Dwarven Devious Cuirass Variations

View File

This is an expansion of MaikCG's Dwarven Devious Cuirass, featuring several pre-built variant designs along with BodySlide files with zappable parts pointed at the original armor location. (UUNP Only)

Features

• Seven variations with varying degrees of exposure
  • All parts and variants come in original darkened colors and Vanilla Dwarven colors
  • Separately equipped belly plate [slot 54]
  • Separately equipped plugs [slot 57]
  • Separately equipped enchantment trigger [slot 60] with additional Heal Rate effect
  • Breast caps for open-chest designs [slot 48]
  • Thin collar to cover neck seam [slot 45]
  • Shaved head wigs, bald and stubble
  • SexLab NoStrip keywords
  • Bodyslide files for all variants and applicable parts
  • Bodyslide files with selectable zaps to build a modified replacement of the original armor

Installation

Install as normal. Can be used with or without original Dwarven Devious Cuirass mod; will prompt for overwrite on some files if that is installed, but they are unchanged in this file so that can be ignored. After installation, run Bodyslide on the files in the 'Dwarven Devious Cuirass Variations' Slider Group to conform them to your body type.

'DwarvenDD Main Variable A' & 'DwarvenDD Main Variable B' will replace the model in the original Dwarven Devious armor location when run. Choose only one; 'A' will produce a dark-colored armor while 'B' will produce a bright brass-colored armor.

Crafting recipes not included. Use AddItemMenu or console to acquire in-game.

Notes

• 'NoStrip' keyword is applied to major armor parts to prevent them from being removed by SexLab during scenes. Plugs and breast caps have 'AlwaysStrip' keyword so that they will always be removed during scenes. Belly plate does not have keyword set, user can manually adjust its strip settings using SexLab's 'Strip Item' editor.
  • Belly plate set to slot 54 to avoid issues with Devious Devices and SoS on slots 49 and 52. As such it can be used in conjunction with clothing using those slots, if desired.
  • Breast bones removed from Variant E2 due to the breasts being 'pinned' in place. Bounce adjusted on variants E3 and E4 to dampen clipping, but it will still occur during some motions. 
  • All variants are compatible with SLIF and other Bodymorph-based mods when 'Build Morphs' box is checked in Bodyslide upon generating the models. Clipping may occur at more extreme sizes.
  • The 'knobs' that were positioned under the breasts on the original version were moved to the sides of the torso to allow for better Bodyslide/Bodymorph compatibility. These can be removed via zap from all variants, if desired.
  • All Bodyslide parts are built with UUNP. I do not actively have plans to convert this to CBBE myself, but welcome anyone who wants to try. 
  • Please see first post in support thread for further information.

Credit for the original models goes to MaikCG and Edhildil. 

• Submitter
    AVS
  • Submitted
    02/29/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    Racemenu (NiOverride High Heels), XPMSE, BodySlide
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

This is a lot more slapdash than I usually am with mods, but I've been sitting on the bones of this one for a while now, as detailed herein:

Short version, there's a bunch of stuff I would've liked to do here that I couldn't quite get working, so I'm just going to put out what does work so that it's out there in some form. What you get is a collection of various things I've been wanting to do with the Dwarven Devious set for a while now, including a number of variants and minor improvements. 

Don't expect a whole lot more than that out of this. Absolutely do not expect Devious Devices capabilities out of me, as I have no patience for figuring that shit out. Ground models are also likely to remain incomplete, as making a new one for each variant is a bit of a pain.

Slight edit made to description, no file changes.

This looks great. Ive been using the original since I first found it over a two years ago. I use CBBE though so this seems to be not workable for me at the moment. Ive tried converting it since I know how to do basic converting between body types (learned from Fallout 4 that I also mod a lot). However for this one the body within the armor seems to be mapped to UNP. Is this something I can ignore and convert or I have to do some other deeper conversions that are much more difficult? If so, will you be making a CBBE version at any point?

Thanks and great work

6 hours ago, NIND (jimmyyu) said:

May I convert this to cbbe ?  It would only temporarily take priority over the DMA Variable port of course!

Certainly! It should be a lot more straightforward than DMA is, after all. The original mod from MaikCG does have a CBBE Bodyslide version, so all that really needs to be done for a quick conversion is to borrow that body (and copy the HDT weights onto it, IIRC), then add my chopped up copy of the armor to it and recreate the zaps for the assorted variants. You'll probably put a lot more effort into getting it to work right than I would, though. ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2020 at 2:35 AM, NIND (jimmyyu) said:

May I convert this to cbbe ?  It would only temporarily take priority over the DMA Variable port of course!

So... any movement on this?

I'm not cracking a whip or anything, just curious as I'm looking forward to it.

I like this mod. But I am unable to have a visible belly plate. It register as equiped in the inventory and I created the body for uunp in bodyslide. I even disabled all the hiden parts for devious devices. What have I forgotten or done wrong?

2 hours ago, Stephbx said:

I like this mod. But I am unable to have a visible belly plate. It register as equiped in the inventory and I created the body for uunp in bodyslide. I even disabled all the hiden parts for devious devices. What have I forgotten or done wrong?

This is not the uunp version....

On 3/23/2020 at 4:51 AM, Stephbx said:

Hm. You've covered the obvious culprits, so I'm not really sure what else it might be. I put it on slot 54 specifically to avoid the two major part-displacing mods I'm aware of, DD and SoS, but it's possible that there's a mod that I'm not aware of that's camping out on that slot. Some mods will use invisible equipment locked into an outfit slot via a script or an unlisted quest to achieve some effect or another, and that can cause outfit parts that want to use that slot to not display. I'd suspect that might be what's happening here, but I couldn't say what mod might be doing it.

On 3/30/2020 at 7:30 AM, AVS said:

Hm. You've covered the obvious culprits, so I'm not really sure what else it might be. I put it on slot 54 specifically to avoid the two major part-displacing mods I'm aware of, DD and SoS, but it's possible that there's a mod that I'm not aware of that's camping out on that slot. Some mods will use invisible equipment locked into an outfit slot via a script or an unlisted quest to achieve some effect or another, and that can cause outfit parts that want to use that slot to not display. I'd suspect that might be what's happening here, but I couldn't say what mod might be doing it.

I think I now know what happened. I will have to verify once I have access to my rig again. Thank for the infos. i will keep you notified.

Fun mod!  I really like it!  I've only encountered one bug of note so far. 

You added some headpieces to make the wearer completely bald or have a shaved stubble.  These pieces work fine when worn by any NPC but if I equip it to my own character, nothing happens.  In fact, it doesn't really equip it at all.  I don't see the usually symbol next to it to indicate it's equipped.  Has anyone else encountered this?  Is there a fix?