Sleep via Follower Dialogue

Forgive me if someone else has posted a topic like this, but I couldn't find anything while searching the forum related to this.

I have a custom follower, with custom race and unique voice/dialogue. I recently added a marriage framework to him, but I'm stuck on a small part. I want to be able to initiate the sleep/passage of time via a dialogue branch. I haven't found a route anywhere else online, including the CK forum, on how to activate the bed's sleep function via any alternative format. I'm just trying to get the vanilla system to activate with the dialogue: the message box with time selection and the simple fade to black, while getting the sleep bonuses for marriage. Nothing new or fancy.

Is there actually a way to do this in Skyrim? I managed to get this feature working for FNV as a custom follower dialogue option with little issue, but it's eluding me for Skyrim.

Archived