I would like to make animations for FO4, but ...

Hello everybody!

So I recently bought FO4 and so far I really like it. But there are just very very few animation mods for this game. For Skyrim you can get all sorts of naughty animations, but not for this game. I found this very disturbing. So instead of just complaining about it, like others do, I started to learn about how the whole "custom animations in Fallout 4" works. I found a great tutorial somewhere and all, and I was about to get started when I found out something really depressing:

You need the 2013 version of 3DS MAX to create custom animations for Fallout 4 and to export them to be used in the game.

At first I thought I will just get the free student version thing or buy it, but older versions of 3DS MAX are not sold anymore.

I mean I am willing to spend money on this, they don't sell it.

Then I tought I will just, you know, get it somewhere else .... you know ....

But I have never done such a thing before and I don't know where to start. All I found was links to websites that just showed ads and crap like that ...

So I think I can't get the 2013 version of 3DS MAX.

I feel really shitty right now, because I want to contribute to this community instead of just complaining and asking other modders for stuff.

I really want to, but I can't because of this stupid program ......

I can't be the only one who had to aquire this piece of shit software after they discontinued it to make animations for FO4.

So I want to know how did you get it?

I just don't know what to do or who to ask ...

2 hours ago, Leander Galanodel said:

Hello everybody!

So I recently bought FO4 and so far I really like it. But there are just very very few animation mods for this game. For Skyrim you can get all sorts of naughty animations, but not for this game. I found this very disturbing. So instead of just complaining about it, like others do, I started to learn about how the whole "custom animations in Fallout 4" works. I found a great tutorial somewhere and all, and I was about to get started when I found out something really depressing:

You need the 2013 version of 3DS MAX to create custom animations for Fallout 4 and to export them to be used in the game.

At first I thought I will just get the free student version thing or buy it, but older versions of 3DS MAX are not sold anymore.

I mean I am willing to spend money on this, they don't sell it.

Then I tought I will just, you know, get it somewhere else .... you know ....

But I have never done such a thing before and I don't know where to start. All I found was links to websites that just showed ads and crap like that ...

So I think I can't get the 2013 version of 3DS MAX.

I feel really shitty right now, because I want to contribute to this community instead of just complaining and asking other modders for stuff.

I really want to, but I can't because of this stupid program ......

I can't be the only one who had to aquire this piece of shit software after they discontinued it to make animations for FO4.

So I want to know how did you get it?

I just don't know what to do or who to ask ...

2015 3ds max also works (it is the last version that worked with havooktools)

33 minutes ago, Indarello said:

2015 3ds max also works (it is the last version that worked with havooktools)

Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes, but I just checked again and the earliest version I can download from the Autodesk site is the 2017 version of 3DS MAX.

So I am screwed .....

It's just not fair that people who didn't get this program back in the day are "locked out" of making custom animations for FO4. No wonder that there are so few animations for this game.

Well if anybody knows anything, please help ....

Archived