Up-To-Date Animation guide for beginner

2 hours ago, DremoraDream said:

I want to see if I could try my hand at animating for this game. I know it looks rough...where do I begin aside from this link? https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16694/?tab=posts

My understanding, as I know it right now, is that 3DMax is a must. Blender supposedly works, but I've never been able to get Blender to recognize NifTools or animation tools. Obviously, 3DMax is extremely expensive, and you have to buy a key every year or it locks up. My 2013 is in this state ATM........I need a key, but can't afford it, and when I DID buy one, I couldn't find the 2013, only 2018 & above.

If I could get my 3DMax running again, I'd make all kinds of animations, armor, clothing & weapons. Alternatively, if the NIF people would make a copy of Niftools that works with 2018 3DMax, that's work too.

:no_mouth:

6 hours ago, Vader666 said:

You can get a free student licence for 3 years.

The issue isn't 3ds max but the havok content tools you need to get usable animations out of max, which aren't available anymore...

or at least leagally.

I tried max with skyrim once upon a time, the student version. It wasn't compatible with some of the functions that the full version was when trying to achieve certain projects...would I have that same issue with Fallout + the Student version...? From what it sounds like.... it doesn't matter as max will kinda not support the havok functions you mentioned....

So how are Savage Cabbage and Rufgt able able to continuously support new anims, including the advanced forms for fusion girl? (Am I asking the wrong, nonsensical questions?)

cuz $3000 is insane for a program that sounds to not support a staple function with havok..

43 minutes ago, DremoraDream said:

It wasn't compatible with some of the functions that the full version

The student version is the full version, just licenced for non commercial use and limited to 3 years.

Every animation i did was done with a student version of max 15.

Max still supports havok, but since havok was bought by Microsoft the content tools aren't freely available anymore.

They just decided to stop the free giveaway of HCT.

31 minutes ago, Vader666 said:

The student version is the full version, just licenced for non commercial use and limited to 3 years.

Every animation i did was done with a student version of max 15.

Max still supports havok, but since havok was bought by Microsoft the content tools aren't freely available anymore.

They just decided to stop the free giveaway of HCT.

I'm at the Autodesk website. Where do I go to get a key for 2013? All I see is 2018 & 19..........

:/

12 hours ago, VonHelton said:

Where do I go to get a key for 2013?

Autodesk only supports the last 3 or 4 versions on their site for download.

There was a link floating around to a 30 day trial version of max 13, but not sure where it went.

If you already got max13 you could just ask the autodesk guys to get a student licence for it.

Archived