Do Custom Skins Work for Reproduction?

2 hours ago, drooliette said:

If the female and male sims both have custom skins, will the offspring have one of their custom skins? If the offspring is a girl, will the girl get the mother's skin?

In my experience the game has a hard time registering CC skin colors. The game doesn't know what to do with with skin, eyes and hair color. It may vary depending on how much you have? I have a fair bit but it seems like a lot of people (youtubers) who use CC skin, eyes and hair have to change the toddlers because they don't look like either parent (or too much like one and not the other).

Unfortunately this means I have to go in and give the toddler a makeover.

But the good thing is that they will keep the skin tone that you give them. Eyes will sometimes change again at child and teen. By teen, of course you won't have to worry about them changing again after that.

I typically go for an in between of they parents skin colors if the kids skin tone is really off. For hair, I sometimes go by the eyebrows. For some reason those are sometimes a maxis color and match one of the parents hair colors, even when the parent has alpha eyebrows/hair.

It's odd. haha

ANYWAYS....You didn't ask but...thought I'd give a tip anyways. ?

Happy Simming!