Random freezes

lexus

Hello i wanted to ask the community if they could help me wih my problem, my game freezes randomly when i'm outside and i don't know why it happens or if theres a fix for it some people say that it is because the mods which changes the texture from the outside of skyrim could that be?

Could be a number of things, too many mods, mods your computer can't handle, but a good thing to check is go into the 'Data Files' section in your Skyrim launcher and if you have any steam mods that are checked off, but say 'No' under the 'Subscribed?' side then uncheck them. That was causing mine to crash for awhile until I figured out and fixed that.

I've found that the most common cause for a game freezing is not meshes or textures or even memory usage.

Its mods that modify the world space.

Like armour and weapons (lying around or inside a chest) and custom player homes... especially player homes.

Which is why in my latest play through I've had no custom player homes.

Due to this my game has never frozen once, even after more than 200Hrs of playing.

Compared to the game before where every time I'd get close to any holds gates/entrance it would freeze.

I also use TES5Edit to remove the "cell" from all weapons and armour mods to further reduce the change to the world space.

There's no need for them to lay around if you can forge them.

In my case, sudden freezes happen after i installed skyrim redone and warzones.I started ofcourse a new game but the freezes d happen.I really hope warzones is the problem (and not skyrim redone) since it adds more than 2000 npcs in the world.I haven't tried it yet with warzones uninstalle but i really crosh my fingers!

From my experience freezes are form mods uninstalled and the savegame try to run scripts that don't exist anymore. And then the freezes. Also from my experience when this kind of freezes start, the savegame is lost you may want to load an older one, but in time will happen again, only to managed somehow to find what is the mod that caused problem and load a savegame before installing that game. So the best solution is starting a new game. Last night i started again a new game because of this problem. It's my 3rd savegame that i can't play anymore. And that is because i installed and uninstalled and installed again mods with lots of scripts. So be careful what mods are you installing in the first place, because skyrim can't create clean saves like oblivion, and when uninstalling mods that used scripts sometimes the information from the scrips remain in the savegame,and from here the problems. Also keep track of the mods you are installing and always make backups before installing a new mod.

• 4 months later...

I've had this issue since patch 1.6, talked it over on the nexus forums and never figured it out. I've reinstalled several times, but I just re install all the same mods so it makes no difference. I clean everything with tes5edit, my system is fully capable of running the game. I monitor everything, my heat my ram usage my cpu usage my vram everything.

I use gamebooster all that type of shit you can think of I do it. My load order is good, so I'm at a total loss. Nobody has been able to help me, they always come up with same lame shit, that I thought of months ago. My game regularlly uses more then 2.5g of ram, so maybe that's the issue? I wasn't aware that that was a problem, thought the new exe was a 4gb. I'm trying right now with no script mods active, to see if the freezing stops. The problem is, it's completely random it's not reproduceable. And even so, if it is the script mods I'm not going to stop using them. If that's the source of the problem I will probably just uninstall this shitty console port of a game and just be done with it.  Oh, and before anyone says, dude start a new game. I start a new game everytime I change my mods, I'm not a newb at beth games. (goes back to lame shit people like to suggest)

I've had this issue since patch 1.6, talked it over on the nexus forums and never figured it out. I've reinstalled several times, but I just re install all the same mods so it makes no difference. I clean everything with tes5edit, my system is fully capable of running the game. I monitor everything, my heat my ram usage my cpu usage my vram everything.

I use gamebooster all that type of shit you can think of I do it. My load order is good, so I'm at a total loss. Nobody has been able to help me, they always come up with same lame shit, that I thought of months ago. My game regularlly uses more then 2.5g of ram, so maybe that's the issue? I wasn't aware that that was a problem, thought the new exe was a 4gb. I'm trying right now with no script mods active, to see if the freezing stops. The problem is, it's completely random it's not reproduceable. And even so, if it is the script mods I'm not going to stop using them. If that's the source of the problem I will probably just uninstall this shitty console port of a game and just be done with it.  Oh, and before anyone says, dude start a new game. I start a new game everytime I change my mods, I'm not a newb at beth games. (goes back to lame shit people like to suggest)

So basically the exe for skyrim is coded in 32 bit, meaning it is only allowed to natively utilize 1.8~2.0 gigs of ram. The EXE was later flagged by bethesda to be LAA or Large Address Aware which allows it to use ~4.0 gigs, but since it was never properly coded to utilize more than 2 gigs (64 bit architecture) anything over it is a crap shoot for stability depending on the system of the user, it can be rock solid for some and not so much for others.

Another thing is the fact the game does alot of graphic rendering on the CPU instead of GPU such as the shadow coding, so using an enb with all the shadow based stuff like sky lighting and mountain/tree shadow tweaks in the INI can increase the exe usage.

I don't use enb's, waste of resources. You can get the same effect from none demanding mods like dynavision and imaginator. unless you want a bunch of shitty effects in your game like lense flare. Shadows look better in enb's, but the amount of ram and vram enb's use aren't worth it.

Archived