[Solved] Does "fDecalLifetime" still work for you?

mimichacha

Update: I mistakenly put fDecalLifetime in the [Decals] section, when it should be in the [Display] section instead.

============================

I would like to keep the blood on player's body. I tried the oldrim way, setting fDecalLifetime in skyrim.ini to a larger value. To my surprise, there is no effect. Blood on body still won't last longer than a minute.

I tried to follow the instructions I found on the following pages, and still no luck.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/615805-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/61492238

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2357/

Does anyone know how to get it work?

Below is my game info:

SSE 1.5,73

SKSE64 2.0.15

Engine Fix 4.4 part 1

RaceMenu 0.3.4

I also have "Enhanced blood textures SSE - Lite version" installed.

It works fine for me. Now I used these posts to help me figure out how to get longer lasting whip marks as well as inceasing the number of decals applied but they were in reference to blood decals ( I think ) so these two post should help you get things figured out. You can obviously change the numbers to give you longer or shorter lasting decals. 

And about half way down the page on this next link,. 

2 hours ago, sparral said:

It works fine for me. Now I used these posts to help me figure out how to get longer lasting whip marks as well as inceasing the number of decals applied but they were in reference to blood decals ( I think ) so these two post should help you get things figured out. You can obviously change the numbers to give you longer or shorter lasting decals. 

I did everything stated in these posts, somehow it just won't work. It really drives me crazy, and I cannot figure out what prevents it from working. I know it should work, since I remember using this back in oldrim. 

Appreciate the help though.

Archived