[1.4] RJW Animation Framework

3 hours ago, Niecny said:

Hello i have fps and ticks drop while animations are playing no error or anything. Removing yayo animations helped a little but i still have very significant fps drops while animations are playing.

image.png.f529479e80460206553a442944b842f4.png

your image isn't embedding properly

HI, i have a question about mod HAR dependancy on 1.4+Biotech version. HAR is causing bug, that cause skin/hair color genes not work at all. Do RJW Anim Framework still needed HAR, or it's just optional for now? If it still needed, will you deny dependancy on HAR? (I have that last question because rimworld now have more better alien race editor in my opinion)

Also sorry for my english. Didn't practiced it at all.

If it doesn't need humanoid alien races and only adapts to it if it is present could you please add a mod check in the code so it is optional instead of required?

I do my checks like that:

public static bool RJWIsActive;
       public static BodyPartDef RJW_breasts;

public static void CheckCompatibleMods()
        {

{//Rimjobworld
                RJW_breasts = DefDatabase<BodyPartDef>.GetNamedSilentFail("Chest");
                RJWIsActive = !(RJW_breasts is null);
            }
        }

static HarmonyInit()
        {
            CheckCompatibleMods();

var harmony = new Harmony("Arkymn.AgingVisuals");
            harmony.PatchAll();
        }

Edited by arkyte
4 hours ago, arkyte said:

If it doesn't need humanoid alien races and only adapts to it if it is present could you please add a mod check in the code so it is optional instead of required?

I do my checks like that:

public static bool RJWIsActive;
       public static BodyPartDef RJW_breasts;

public static void CheckCompatibleMods()
        {

{//Rimjobworld
                RJW_breasts = DefDatabase<BodyPartDef>.GetNamedSilentFail("Chest");
                RJWIsActive = !(RJW_breasts is null);
            }
        }

static HarmonyInit()
        {
            CheckCompatibleMods();

var harmony = new Harmony("Arkymn.AgingVisuals");
            harmony.PatchAll();
        }

I did things a little differently, using rimworld load folders. The below branch should make it so that HAR is only a soft dependency:

Files · HAR-Soft-Dependency · c0ffeeeeeeee / RJW-Animations · GitLab (gitgud.io)

After some testing, I'll merge it into the master branch to make it so that HAR is only a soft dependency moving forward

I'm not sure why but, using "Hair Modding Plus"  By TheButterfish123 breaks this mod. It hasn't been updated for 1.4 yet but it confuses me why this specific hair mod breaks RJW animations but if anyone has this mod running while playing 1.4 and are wondering why your pawns can't have sex with anything, this mod is probably the cause!

Edit: It's multiple hair mods actually. 

Edited by CannedPsycho
On 11/2/2022 at 2:40 PM, c0ffeeeee said:

I did things a little differently, using rimworld load folders. The below branch should make it so that HAR is only a soft dependency:

Files · HAR-Soft-Dependency · c0ffeeeeeeee / RJW-Animations · GitLab (gitgud.io)

After some testing, I'll merge it into the master branch to make it so that HAR is only a soft dependency moving forward

Thank you so much!

On 11/14/2022 at 6:46 PM, Andarus said:

My Pawns keep putting their clothes back on during animations every few seconds. also stuff like the pignoses disappear while they put on the clothes. Any idea what is causing this?

I've been having this issue with the most recent version of the framework as well. Reverting to an older version seems to have fixed it for me.

• c0ffeeeee changed the title to [1.4] RJW Animation Framework - New Anims November 21!
10 hours ago, c0ffeeeee said:

Added 5 new animations!! Let me know if any of the default offsets need tweaking, and let me know what you think :)

In my opinion, it's worth adjusting the pawn position with a thin female bodytype quite a bit for a Fast Doggy. I would move the female pawn up by 0.05 and bring the male pawn closer by 0.05. But male pawns have a penis from different angles depending on their size. Therefore, this may be a controversial decision. And it wouldn't hurt to add VoicePatch (addon) support for new animations. Thank you for your work!

On 11/4/2022 at 11:42 AM, CannedPsycho said:

I'm not sure why but, using "Hair Modding Plus"  By TheButterfish123 breaks this mod. It hasn't been updated for 1.4 yet but it confuses me why this specific hair mod breaks RJW animations but if anyone has this mod running while playing 1.4 and are wondering why your pawns can't have sex with anything, this mod is probably the cause!

Edit: It's multiple hair mods actually. 

Got this exact issues, with Interaction Bubbles I can tell they did it - but no animation played, nothing happened, just instantly went back to doing whatever tasks they were doing.
I got multiple hair mods, from upscaled Roppoi, Gloomy hairs to FE3H and some more. Hair modding plus is kinda obvious here. Besides that mod, are there any hair mods that specifically break the mod?

• 2 weeks later...
  • c0ffeeeee changed the title to [1.4] RJW Animation Framework - NEW ANIMATION CREATOR!

I just had the same issue as others above.

O.k, so in regards to the issue of Pawns going up to each other and then not actually doing anything + the animation not working (which seems to be a common issue at the moment).....

I have played around with ALL my mods and the only things that fixes the issue is to disable "rimworld-animations-patch", at which point the animations start working again.

Any idea why this might be? I don't think it's a compatibility issue between other mods, but rather just rimworld-animations-patch + rimworld-animations. Something seems to be causing an issue between these.

8 hours ago, Hidden User said:

I just had the same issue as others above.

O.k, so in regards to the issue of Pawns going up to each other and then not actually doing anything + the animation not working (which seems to be a common issue at the moment).....

I have played around with ALL my mods and the only things that fixes the issue is to disable "rimworld-animations-patch", at which point the animations start working again.

Any idea why this might be? I don't think it's a compatibility issue between other mods, but rather just rimworld-animations-patch + rimworld-animations. Something seems to be causing an issue between these.

umm well its because animation patch has not been updated for 1.4. The game and RimPy should have told you it hasn't been marked as compatible. I understand you can get away with some mods that haven't been updated but this is a mod that has C#. Almost always a C# mod needs reworking to be compatible with new versions of Rimworld.

• c0ffeeeee changed the title to [1.4] RJW Animation Framework - New Animation Creator!
  • 2 weeks later...