Jump to content
IGNORED

Trying to exclude nifs from stretching in Outfit Studio


Recommended Posts

I am trying to exclude a nipple ring from warping around the breast in outfit studio on an armor i am trying to make. I need help in figuring out how to do this. This is what I am trying to avoid:
3c0a020cb2507140d0244df1634fac7c.png.76c6484a05cd191eafb13cb4f2c2756f.png

I haven't made a zap for the warped piece in the middle, which is something I definitely intend to do and know how to do. But the warping of the actual piece on the breast is hard for me to figure out. anyone know how to accomplish this?

Link to comment
28 minutes ago, DremoraDream said:

I am trying to exclude a nipple ring from warping around the breast in outfit studio on an armor i am trying to make. I need help in figuring out how to do this. This is what I am trying to avoid:
3c0a020cb2507140d0244df1634fac7c.png.76c6484a05cd191eafb13cb4f2c2756f.png

I haven't made a zap for the warped piece in the middle, which is something I definitely intend to do and know how to do. But the warping of the actual piece on the breast is hard for me to figure out. anyone know how to accomplish this?

1) Weight painting.

2) Move tool to straighten it out.

Link to comment
15 minutes ago, DremoraDream said:

So the weight paint on this mesh would be too strong, right? because I weighted it to the breasts and it is highlighted but, if i understand correctly, the weights are too extreme?

If this is the image from the Outfit Studio editor, then you need to use the move tool to straighten them out.  If in-game they are still not behaving, make sure the weighting is exactly the same as the nipple across the entire mesh.

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

If this is the image from the Outfit Studio editor, then you need to use the move tool to straighten them out.  If in-game they are still not behaving, make sure the weighting is exactly the same as the nipple across the entire mesh.

Okay, the behave in game, they just look like the picture above. I don't think weight is the problem. I only get this warping issue when my sliders not at zero, or if i am using a not zeroed preset. As soon as I move the breast slider up, the items move along, but distort like the picture...

I want them to move along with the slider, but without the warp. I'm starting to think it's not possible, even with the movement tool, because moving the vertices keeps the mesh distorted. Am I doing something wrong with the movement tool?

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, DremoraDream said:

Okay, the behave in game, they just look like the picture above. I don't think weight is the problem. I only get this warping issue when my sliders not at zero, or if i am using a not zeroed preset. As soon as I move the breast slider up, the items move along, but distort like the picture...

I want them to move along with the slider, but without the warp. I'm starting to think it's not possible, even with the movement tool, because moving the vertices keeps the mesh distorted. Am I doing something wrong with the movement tool?

Can't help you there.  I don't rely on automated tools to make precise adjustments.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, DremoraDream said:

well thank you for your advice so far, I'll keep messing around with what you recommended and see if I can get anywhere new

You're using the wrong tool then. You're going to want to use the "transform" tool instead, you can toggle it with the F key.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, DremoraDream said:

Okay, the behave in game, they just look like the picture above. I don't think weight is the problem. I only get this warping issue when my sliders not at zero, or if i am using a not zeroed preset. As soon as I move the breast slider up, the items move along, but distort like the picture...

I want them to move along with the slider, but without the warp. I'm starting to think it's not possible, even with the movement tool, because moving the vertices keeps the mesh distorted. Am I doing something wrong with the movement tool?

You need to delete sliders from percing, and than make them yourself

Link to comment
8 hours ago, rikaco said:

You're using the wrong tool then. You're going to want to use the "transform" tool instead, you can toggle it with the F key.

I've tried that, adjusting the position even with multiple sliders being edited 1 at a time... I still got the funky distortion... :/

7 hours ago, Indarello said:

You need to delete sliders from percing, and than make them yourself

Make them myself -  Do you mean by creating a brand new slider to move a certain way with the breast?

Link to comment
1 hour ago, DremoraDream said:

I've tried that, adjusting the position even with multiple sliders being edited 1 at a time... I still got the funky distortion... :/

Make them myself -  Do you mean by creating a brand new slider to move a certain way with the breast?

Not exactly,

1)you have seprate project with just piercing

2)this project dont have any slider

3)you add piercing to another project with body

4)you try different sliders and watching if they moving nipple position

5)for example legs thin dont move nipples, boobs big - move

6)you move your piercing to fit nipple with this slider enable

7)do this action again for each slider that require it

 

https://mega.nz/#!GnRWCKib!pgN7E2iNwjBlWaqfaOAOlGf1sLimOpmp07K_jts08Qo

Link to comment
20 minutes ago, Indarello said:

Not exactly,

1)you have seprate project with just piercing

2)this project dont have any slider

3)you add piercing to another project with body

4)you try different sliders and watching if they moving nipple position

5)for example legs thin dont move nipples, boobs big - move

6)you move your piercing to fit nipple with this slider enable

7)do this action again for each slider that require it

i tried it and i get the same result as the picture above, it moves with the nipple but it bends around the breast. 

For example, I added the nipple piercing to a project with the body, set Breast Slider to 100%, then moved the piercing to fit. Next, I did the same thing to BreastsSillyHuge at 100%, then set the nipple to fit that. I did this for all sliders that move breasts/nipples. The piercing still wraps around the breast like the picture instead of looking like it is pointing straight down.

Link to comment
21 minutes ago, DremoraDream said:

i tried it and i get the same result as the picture above, it moves with the nipple but it bends around the breast. 

For example, I added the nipple piercing to a project with the body, set Breast Slider to 100%, then moved the piercing to fit. Next, I did the same thing to BreastsSillyHuge at 100%, then set the nipple to fit that. I did this for all sliders that move breasts/nipples. The piercing still wraps around the breast like the picture instead of looking like it is pointing straight down.

If this happend in game this is wrong bone weights

Bone weight must be same color for whole piercing, more easier to add only 1 or 2 bones for piercing and make them full red

This maybe will look not so realistic but at least not so bad (I mean this figurine on ring must hang a bit to ground)

 

Are you sure that piercing look good in bodyslide tool? try different boobs sliders at the same time

Link to comment
38 minutes ago, DremoraDream said:

Do the bone weights affect body sliders when selecting "Conform All" or "Conform Selected" in Outfit Studio?

bone weight work only in game

When you select Conform All you copy sliders from reference (green color in top right), it can break your self-made sliders

Link to comment
17 minutes ago, Indarello said:

bone weight work only in game

When you select Conform All you copy sliders from reference (green color in top right), it can break your self-made sliders

Okay, I think I get it now. II've been "conform all" to all shapes and I think I did break the selfmade sliders like you said. I'll give it another go without Conform All and see how it goes.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...