The best Skyrim prep guide for long term fun and stability?

Hope this is the right place to put this.

I am about to embark on a new reinstall of Skyrim (not SSE), steam is just installing (clean directory, reg and save files) hardware is as good as I can put together no limitation there, 8700k, 1080ti and game installed in a steam library only m2 Samsung 970 pro drive.

What I am looking for, playable, a fun amount of adult mods, beautiful, lots of sexy clothing, Japanese style female looks, Frostfall, ineeds a few houses, all of the fixes and core content mods but doesn't need to be ENB or flashy.

Am I right in thinking that the STEP system is still the best core "get the game up to playable functionality"

Any suggestions for female models to use and or packs would be gratefully received I haven't done a full re-install in a couple of years.

Oh am I right in thinking that SSE is still a no go for most mods like sexlab? Actually from my research it looks like SSE is viable now. hmm okay.

3 hours ago, calranthe said:

Am I right in thinking that the STEP system is still the best core "get the game up to playable functionality"

It's still good enough or as good as any others to get the base vanilla game stable.

All you need is

Crash Fixes

SKSE Plugin Preloader

ENBoost (if not using a preset)

Load Game CTD Fix which helps with loading with multi-core CPUs and also with ILS.

Bethini to get your ini files configure correctly.

Install mods a bunch at a time to make any trouble-shooting simpler.

Oh, and lots of reading of mod descriptions.

Couple of Pot shots I'd like to throw in before I grab my popcorn the inevitable...

Not sure that Sexy Outfits and Frostfall really work together... Isn't Frostfall a cold environment, immersion mod? Does that really work with skimpy outfits?

Unless by Sexy you meant lots of, particularly attractive, furs.

And, "CBBE is the Best?"

How so? The support for CBBE and UUNP is pretty much the same now.

I always thought that part came down to personal preference.

The only thing I could say for CBBE over UUNP would be COSIO is CBBE.

A bit off-topic I know but if there is something else that makes CBBE superior to UUNP I would be happy to hear it

My own load order is pretty stable, I've not crashed in at least an hour... I have been out of the game for about 40minutes tho'

3 hours ago, Mez558 said:

Couple of Pot shots I'd like to throw in before I grab my popcorn the inevitable...

Not sure that Sexy Outfits and Frostfall really work together... Isn't Frostfall a cold environment, immersion mod? Does that really work with skimpy outfits?

Unless by Sexy you meant lots of, particularly attractive, furs.

Skyrim modding is all about personal choice, if I would like "magical" sexy female armor that handles the cold because of "magic" which is no less real than a dragon flying and fireballs from fingers then that is personal choice and works.

Archived