Elder Scrolls : Online MMO " any thoughts"

Guest Lady Luck

i just realize i'm nerding the fuck out of my self when i forgot the lore on the online counterpart based on 200 years before skyrim fully established btw jexsam apologize for dumb reference when i research things about timeline ' date='it's way different from the factions that already in because i realize "ulfric" is the key.

[/quote']

I hope I am miss reading this and you arent saying that

eso takes place 200 years before skyim because that is just silly

Why would you remove the Imperials from being playable. This had better be Daggerfall level amazing or I'm gonna be pissed at them for removing my default race. At this point' date=' why not also revert the Orcs back to being monsters only?

[/quote']

impies arent playable because they arent impies yet ie the empire of the septim line has not formed yet

as for the payment model no comment

Guest Lady Luck

i just realize i'm nerding the fuck out of my self when i forgot the lore on the online counterpart based on 200 years before skyrim fully established btw jexsam apologize for dumb reference when i research things about timeline ' date='it's way different from the factions that already in because i realize "ulfric" is the key.

[/quote']

I hope I am miss reading this and you arent saying that

eso takes place 200 years before skyim because that is just silly

Why would you remove the Imperials from being playable. This had better be Daggerfall level amazing or I'm gonna be pissed at them for removing my default race. At this point' date=' why not also revert the Orcs back to being monsters only?

[/quote']

impies arent playable because they arent impies yet ie the empire of the septim line has not formed yet

as for the payment model no comment

lol i mean before XD , i was tired when i reply that sorry >.>, and again like sammy said the imperials barely established at this time of year because they don't have organized faction yet ... its how they started

if you guys watch elder scrolls timeline you know its that stupid treaty made them back off , because nords always know "WE don't give a damn about that peace treaty"

Okay' date=' yeah; technically, before the founding of the Third Empire, they weren't called Imperials. But that doesn't excuse removing them as a playable race, especially since they've been around since well before the First Era.

[/quote']

Actualy it does because at that point in the history all men of tamriel were considered to be either nord or redgaurd or breton it was not until cyrodil was established as a nation of its own that a distiction was made between its inhabitants and the rest of the humans of tamriel

Okay' date=' yeah; technically, before the founding of the Third Empire, they weren't called Imperials. But that doesn't excuse removing them as a playable race, especially since they've been around since well before the First Era.

[/quote']

Actualy it does because at that point in the history all men of tamriel were considered to be either nord or redgaurd or breton it was not until cyrodil was established as a nation of its own that a distiction was made between its inhabitants and the rest of the humans of tamriel

How does that change that they are people from Cyrodiil with their own culture and abilities and always have been since the Ayleid Empire?

Call them Cyrodiilic or Colovian or whatever, removing them entirely is just plain lazy.

Ah what do I care, this colossal mistake will bomb like every WoW pretender before it. I only hope Bethesda aren't stupid enough to let themselves be taken down with it.

Worst case scenario, Zenimax Online folds inside a year and Bethesda quietly pretends it never existed.

Realistically, it'll chug on for a year as P2P before making an F2P conversion. If they go the garbage route (TOR) they'll choke and die before their second anniversary. If they do things a little smarter (DDO, LotRO, or better yet, STO) they could live a relatively healthy life and go on for five or so years.

[/quote']

How does that change that they are people from Cyrodiil with their own culture and abilities and always have been since the Ayleid Empire?

Call them Cyrodiilic or Colovian or whatever, removing them entirely is just plain lazy.

Ah what do I care, this colossal mistake will bomb like every WoW pretender before it. I only hope Bethesda aren't stupid enough to let themselves be taken down with it.

Well really, what we know of the people of Cyrodiil is mostly all based on the Third Era. If you remove the Imperial bit, then they lack things like Imperial Luck and Voice of the Emperor. At that point, they're basically just short Nords who lack any racial bonuses. And if you introduce new racial bonuses, you open all kinds of possibilities continuity rifts.

Like with levitation, I know why they did what they did, but it still doesn't make me hate it any less.

[/quote']

Well really, what we know of the people of Cyrodiil is mostly all based on the Third Era. If you remove the Imperial bit, then they lack things like Imperial Luck and Voice of the Emperor. At that point, they're basically just short Nords who lack any racial bonuses. And if you introduce new racial bonuses, you open all kinds of possibilities continuity rifts.

Like with levitation, I know why they did what they did, but it still doesn't make me hate it any less.

Or you could just rename them to something like Cyrodiilic Charm and Ambitious Luck. There I solved that problem in 4 seconds.

I stand by my statement that they are lazy.

More info:

Hell, even half of the provided information on this video is legit,well, then my fellow TES fanboys we are at the gates of a nostalgic experience but with the addition of multiplayer functionality.To sum up the info for people bored to see a 30 min video here goes...

According to the podcaster, Zenimax gave permittion/invitation to several TES veterans found from online Guilds and online forums inorder to have a meeting on the subject of what are the features that make a game a TES game experience.After that, they were given the exclusiveness of playing a preAlpha version of the game!The highlights leaked out of this gamethrough were:

1)Interaction with the enviroment (you can loot from static objects like tables and furnitures, several things just like Skyrim or Oblivion)

2)Fully voiced character dialogues for all conversation with NPCs

3)First and third person pov with the use of scroll bar

4)PC user friendly UI with neither too many info nor too few (that is, neither Skyrim crap UI nor WOW like)

5)Freedom of movement (you can go everywhere you see (that is, no fake background but actuall meshes for distant scenery that can be approached)

5)Clashes are starter points,you can be anything you want

6)You can wear and use anything you whant in the game despite your fuction or class you belong

7)Advanced AI for enviromental opponents (creatures or hostile NPCs deal and fight diffrenty a player who is using rogue,battlemage,spellcaster,barbarian or whatever tactics.They say that enemy AI will be using the so called synergy against you too).

8)They even mentioned killcam functionality....

and lot more...

Maybe there is hope!!

1)Interaction with the enviroment (you can loot from static objects like tables and furnitures, several things just like Skyrim or Oblivion)

And just like every other MMO ever.

This is akin to saying "You can press spacebar to jump!"

2)Fully voiced character dialogues for all conversation with NPCs

Because everybody who played SWTOR really cared about that and didn't hit skip repeatedly.

4)PC user friendly UI with neither too many info nor too few (that is, neither Skyrim crap UI nor WOW like)

Oh gee. A game being developed for the PC and as of now a PC exclusive is going to have a UI suitable for PCs. No shit, Bethesda!

6)You can wear and use anything you whant in the game despite your fuction or class you belong

But if you want anything worthwhile be prepared to make raids and/or pvp your seconds job just like every single other MMO out there.

Mark my words.

Maybe there is hope!!

Every single MMO makes similar claims before quietly falling into obscurity.

The only hope I have is that they won't waste too much resources on this embarassing boondoggle.

Don't particularly care about this game one way or another, besides the possibility of delaying the next single player series. Since it's a separate studio, I have my hopes up that TES 6 won't be delayed that much. (and then they can show that MMO doesn't work, and go back to making great single player games)

I want to believe that there will be no reasons for this game to be a factor of resources being spent as burden for future games developement, since Zenimax claims to be producing the game for five years now (whatever that means, since obviously they will be using tweeked premade meshes from older games in order to achieve 'a feel of Tamriel'(that being good or bad is in the eye of the beholder).I think that the game's developement status as of now has to be in a state of testing the playability with online features,that is, the game engine and all must have been finished long ago.Probably finished the time Skyrim was puplished.I believe people on Zenimax were paid by profits of Oblivion and Skyrim and now wait to be paid more by profits of this game.If i were in their shoes, the main reason for me to develop such a game would be to win over the MMO fans that have heard a lot for the TES games but never liked the single player rpg experienve, that is, making a MMO that incorporates features of TES games (again whatever that may means),now if they do it in a way that TES fans like too,then all the better for them (more profits).If bethesda wanted to please exclusively the TES  fans they would develop a single player TES game (which they did or didn't by making Skyrim in 2011 (with all it's problems)).But beside the TES fans,there are the FO fans and so on.I don't think bethesda/zenimax is a company of small calliber that has not taken into acount a possible backfire of such an endeavour.They wouldn't in any case make such an oppening in a whole different game gender if they hadn't secured their footing first..and guess what,they secured it with profits made out of oblivion,rage,FO games,skyrim,dishonored.Now they ask for job applications in their site for their next project (probably a FO4).If they screw things there,then it's another matter but i wouldn't hold my breath over it!Anyway i wouldn't like to be missunderstood here because i too am not a great fan of MMO games.I find them extremely shallow and repetitive but if they want to make projects and business let them.The result might be great for TES fans or bad,either way i wont be seeing it as an obstacle for us having TES 6 after a reasonable amount of time.Those are my thoughts on the game and thank you for reading them.Hope you wont kill me here.. :lol:

^ Saw that video several days ago and I must say, he makes a lot of really good points. More people really need to see that video. 

As for my thoughts on ESO, I honestly don't care all that much. It looks okay, but I have lost a lot of faith in ES ever since Oblivion (which, along with Skyrim, is only redeemed partially by the many amazing mods that it has). I'm also trying to avoid getting hyped for it since I was pretty hyped for SWTOR and we all know how THAT ended up :dodgy:

I've seen videos, arguments, and more that try to convince skeptics and those on the fence but I am not convinced. Devs can promise whatever they'd like and no matter how awesome it may sound on paper or on an interview, what really matters is the final product. Keep in mind that I don't want ESO to fail (necessarily, I kind of would like to laugh in the faces of hyped up gamers, but still), I would like it to succeed and to appeal to me (which could also appeal to others).

Those are my thoughts on it. Also, shouldn't this thread be in the Game's section and not the Skyrim section? ESO and TES 5 Skyrim are two different games. 

• 1 month later...

From what I just heard Elder Scrolls Online is PVP based with very little PvE now after the developers decided to change it.

That is going to kill that game off.....

And reason for this is the player base will complain and complain that certain classes/races are overpowered in a PvP environment. This is why I prefer to keep MMOs and RPGs seperate. You're paying for a game that's still technically a beta since balance patches are constantly implemented to ensure the player base is satisfied, although no one ever stops whining about their class not being able to beat something else. What would of happened to the game of Chess if the rules were constantly changed to suit the mass of complaints?

They also added first person combat if im not mistaken...well seems like the game will be full of 13yr olds, flooding the chat with insults and toilet humor.

One of the many, many reasons I am not the least bit interested in even trying this game. Rather they spend their time on Fallout 4 or something. :sleepy:

They also added first person combat if im not mistaken...well seems like the game will be full of 13yr olds, flooding the chat with insults and toilet humor.

One of the many, many reasons I am not the least bit interested in even trying this game. Rather they spend their time on Fallout 4 or something. :sleepy:

Yeah, would be cool if the team on this mmo, rather worked on Fallout 4, they seriously need some fresh blood in their ranks, because if the same team that was working on skyrim, will work on Fallout 4, my expectations arent exactly...high.

Despite how I probably won't like it, as I have grown bored with every online game I have played, I will probably get it. I am just curious how it will turn out.

Its going to be the same old thing, everyone is playing it safe, i doubt you will see anything that wasnt already a part in other hundreds of mmo's.

...and some manchildren, as Cozy likes to put it; there's no shortage of such creatures.

I don't think I'll want to play this, having gone through at least six MMOs but never got enough time to play them.