Dwarven Devious Cuirass Variations

Are you ok with people (me included) using assests from this mod?

I'm playing around with the creation kit and want to try to make this into a devious device. Use it to learn about quest scripting, building rooms ect.

IDK if I will ever publish whatever I end up with, but I still want to ask permission before I start doing anything.

On 4/9/2020 at 12:24 AM, raptor4d4 said:

Fun mod!  I really like it!  I've only encountered one bug of note so far. 

You added some headpieces to make the wearer completely bald or have a shaved stubble.  These pieces work fine when worn by any NPC but if I equip it to my own character, nothing happens.  In fact, it doesn't really equip it at all.  I don't see the usually symbol next to it to indicate it's equipped.  Has anyone else encountered this?  Is there a fix? 

The most likely culprit is, as always, the Devious Devices 'device hider' function. For some reason it camps out on the 'helmet hair' slot, #41, and as a result makes it impossible to use any headgear designed to displace the helmet hair mesh like the shaved 'wigs' do. Normally this would affect both the player and NPCs, though, so there may be some other factor in play. But I'd start with turning off the device hider and seeing what happens.

16 hours ago, Forgetandeatcake said:

Are you ok with people (me included) using assests from this mod?

I'm playing around with the creation kit and want to try to make this into a devious device. Use it to learn about quest scripting, building rooms ect.

IDK if I will ever publish whatever I end up with, but I still want to ask permission before I start doing anything.

Feel free! The original by MaikCG has wide-open permissions, so it'd be pretty crappy of me to pile restrictions on to it. I'm not too inclined to get all that possessive with any of my projects, honestly. Seeing others do things with with them that I don't have the time or capability to do is a bonus, as far as I'm concerned.

18 hours ago, AVS said:

The most likely culprit is, as always, the Devious Devices 'device hider' function. For some reason it camps out on the 'helmet hair' slot, #41, and as a result makes it impossible to use any headgear designed to displace the helmet hair mesh like the shaved 'wigs' do. Normally this would affect both the player and NPCs, though, so there may be some other factor in play. But I'd start with turning off the device hider and seeing what happens.

Feel free! The original by MaikCG has wide-open permissions, so it'd be pretty crappy of me to pile restrictions on to it. I'm not too inclined to get all that possessive with any of my projects, honestly. Seeing others do things with with them that I don't have the time or capability to do is a bonus, as far as I'm concerned.

That was the problem.  It works now.  :)

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, MiyaCNG said:

Could you make a CBBE version? I really like your taste! It's so sad that can't use this mod because I'm using CBBE. ?

I won't.

NIND already did.

7 hours ago, NikkiW said:

Before I DL all the mods, any idea if these variations work with the devious esp made by Slagblah.

Kind of, barely, probably. 

I'm going to assume that this .esp uses the original MaikCG model and its pathing. In that case, the Bodyslide files included with my version that replace that original model will allow you to build one of the variants in the original model's place, which should then work with this Devious-ification. Slagblah's modifications will not, however, be present on any of the individual variants added by my mod, as they are each a separate armor in-game and the Devious system requires that its scripts be added to each item individually at the .esp level. Adding the DD effects to them would require someone to make a new Devious-ification .esp for this mod, and that someone isn't going to be me because getting the Devious stuff set up is way more of a pain in the ass than I want to deal with. 

17 hours ago, AVS said:

Kind of, barely, probably. 

I'm going to assume that this .esp uses the original MaikCG model and its pathing. In that case, the Bodyslide files included with my version that replace that original model will allow you to build one of the variants in the original model's place, which should then work with this Devious-ification. Slagblah's modifications will not, however, be present on any of the individual variants added by my mod, as they are each a separate armor in-game and the Devious system requires that its scripts be added to each item individually at the .esp level. Adding the DD effects to them would require someone to make a new Devious-ification .esp for this mod, and that someone isn't going to be me because getting the Devious stuff set up is way more of a pain in the ass than I want to deal with. 

Okay thank you for the response

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...