Jump to content
IGNORED

Need help with 'Atomic Beauty' (Nexus Mod for Fallout 4)


Recommended Posts

So, I've been struggling with this for a while now. I can't seem to set up the 'Atomic Beauty' mod up for Fallout 4.

If you go to this link: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12406 , you will see the mod I'm referring to. Anyway, on that site, it has a bunch, and I mean A BUNCH of requirements, most of which are presets. This made me believe not all of them were really required at all... however, some of them had text next to them saying this one was 'REQUIRED FOR BODY' or 'Please make sure you have these installed' etc., you get the gist. So I downloaded all of them with vortex, did the preset thing with BodySlide and booted up Fallout 4 and low and behold! It- it didn't work. I asked about this in the forums a few days ago (under the name DbroKing) but got no answer yet, sooo I thought you guys would come up with help quicker.

 

What I mainly need is an easy to understand step by step plan of how to go from vanilla Fallout 4 to Atomic Beauty modded. I don't really need any other mods with it yet (apart from the required ones of course), but if it's easy and you recommend it, don't hesitate to add it in the list.

   
   

Thanks in advance.

 

(P.S. if you have a recommended mod that has something to do with furries, leave it. I'm no fan of it. No offense.)

Link to comment
1 hour ago, NotHereForever said:

So, I've been struggling with this for a while now. I can't seem to set up the 'Atomic Beauty' mod up for Fallout 4.

If you go to this link: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12406 , you will see the mod I'm referring to. Anyway, on that site, it has a bunch, and I mean A BUNCH of requirements, most of which are presets. This made me believe not all of them were really required at all... however, some of them had text next to them saying this one was 'REQUIRED FOR BODY' or 'Please make sure you have these installed' etc., you get the gist. So I downloaded all of them with vortex, did the preset thing with BodySlide and booted up Fallout 4 and low and behold! It- it didn't work. I asked about this in the forums a few days ago (under the name DbroKing) but got no answer yet, sooo I thought you guys would come up with help quicker.

 

What I mainly need is an easy to understand step by step plan of how to go from vanilla Fallout 4 to Atomic Beauty modded. I don't really need any other mods with it yet (apart from the required ones of course), but if it's easy and you recommend it, don't hesitate to add it in the list.

   
   

Thanks in advance.

 

(P.S. if you have a recommended mod that has something to do with furries, leave it. I'm no fan of it. No offense.)

 What exactly is not working? You sure you specified your Data folder in body slide? Also, for body mod to work you require only the mod itself and skeleton I believe. Notice that right under requirements it shows "This mod does not have any known dependencies other than the base game.", and those you write about refer to "Mods requiring this file [Atomic Beauty]".

Link to comment

It says on the the dropdown after you click on requirements

This mod does not have any known dependencies other than the base game.

Means you don;t have to install anything for it to work, If you want to use the various presets it has listed it means you have to have AB installed first for them to work.

 

So first step, check did you actually install AB or just the presets? search for it or look for Atomicbeauty.esp in your data folder. 

if Yes Skip to step 3.

if No, install it.

1. DL it using file manager (Vortex, NMM, etc)

2. Let it install for you.

3. Open Bodyslider

4. Click on preview

5. Click on text in Outfit/Body to get the dropdown window and scroll down to Atomic Beauty.

6. Click on it. in Preview the body should have changed from whatever you had to AB.

7. Click on text in Preset to bring up the dropown menu and scroll to a preset to change how it looks.

8. Hit Build when you're done or it will NOT change the femalebody.nif to show your new body and keep the old one.

 

Good idea to do the same for all the AB compatible clothes you intend to wear by using the Outfit Filter. Type AB into the Outfit Filter field ( top right) and then click batch build ( bottom left) and then click Build to convert them to the same preset as the body.

 

 

Link to comment
On 11/16/2019 at 4:59 PM, Toselli said:

 What exactly is not working? You sure you specified your Data folder in body slide? Also, for body mod to work you require only the mod itself and skeleton I believe. Notice that right under requirements it shows "This mod does not have any known dependencies other than the base game.", and those you write about refer to "Mods requiring this file [Atomic Beauty]".

ooooooooooooh, that makes sense. Guess I didn't see that. Thanks for mentioning that!

Link to comment
On 11/17/2019 at 11:19 AM, Citrakite said:

It says on the the dropdown after you click on requirements

This mod does not have any known dependencies other than the base game.

Means you don;t have to install anything for it to work, If you want to use the various presets it has listed it means you have to have AB installed first for them to work.

 

So first step, check did you actually install AB or just the presets? search for it or look for Atomicbeauty.esp in your data folder. 

if Yes Skip to step 3.

if No, install it.

1. DL it using file manager (Vortex, NMM, etc)

2. Let it install for you.

3. Open Bodyslider

4. Click on preview

5. Click on text in Outfit/Body to get the dropdown window and scroll down to Atomic Beauty.

6. Click on it. in Preview the body should have changed from whatever you had to AB.

7. Click on text in Preset to bring up the dropown menu and scroll to a preset to change how it looks.

8. Hit Build when you're done or it will NOT change the femalebody.nif to show your new body and keep the old one.

 

Good idea to do the same for all the AB compatible clothes you intend to wear by using the Outfit Filter. Type AB into the Outfit Filter field ( top right) and then click batch build ( bottom left) and then click Build to convert them to the same preset as the body.

 

 

Thank you! I will try this as soon as I'm not too busy with other things.

 

Edit: I tried this, but I don't know when the mod is in effect. Also, I can't find a preset for some reason... I installed a few things, clicked on Atomic Beauty in the dropdown, but the dropdown of presets was empty, even though I assumed I installed some presets. Just to be sure, what do presets consist of and when in the game do you know the mod works? (Also, I think the loadinglogo changes when AB is in effect, but this does not happen with me. Thought I'd let you know.)

Link to comment
On 11/17/2019 at 11:19 AM, Citrakite said:

It says on the the dropdown after you click on requirements

This mod does not have any known dependencies other than the base game.

Means you don;t have to install anything for it to work, If you want to use the various presets it has listed it means you have to have AB installed first for them to work.

 

So first step, check did you actually install AB or just the presets? search for it or look for Atomicbeauty.esp in your data folder. 

if Yes Skip to step 3.

if No, install it.

1. DL it using file manager (Vortex, NMM, etc)

2. Let it install for you.

3. Open Bodyslider

4. Click on preview

5. Click on text in Outfit/Body to get the dropdown window and scroll down to Atomic Beauty.

6. Click on it. in Preview the body should have changed from whatever you had to AB.

7. Click on text in Preset to bring up the dropown menu and scroll to a preset to change how it looks.

8. Hit Build when you're done or it will NOT change the femalebody.nif to show your new body and keep the old one.

 

Good idea to do the same for all the AB compatible clothes you intend to wear by using the Outfit Filter. Type AB into the Outfit Filter field ( top right) and then click batch build ( bottom left) and then click Build to convert them to the same preset as the body.

 

 

So I realised you probably won't get a notification for edited answers... my bad.

 

I tried this, but I don't know when the mod is in effect. Also, I can't find a preset for some reason... I installed a few things, clicked on Atomic Beauty in the dropdown, but the dropdown of presets was empty, even though I assumed I installed some presets. Just to be sure, what do presets consist of and when in the game do you know the mod works? 'Cause I kept playing 'till I saw the female character, which was always the same.

(Also, I think the loading logo changes when AB is in effect, but this does not happen with me. Thought I'd let you know.)

Link to comment

Ok, so I'm not sure if this is cause of an update, but it definitely doesn't work with me. I don't know if it is because I don't find a preset, if it is cause of the update or something else, but whenever I see my character in third person, her face is not the correct colour, her upperforehead has a void-ish black tint and the mod Atomic Beauty is quite surely not in effect.

 

Please, I still need assistance! I'm too stupid to figure this out on my own!

Link to comment
On 11/18/2019 at 10:42 AM, NotHereForever said:

Thank you! I will try this as soon as I'm not too busy with other things.

 

Edit: I tried this, but I don't know when the mod is in effect. Also, I can't find a preset for some reason... I installed a few things, clicked on Atomic Beauty in the dropdown, but the dropdown of presets was empty, even though I assumed I installed some presets. Just to be sure, what do presets consist of and when in the game do you know the mod works? (Also, I think the loadinglogo changes when AB is in effect, but this does not happen with me. Thought I'd let you know.)

Well you'd see the chara has giant tits than Vanilla for one thing. Slider presets would be a XML file under Data/tools/bodyslide/Sliderpresets. Usually with a giant AB n the name somewhere

AB.png.bd823394e97ea8453756b033fe82eeaa.png


You have to pick a AB outfit or body (Atomic Beauty Body) for the preset folder to work.drop.png.f1fb635c9b165628e9c80d1196ad3618.png

 

Issues with the Face are usually because some texture in the face (lips, makeup, scars, eyebrows, etc) doesn't have the same resolution as other parts. You got to check to see if any mod you have changes how the face appears and that they match your Face texture ( 512 for 512, 1028k for 1k or HD DLC pack , etc). I ended up using 2K Face texture with Looks Menu Customization Compendium 2k Face patch to fix my brown face.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...