Strange clipping issue forever...

Just wondering if anyone else has run into this...I've looked everywhere and I can't find anything on this.

I've done modeling work in Skyrim SE for a long time and this is one issue that has vexed me for years now.  I do a lot of work in OS, Blender, and Autodesk.  I am thinking maybe it has to do with an ini LOD setting but I haven't been able to pin it down.  Knowing my luck probably it's probably an issue with the new optimized nif's that SE introduced.  I'm thinking that because I can actually see the same thing happen when I am editing the mesh in OS.

Anyways, here is my issue.  If I have a piece of clothing that fits tightly but is NOT clipping, once I zoom out with the camera in third person or see it on an NPC in the distance, there is clipping.  Once I get close the clipping is gone.  It has nothing to do with physics, I understand how movement works with vertices and how that can cause clipping with movement, this happens completely standing still with physics disabled, even in T-pose.

I've attached a picture zoomed in and out of an armor so you can see what I am talking about.  It's not game breaking at all but it is distracting for me.

If anyone has an idea what causes this you would be my hero.  If it's not possible to fix that would be nice to know too so I can stop this seemingly lifelong quest to fix it.ScreenShot3.thumb.png.dc791bba00fa7ce08ea87bf8bb5ceda8.png

Zoomed in, no clipping

ScreenShot2.thumb.png.cdb80582f5a35a036e1b795a8bd33b8e.png

Zoomed out, clipping in the chest.  Made character green so it's easier to see but may need to view full image to see it.

Archived