Trouble with wickedwhims - Empty settings can't close at all

getsu44

The thing is, the most recent version of WW requires the most recent game build. You are still playing 1.58 but the game has already been updated to 1.60.

So you have the latest version of WW but the game build it's been fit to work with is not the one you are using at the moment. This causes an error and WW not to work properly. You could go back to an older version of WW that worked with the 1.58 build, but I don't know a reliable source where you could get this from. I understand that there's no archive of old versions for WW.

In any case, updating your game is the most likely solution to your problem. You could also check your Mods-folder to ensure that WW isn't buried too deep in it. Script mods in my experience need to be either in the mods folder itself, or (but no deeper than) 1 subfolder of it; i.e. "Mods --> WickedWhims" is okay, but "Mods -->Script Mods -->WickedWhims" has caused me problems. 

Archived