Changing tattoos from LMCC?

Lizzy

Ok, I downloaded https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24830 (Looks Menu Customization Compendium) And then since it has the one Vallaslin, I thought I'd try to swap it out with parts of a file from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/86651 (Dragon Age Dalish Vallaslin Face Tattoo's for Racemenu). But that isn't working. I'm using Gimp with a .dds plugin and all I get in game is brown face.

The file path from LMCC is Fallout 4\Data\Textures\Actors\Character\Character Assets\FaceDetails\EmissaryOfWind

I tried changing the EoW_vallaslin01_d.ddsEoW_vallaslin02_d.dds and EoW_vallaslin03_d.dds

The file path from Dragon Age Dalish tatts is Skyrim\Data\Textures\Actors\Character\Overlays

And the file I'm trying to "transplant" is Falon'din_2.dds by taking parts of it and putting them on the chin, cheeks and forehead parts above.

But because of the brown face bug, I can't even go back and forth between stopping and starting the game to fine-tune and make sure they match up @_@ 

Can anyone get this working? Maybe someone who has Photoshop or something?

KKG4PHE.png

xoSKZzA.jpg

MZdXOt2.png

@ZMD78 Oh yep, I should've been more specific about doing that. I made sure it was DTX5 and mipmaps checked.

The face just turns brown as in the spoiler. I've retextured tons of things in Fallout 4, but the tattoos are being so weird :classic_blink:

Hi I cant see your reference images...

this.JPG

Also Are you applying your textures directly to the dds head file and merging down? or are you trying to add them as overlays for a mod that applies overlays in game?

If you want send me your modded dds file and ill take a look to see if anythings wrong with it

@ZMD78 Weird! I embedded those imgur images but they keep breaking when I come back to the post.

I'm trying to add overlays to previous overlay textures (Vallaslin-Skyrim) to replace overlays in the

Looks Menu Customization Compendium mod (for Fallout 4).

The original Emissary of Wind textures are those named  EoW_vallaslin01_d.ddsEoW_vallaslin02_d.dds and EoW_vallaslin03_d.dds

The one I'm trying to "transplant" is Falon'din_2.dds (but adjusting to match the locations on above textures)

I'll call the ones I tried to do Vallaslin1attempt_d.ddsVallaslin2attempt_d.dds and Vallaslin3attempt_d.dds

I'm not sure if they're going to match up on the character's face in game. Some scaling may be necessary but it needs to work first x_x

EoW_vallaslin01_d.dds EoW_vallaslin02_d.dds EoW_vallaslin03_d.dds Falon'din_2.dds Vallaslin1attempt_d.dds Vallaslin2attempt_d.dds Vallaslin3attempt_d.dds

Archived