Has Anyone Else Tried theNew XRE Cars Mod?

wardminator

Just played around with the XRE Cars mod that was just released on the Nexus... http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/49042/

Has anyone else tried out this mod yet, even though it has only been out a day now? I love the concept, and the fuel stations add incredible depth to the mod, but stability seems to be an issue as my game crashed frequently after installing it. I'm kind of wondering if anyone else didn't have the same experience I did.

Wow, that sounds absolutely awesome. I tried his vertibird one and that just blew my mind away. It really annoys me that people like these don't even get paid and push the engine up to its limit and beyond, and this is the result., and yet...

A multi-million dollar company that is paid to produce a game can't come up with something as "simple" as a vehicle.

Says a lot, both about human perseverance and modern gaming development practices.

The cars are one thing, it's the service stations that blow my mind. It would be good to have a vehicle that could transport companions rather than having them run behind and then take forever to catch up. I was thinking that maybe the flatbed truck would be great for multiple companions. The problem there is scripting it so that they would all jump in back, but if her can make those service stations work like they do, I'm sure he can figure out something to make it work. I'm definitely going to be watching this mod.

Wow' date=' that sounds absolutely awesome. I tried his vertibird one and that just blew my mind away. It really annoys me that people like these don't even get paid and push the engine up to its limit and beyond, and this is the result., and yet...

A multi-million dollar company that is paid to produce a game can't come up with something as "simple" as a vehicle.

Says a lot, both about human perseverance and modern gaming development practices.

[/quote']

To be fair, there was a lot of stuff the devs wanted in that got cut because of time constraints. One thing modders DO have that paid devs don't... is time.

[video=youtube]

Well, It's a very cool mod for driving around the game, but I'm hoping that once the bugs are gone, they'd try for something more fun like the vehicles from HL2 or Borderlands. Vehicles with mounted weapons to turn the Mojave into a Road Warrior battleground.

Too bad modders have to find ways past the limitations of Beth's game engine to actually get the same versatility that many other types of engines already allow.

Archived