that led to issues in the quadrification process.

I've also started to tinker around with Substance Painter 2 to see how the software handles and you'll be happy to hear that unlike Zbrush it's easy to get to work with and is very handy. Also for those who wanted higher-res textures, the version I got allows me to release textures with a 4k resolution (a newer version goes as high as 8k but I see no point in going that high to be honest).

So all in all the only things that I need to figure out ATM are all about the normal map baking. Another thing I'll have to figure out later on though is whether it matters for OutfitStudio if the mesh is in quads or tris. Given the issues that simple difference gave me with Mudbox I wanna know if I have to do some preparations to get it working with BodySlide without causing issues. Once I'll have cleared that out of the way I'll be able to start working on preparing the mesh for BodySlide so that I can make conversions of the game's outfits for the femboy body (I mean what's the point of having a custom race if there are no armors that work with it ?).

As for the race creation process, well I've already done it several times as I had to do it to give you the ingame screenshots after all (duh) and that process is well documented and all.

So the TL;DR is : the mod is progressing and normal maps are a pain in the ass to work with.

• 1 month later...

Any progress :o

Not a whole lot I'm afraid.

I've tried to start working on the normal maps but the mesh Jarka kindly converted to quads for me had a few issues there. So I decided to try to do the work myself this time and thanks to a tutorial I managed to figure out why the tri>quad conversion wasn't working normally for me: basically what I was doing was just select the whole mesh and then use Quadrify to quad everything. Instead I had to go in edit mode, select everything that is tri and then apply the Quadrify process. Right now after quadrifying it I'm now in the process of trying to subdividing it but I've bumped into a hiccup yet again as one of the faces has one edge who is actually two edges next to each other. I've been trying to figure out how to merge them but so far all the tutorials I found explain how to do that when the edges are facing each other but not when they're side-to-side with each other.

That's all the progress I have sadly as like I said I was busy with my theoretical exams for my driving license (and I actually took the test and succeeded just today) and finding a job. I'll try however to keep on working on the mod as I know that I'm battling with the most tedious and complicated parts ATM whereas the texturing job should be a piece of cake in comparison.

Glad to see this is moving again =)

https://gfycat.com/FearfulUnhealthyFennecfox

https://gfycat.com/KeyMelodicHorse

https://flic.kr/s/aHskVQuuN2

going to try out for new mesh seems to be a cbbe based body as far as textures 

But it looks great

Last 2 pic are your body cbbe texture unp gear 

Well damn it looks good :D That said it does confirm that what it really needs is a proper normal map. The CBBE (or UNP for that matter) one doesn't really fit it properly with the changes I made to the mesh ^^

But it looks great

How'd you use it :o I need to knooooooooow!

He/She probably did what I did to show it off a long while back: make a custom playable race in the CK that uses my mesh instead of the default mesh ^^

But it looks great

How'd you use it :o I need to knooooooooow!

He/She probably did what I did to show it off a long while back: make a custom playable race in the CK that uses my mesh instead of the default mesh ^^

yea  i just have a added race to the custom race mod

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8720/?

That i use for trial meshes

then i took your mesh loaded it up in bodyslide outfit studio copied the weight making sure to not get pussy bones or breast  but somehow i still have breast jiggle (wtf) matched the _1 and _0 to the same weight. But the but wiggle is nice. I also had to align it to unp body as my game runs that. its close  little seems on the back neck and one wrist. But that's my sloppy work. and used cbbe textures . I use the All-in-One HDT Animated Pussy 3.3 - mod as a texture source. iirc its the fair skin flat dm and a light shine slight muscle map brushed out the vajjay. then i use a system to add sos right to the body mesh. still have to swap the head textures got the mishmash thing going on

post-228667-0-51877500-1489359941_thumb.jpg

post-228667-0-42029900-1489359949_thumb.jpg

post-228667-0-55278400-1489359960_thumb.jpg