How to remove excess texture?

Texture tool can delete unassigned textures, the problem is a lot of mods don't delete unused tmcobjects cleanly, they simply zero the vertices, which leaves the textures  assigned.
Open the tmc in tmc object tool, find the subobject with 0 vertex counts and delete, or manually assign the texture slots to a dummy texture, save, quit.
Now reopen in texture tool and the textures should be unassigned and deletable

1.thumb.jpg.e9c6b99ac44ee34ab6fef34ff5809cf0.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.2ead98449fbbcab59cb4a08132d35df9.jpg3.thumb.jpg.db17cf167556edf386959855f827e493.jpg

18 hours ago, funtcase said:

Texture tool can delete unassigned textures, the problem is a lot of mods don't delete unused tmcobjects cleanly, they simply zero the vertices, which leaves the textures  assigned.
Open the tmc in tmc object tool, find the subobject with 0 vertex counts and delete, or manually assign the texture slots to a dummy texture, save, quit.
Now reopen in texture tool and the textures should be unassigned and deletable

1.thumb.jpg.e9c6b99ac44ee34ab6fef34ff5809cf0.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.2ead98449fbbcab59cb4a08132d35df9.jpg3.thumb.jpg.db17cf167556edf386959855f827e493.jpg

Thanks for the answer!
I wrote about Texture Tool 1.3.  But according to your screenshots, I see that you are using Texture Tool JPN. I have it, but I thought that this tool is in Japanese and therefore did not use it. :)
Now I will test it.
So, can I delete all objects with zero vertices? I often see such objects in mods, but I thought that they are necessary for something, is it just rubbish left over from old mods?
Then, if I delete all these empty objects, can I increase the FPS in the game?

Thanks very much!

sometimes they are necessary , mods with destroyable clothing use the zero vert objects with the hidden/visible flags to trigger the costume break, but these  usually have the texture slots assigned to the small black dummy textures.
Remember to make backups of your files before deleting any subobjects in case they are required for the mod to work.
As for the japanese language stuff, that suite of tools has a file called  "Language.dat.disable", rename it to Language.dat and the tool will (mostly) translate to english.

Archived