[1.5 Soon!] RJW Animation Framework

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello! I downloaded version 1.5 with anomaly and it works very well. The only problem I found was that I couldn't add new animations from other animation creators. That worries me because I don't know if it's me or a general issue (I think the others didn't upload a version 1.5). Sorry for my English, I'm Spanish
3 hours ago, Galgeneitor said:
Hello! I downloaded version 1.5 with anomaly and it works very well. The only problem I found was that I couldn't add new animations from other animation creators. That worries me because I don't know if it's me or a general issue (I think the others didn't upload a version 1.5). Sorry for my English, I'm Spanish

Make sure you install animations for the 1.5 version of RJW Animations. Older animations made for 1.4 will be incompatible with the newer version.

Google Translate:

Asegúrese de instalar animaciones para la versión 1.5 de RJW Animations. Las animaciones más antiguas realizadas para la versión 1.4 serán incompatibles con la versión más reciente.

• c0ffeeeee changed the title to [1.5 Soon!] RJW Animation Framework
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, McflurryButtz said:

As someone who isn't as inclined to know, how much easier/harder is it to work with this update compared to previous updates?

For animations specifically, it made it a lot easier. Before there was one function for rendering a colonist that had a million mods trying to patch it all colliding with each other, now there's a whole render node system with inheritance for all the body parts which makes it a lot easier to do stuff like move hair or alien race addons, or add props like you can see in the new anims. It took a lot of work though, basically 95% of the entire mod had to be rewritten for the 1.5 anim system. I'd call it an overhaul or a 2.0 version of RJW Anims.

Edited by c0ffeeeee

Hi all,

I downloaded the latest rjw 1.5 and also the 1.5 animation framework from gitgud, but can someone help me where to find any of the testing animations for the 1.5 version of RJW Animation ?
I try to do anything in devmod in Rimworld but nothing happens (also wild mode enabled just in case).

Posted (edited)

question: 

i wonder if the problem lies in this mod, or its conflicting with another one, but every time i try to engage in intercourse, the pawns dont show any sign of the animation framework working. They just kinda stay in one place for a few seconds, fully clothed, looking at each other (but having sex via bluetooth, it seems).

i wonder: are there any incompatible files that i would not guess affect the mod?

Edited by CrimsonAsh
wanted to add more info.
Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2024 at 11:08 PM, c0ffeeeee said:

WIP dog animation, will be released probably tomorrow

dogtest1.gif

Something I kind of noticed is that Knotting doesn't apply in raping situation with manhunters. I thought the game was bugged, but when it's consensual or slaves, it seems to work fine.

Also, how do I use the blacklist? I saw it in the files, but don't understand it. Some animals are using human animations.

Edited by McflurryButtz
Clarifying
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hey there,

I'm trying to make this work with the latest version of SAR bodies and not RimNudeWorld. Unfortunately I only get a few animations to play instead of a whole arsenal (as advertised by the sub mods that require this framework.. such as Ultimate, Hawks, etc.)

For example: Instead of a 69 (which previously worked fine when I was on 1.4) I get fingering or muff diving.

For now I disabled Xtra2 and hawkstuff to see if it fixes the missing animations. I'm guessing there are supposed to be unique animations for rimming and fisting too, instead I get the old fashioned muffdive.

Do I need to install the Patch_NoRimNudeWorld? If so, where does it go?

There's also a patch for FacialAnimations where does that go if needed?

Edited by Grojcig
36 minutes ago, Grojcig said:

Hey there,

I'm trying to make this work with the latest version of SAR bodies and not RimNudeWorld. Unfortunately I only get a few animations to play instead of a whole arsenal (as advertised by the sub mods that require this framework.. such as Ultimate, Hawks, etc.)

For example: Instead of a 69 (which previously worked fine when I was on 1.4) I get fingering or muff diving.

For now I disabled Xtra2 and hawkstuff to see if it fixes the missing animations. I'm guessing there are supposed to be unique animations for rimming and fisting too, instead I get the old fashioned muffdive.

Do I need to install the Patch_NoRimNudeWorld? If so, where does it go?

There's also a patch for FacialAnimations where does that go if needed?

The body graphics you choose shouldn't have an impact on the animations that play. It's just that some animations, like rimming and fisting don't have a specific animation for them yet, so it just plays random.

22 minutes ago, c0ffeeeee said:

The body graphics you choose shouldn't have an impact on the animations that play. It's just that some animations, like rimming and fisting don't have a specific animation for them yet, so it just plays random.

i see what about the patch folders when are they needed and where do you apply them?

18 minutes ago, Grojcig said:

i see what about the patch folders when are they needed and where do you apply them?

Those patch folders apply automatically when the mods that need them are loaded, no need to touch them

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, I think this mod might have a major performance issue that causes the game to slowdown dramatically when viewing more than 2 pawns on the screen.

I tried deactivating all mods and start vanilla. I played around 5 hours non-stop adding a new mod each hour to find the mod that slows down the game. I first started with harmony and hugs. Then RimJobWorld, played it for one and a half hour, no slowdowns. Then I added SAR bodies but only the main mod. All worked fine. After an hour has passed I added animations. Just about 5-7 minutes after activating the Animation Framework 2.0 the game started to slowdown when viewing 3 or more pawns on the screen. Adding more animation mods seem to make the slowdowns even worse.

30 minutes ago, Grojcig said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, I think this mod might have a major performance issue that causes the game to slowdown dramatically when viewing more than 2 pawns on the screen.

I tried deactivating all mods and start vanilla. I played around 5 hours non-stop adding a new mod each hour to find the mod that slows down the game. I first started with harmony and hugs. Then RimJobWorld, played it for one and a half hour, no slowdowns. Then I added SAR bodies but only the main mod. All worked fine. After an hour has passed I added animations. Just about 5-7 minutes after activating the Animation Framework 2.0 the game started to slowdown when viewing 3 or more pawns on the screen. Adding more animation mods seem to make the slowdowns even worse.

I'll fiddle around with dubs perf analyzer, see what's causing it. Could you send a hugslog?

41 minutes ago, c0ffeeeee said:

I'll fiddle around with dubs perf analyzer, see what's causing it. Could you send a hugslog?

I forgot what that is and where to find it. I'm guessing it's not the "player.log" in ..\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Grojcig said:

I forgot what that is and where to find it. I'm guessing it's not the "player.log" in ..\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios

Weird, I can't reproduce any performance issues. I've been running orgies for about half an hour and I'm still at 100 fps 60 tps at 1x speed, Dub's Perf Analyzer doesn't seem to report anything, a little bit of overhead during a big orgy but nothing to suggest a mem leak or anything that could cause massive slowdown. I am on Shaua's rimnude and not Sized Apparel Zero though, maybe that makes a difference?

Edit: I'll try switching to SA0 and seeing if that makes a difference

Edited by c0ffeeeee
8 minutes ago, Grojcig said:

ctrl+f12 in-game

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, c0ffeeeee said:

Weird, I can't reproduce any performance issues. I've been running orgies for about half an hour and I'm still at 100 fps 60 tps at 1x speed, Dub's Perf Analyzer doesn't seem to report anything, a little bit of overhead during a big orgy but nothing to suggest a mem leak or anything that could cause massive slowdown. I am on Shaua's rimnude and not Sized Apparel Zero though, maybe that makes a difference?

Edit: I'll try switching to SA0 and seeing if that makes a difference

Hmm, yeah I'm not running RimNudeWorld but instead the newest SAR bodies (main and now expanded as well as extra head skins). I did not run any orgies, i was just normally playing the game. I have all the DLCs too.

Here's my log before loading the game, there's an error with one of the S16IngestGirlCum:

S16IngestGirlCum SubSound UnnamedSubSoundDef has no resolvedGrains.
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
Verse.Log:Error (string)
Verse.Sound.SubSoundDef:<ResolveReferences>b__35_0 ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate (bool&)
(wrapper dynamic-method) MonoMod.Utils.DynamicMethodDefinition:Verse.Root.Update_Patch1 (Verse.Root)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update ()

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/b6e4599aef21af10f53abb882d5f448d

I will now play a bit with Animation Framework 2.0 on, see if it starts lagging again in 5 minutes. I'll post my HugsLog in a bit. just playing a bit more...

Yep, it is starting to slow down after some play time.

Latest logs with game slowed down after playing a bit with Animation Framework 2.0 on (only main mod, no additional mods): 

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/c74cf1a9ed328fd11c797ef0c20d87d5

I also noticed that turning off all three options for RJW sounds:

RJW Basic Settings -> Enable RJW Sounds

RJW Animations Settings -> Enable Sound Override

RJW Animations Settings -> Play voices during animations

doesn't actually turn off all RJW Sounds, weird...

Edited by Grojcig