DarkBloodine (Complete) Galgat-Tweaked

1 hour ago, fejeena said:

CM partners is not the best, the scripts can have "problems". That's why most lovers players use MCS. (MadCompanionSpell)

And during that mod I would play without companion.

TES4Edit: there is no "quest item buttom" . Items can have the "quest item" flag. So you search the item.

And of course the load order matters. A ID has 8 numbers, the fist 2 are the load order number

If you want an item

Player.additem xxyyyyyy 1

yyyyyy is the last 6 numbers of the item ID (the base/Form ID )

xx is the load order ID

A Oblivion.esm item : Skooma

Player.additem 0004E0A9 1

00 Oblivion.esm is the first in your load order

04E0A9  is Skooma

1  you get one Skooma

If you want to display a NPC you need the Ref ID , the NPC that is placed in the world or cell, NOT the base ID

prid 2B000345

2B is position 43 after the Oblivion.em in your load order (get the load order number in Oblivion modmanger, move the cursor over the installed esp/esm )

000345 is the NPC ref ID

know the name and ID is displayed at the top of the screen

Now you can use commands like "moveto" or "Moddisposition" .

moveto Player

A NPC who didn't follow you will then stand in front of you/near you.

----------

What exactly are you looking for ?

During the quest Chastity theif you go talk to some guy's cheating wife (Kerna) to hunt a criminal... the criminal is blackmailing her... we go to the INN so she can lure him back to the house when we get to the INN she speaks to the criminal (hatin) we are after and he doesn't move she starts walking back to the house and no matter what I do he just stands still in the place he is.

MCS makes alot of demands on my CPU and I am probably pushing it too much with Qarls texture package... I did stop using the CM companions as actual companions but kept the mod... it is a requirement for the Xena mod which has a really fun weapon called a Chakra a type of throwing boomerang dagger disk thing... and they add populate the world immersion with less demands on my computer than crowded or lively cities.

I do use a different type of companions like Vilja and some of the mods that have the same template... they all have sommon spells and work well with the enhanced mounted combat mod

When you are in the inn your PlayerControls are disabled during the dialogue between Hatin and Kerna .

At the end of the dialogue in the dialog script:

set zBHOrder242Q.meetend to 1
EnablePlayerControls

Now he should follow her.

------------------------------------------------

Solutions if he doesn't

You have quest entry

stage 80

I'm at the Cheydinhal Bridge Inn. Now I need to follow Hatin and Kerna to the Venladius home.

From the script
    if ( GetStage zBHOrder242Q == 80 ) && ( meetend == 1 )
        if ( Player.GetDistance zHatinRef <= 150 ) && ( Player.IsSneaking == 1 )      ; <<<150 , too close even with sneaking
            Message"It isn't worthwhile drawing attention to myself. I need to be inconspicuous.",40
        elseif  ( Player.GetDistance zHatinRef <= 300 ) && ( Player.IsSneaking == 0 )     ; <<< 150 to 300 too close without sneaking
            Message"It isn't worthwhile drawing attention to myself. I need to be inconspicuous.",40
        elseif  ( Player.GetDistance zHatinRef >= 1100 )       ; <<< too far away
            Message"I need to follow Hatin and Kerna. I should keep up.",30
        endif

! keep distance. 1100 is a lot, best sneak and stay between 300 and 1100

You can try this  with quest stage 80  . Open the console
hit enter key
Then open console again and click on Hatin
evp
hit enter key

For get the Hatin follow Kerna AI package to work it needs meetend to be 1.  Now it should work and he should follow her.

-----------------------

Or you set the quest stages and ignore the whole follow, wait, find the Holocron,  ...

Spoiler

stage 90
Because of my carelessness, Hatin saw me. I need to recover the holocron before Hatin modifies it to obscure his face.

stage 100
I have the holocron. And in the reflections of the glimmering purple colors of the glass, the face of Hatin can be clearly seen. I need to get this to Trevir.

stage 105

I have the holocron. And in the reflections of the glimmering purple colors of the glass, the face of Hatin can be clearly seen. I need to get out of here before I'm noticed and show the holocron to Hatin.

You need the Holocron , a misc item in the esp if you check it with CS or TES4Edit
zHolcorn "Holocron with Kerna" [MISC:02050C30]
Player.additem xx050C30 1
replace xx with the load order number of the Darkbloodlines esp (get it from your mod manager )
hit enter key

The Holocron has a script that set the right quest stage ( with stage 80 you get stage 105,  with stage 90 you get stage 100 ) but I forgot if the "Begin OnAdd Player" script command also works if the item was added with the console.  You can first add the item to the player and if you don't get an quest update you use the right SetStage command

With stage 80 you do
setstage zBHOrder242Q 105
hit enter key

With stage 90 you do

setstage zBHOrder242Q 100
hit enter key

Now you can go to Trevir.

---------------------------------------------------------

I hope one of the solutions works. I don't have the Mod installed, just dropped the ESP in the DATA folder for a TES4Edit check.

--------------

EDIT

MCS . I thought those were better, cleaner scripts, and CM scripts cause more problems.

I use CM many years ago and only a few weeks. With MCS I never had problems with frame rate.

CM Mods I used with removed CM content ( scripts, AI packs, CM esm Master file,  . . . ) only the NPC in world or cell with a "Wander near Editor location" AI package.

Edited by fejeena
33 minutes ago, fejeena said:

When you are in the inn your PlayerControls are disabled during the dialogue between Hatin and Kerna .

At the end of the dialogue in the dialog script:

EnablePlayerControls

Now he should follow her.

------------------------------------------------

Solutions if he doesn't

You have quest entry

stage 80

I'm at the Cheydinhal Bridge Inn. Now I need to follow Hatin and Kerna to the Venladius home.

From the script
    if ( GetStage zBHOrder242Q == 80 ) && ( meetend == 1 )
        if ( Player.GetDistance zHatinRef <= 150 ) && ( Player.IsSneaking == 1 )
        elseif  ( Player.GetDistance zHatinRef <= 300 ) && ( Player.IsSneaking == 0 )
        elseif  ( Player.GetDistance zHatinRef >= 1100 )        ; <<<<< you should do this ! No sneaking and keep distance. 1100 is a lot, do not get near him!
            Message"I need to follow Hatin and Kerna. I should keep up.",30
        endif

You can try this  with quest stage 80  . Open the console
hit enter key
Then open console again and click on Hatin
evp
hit enter key

For get the Hatin follow Kerna AI package to work it needs meetend to be 1.  Now it should work and he should follow her.

-----------------------

Or you set the quest stages and ignore the whole follow, wait, find the Holocron,  ...

Reveal hidden contents

stage 90
Because of my carelessness, Hatin saw me. I need to recover the holocron before Hatin modifies it to obscure his face.

stage 100
I have the holocron. And in the reflections of the glimmering purple colors of the glass, the face of Hatin can be clearly seen. I need to get this to Trevir.

Setstage zBHOrder242Q 90
hit enter key
setstage zBHOrder242Q 100
hit enter key

Now you need the Holocron , a misc item in the esp if you check it with CS or TES4Edit
zHolcornMisc "Holocron" [MISC:02059CFB]
Player.additem xx059CFB 1
replace xx with the load order number of the Darkbloodlines esp (get it from your mod manager )
hit enter key

Now you can go to Trevir.

---------------------------------------------------------

I hope one of the solutions works. I don't have the Mod installed, just dropped the ESP in the DATA folder for a TES4Edit check.

--------------

EDIT

MCS . I thought those were better, cleaner scripts, and CM scripts cause more problems.

I use CM many years ago and only a few weeks. With MCS I never had problems with frame rate.

CM Mods I used with removed CM content ( scripts, AI packs, CM esm Master file,  . . . ) only the NPC in world or cell with a "Wander near Editor location" AI package.

So am I supposed to enter the INN at all? Distance 1100 that would be more than the whole INN as well as immediately after I leave the Inn

So my player controls are never disabled during their conversation... if they are supposed to be disabled that's not happening....

Edit: my processor us under 2ghz that's the only thing on my laptop under recommended specs... MCS is always running and I definitely notice frame rate issues with it installed might not be a script problem might be a my laptop problem... I distinctly remember deleting only that mod and it made my frame rate much better

Edited by Burensc

I updated the post above !!!

Distance is after the dialoge between Hatin and Kerna .

I think you go to the inn and sneak, then your player controls are disabled ( you should be over 150 distance ) After the dialoge (your player controls are enabled ) you best don't move, or move to more distance until both left the Inn.

Yes player controlls will be disabled

Quest script:

if ( GetStage zBHOrder242Q == 80 ) && ( meet == 1 )
        if ( Player.GetDistance zBridgeInnKernaMarker <= 200 ) && ( zKernaVenladiusRef.GetDistance zBridgeInnKernaMarker <= 200 ) && ( zHatinRef.GetDistance  zBridgeInnHatinMarker <= 200 )
            DisablePlayerControls
            zKernaVenladiusRef.startconversation zHatinRef, zBHOrder242ConvHatin
            set meet to 2
        endif
    endif

The conversation should not start before your player controls are disabled.

So you sneak to  the point where your controls are disabled.

EDIT: she only has a "travel to zBridgeInnKernaMarker" AI package, she can not start the conversation without the above script update.

Do they talk?

Spoiler

Kerna: "Hello there, Hatin."

Hatin: "Kerna... I didn't expect to see you again after our last 'talk'. If you came here to ask for a 'discount', I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint you."

Kerna: "Yes, and that's why I couldn't come here while that old far was home. But now he left for several days."

Hatin: "Good. Then let's go to your place, my dear. I'll see what I can do for you."

Thats the end of the dialog    and dialogue script is

set zBHOrder242Q.meetend to 1  <<<< that stasrts his follow package
EnablePlayerControls

Edited by fejeena

I set stage both 90 and 100 on separate plays starting from stage 80... nothing worked... when I was in the house player. Additem (holocron) gave me the holocron but won't let me out of the house... im just going to call the quest broken and set stage 140

Edit: sneaking never disabled player controls... if I need to stand in an exact location or something the mod is not clear l, and the INN is super tiny... would be better is she just said Meet us here at 3:00 or something 

Edited by Burensc

Have you read my updated post ? the big one 3 posts above

If you are stage 80 you don't set stage 90

You add the holocron  and you are not in a house ! ! !

If you don't get a quest update you set With stage 80 you set stage 105 and you are not in a house !

------------------------------------

But if your player controlls are not disabled in the inn then the dialog does not start and both NPCs are still in the Inn. You have to find the right spot in the inn.

Then listen to the conversation (see post above)  ! Without that you did something wrong, the quest is not broken !

Then the player controls are enabled and you can leave the inn. 

If he does not follow you use the console  NOT in the inn or her house.

And with stage 105 and the holocron in your inventory you can go to Trevir.

Edited by fejeena

Yeah I snuck around every part of the INN I could think of using.... I can't get it to work. Player controls never get disabled....  Even if it can work the fact that it's so fussy makes it a bad quest needing either a fix so it works properly.... or if it's not broken and I just can't figure it out an actual rework of how this meeting is set up in the first place.

DarkBloodline Galgat-Tweaked version is from 2013, so for 9 years this quest worked, would be weird if it stopped working now.

If your player controlls are not disabled then the two NPC don't start the conversation. And Kerna only enters the inn to talk to Hatin. They talk upstairs.

Nothing is wrong.  Clunky, mebby.  But....   *sigh*  I just had to reload DarkBloodline just to show this:

Step1.jpg

Step2.jpg

Step3.jpg

Step4.jpg

MEANWHILE.... as to cutting heads....

CUT HEAD.jpg

Indeed, the system is set up so these two weapons alone may lop heads off.  It is a scripted function in the weapons themselves.  For other weapons to be able to slice heads off within DarkBloodline as it is, those additional weapons must be altered to use this script.

For anything further, look in my spoiler of mods, and view the Publications:  My Guidebooks and TES Reprinted Tomes spoiler within.  There, you will find Prima Books - Series 1... which contains the Help guide :Book of the Shadow Brotherhood.  Granted... once installed, you gotta find a bookstore in Cyrodiil that sells it.  ;)   Nothing is free.

Edited by LongDukDong
5 minutes ago, LongDukDong said:

Ok no something is wrong with my version... when she goes upstairs  she doesn't wait... she walks upstairs speaks with him and leaves without him or my player controls being disabled.... then she goes home and he just stands there doing nothing... when I get sick of waiting I follow her home alone... at which point I get soft locked in the house.....

I'm past this quest right now and on to the next 2 but I will come back in another play through and try it agian.

So I started another run new Character with an updated mod list... im at 160 mods/plugins .... I was about to try the quest line in Dark blood lines agian see if I could do that quest in Chydenhal agian and get it to work... and I got a bug from my mounted combat mod..

"Enhanced Mounted Combat"

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/46305

This mod has a problem where if you fight on the back of your horse the game sometimes thinks you are attacking the horse, even thoughyou are doing absolutely no damage to your horse... and will kick you out of the Theives guild... now this problem got patched.... 

Enhanced Mounted Combat - Thieves Guild Fix

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/48629

But.... I just like the thieves guild needed patched... so does the Brotherhood of shadows... I am "kicked out of the brotherhood of shadows for attacking a fellow member (my horse is apparently a guild member)...

You have the  "Enhanced Mounted Combat - Thieves Guild Fix " esp

Look into the esp, copy the script into a new esp, rename ( new ID) and change the Thieves Guild to Brotherhood of shadows.   Darkbloodlines must Masterfile of the new esp.

Done, you have a patch.

Or play without the "Enhanced Mounted Combat"  mod.

Everything is fine with the thieves guild and Brotherhood of shadows. Normally the maker of the "Enhanced Mounted Combat" mod should fix the bug so all other modders don't have to patch their mods.

So currently the mod is not compatible with many other mods = don't use "Enhanced Mounted Combat"  or create a patch.

2 hours ago, fejeena said:

Look into the esp, copy the script into a new esp, rename ( new ID) and change the Thieves Guild to Brotherhood of shadows.   Darkbloodlines must Masterfile of the new esp.

Done, you have a patch.

Everything is fine with the thieves guild and Brotherhood of shadows. Normally the maker of the "Enhanced Mounted Combat" mod should fix the bug so all other modders don't have to patch their mods.

So currently the mod is not compatible with many other mods = don't use "Enhanced Mounted Combat"  or create a patch.

Can I do that with TES4edit or donI need construction kit?

3 hours ago, fejeena said:

Done, you have a patch.

Do you have a suggestion for mounted combat.... I found 3 working ones... "Enhanced mounted combat" (the one I'm using)... OBSE mounted combat which works for spells but not Melee or Archer.... I tested both... then there is the one From "Oblivion Reloaded" which is a massive graphics overhaul and other stuff, I just got rid of Qarls textures for the overworld (open Cyrodiil) because my laptop wasn't up to that task, I can still use the high resolution textures in dungeons tho....

The only other mounted combat I found was a trailer for adding to to deadly reflexes... a trailer not a working mod... apparently the guy working on it died about a decade ago and no one picked it up... so I'm guessing it won't be available any time soon...

If there is another mounted combat mod I would like to know, EMC is the better of two options at the moment but even without the dark bloodlines issue it does bug the camera up every once and a while... so an alternative would be extremely welcome. 

You talked about mounted combat. I don't use Darkbloodlines (conflicts with at least 4 of my mod, maybe more), I don't use "Enhanced Mounted Combat" and the patch "Enhanced Mounted Combat - Thieves Guild Fix "    I have never used such a Mod. When I ride, I'm tied under the horse and definitely can't fight ... except with the next orgasm.

I thought you use "Enhanced Mounted Combat" with the patch. And it conflicts with Darkbloodlines. And there is no patch, so you have to decide which mod you don't use;  Darkbloodlines OR Enhanced Mounted Combat. If a patch is ever developed, then you can use both mods again.

-------------

To compile scripts you need the ConstructionSet. If the script use OBSE commands you have to start the CS with OBSE (see my yellow Link below) . If you use CSExtender it starts with OBSE. I have not installed the mod, not even downloaded it. So I can't look at the Thieves Guild Fix and don't know if it's complicated or easy.

Regarding conflicts between DarkBloodline and other mods, please create new threads/topics within the LAPF Technical Support board.  This could also be said if there is a conflict between CrowningIsles and PlayerSlavePregnancyWoes or within DarkDesires and FiveNightsAtFargil's ... as examples.

The support thread for any particular mod or plugin is meant for issues with the plugin itself.  It should not be subject to issues pertaining towards getting two or three mods to work together when the plugin for the thread has no problems of its own.

Edited by LongDukDong