LoversNTRBurglar translation

UPDATED - now that I know the starting language, machine translation worked rather better! :rolleyes: So, the file has been updated with a simple machine translation. I've left my first attempt attached also, for amusement.

This is a "netorare" mod - that seems to be what the NTR stands for. Apparently it's a fetish involving infidelity, perhaps intentional, with the player unable to prevent it.

Requirements: Just Lovers. It appears to work fine with the current version

Function:

The setting spell allows the player to select one female NPC to be the target. If the player doesn't see that NPC for a random time (averaging a week), the NPC will be visited (when indoors and alone) by "burglars". The setting spell allows the choice of whether the player is notified or not.

If the player enters once the burglars are active, the player is immobilized (rationalize as the burglars threatening the NPC's life) while they finish with her.

Changes:

Replaced NPC names (xLoversNTRburglar00 & 01 & 02 with "Burglar 1" (and 2 & 3)

Renamed spell: Setting Spell

Added rough translation to comments in scripts

In SettingSpell script, changed a couple of message boxes to make it clear what's being checked

fixed mismatched quotes due to foreign characters, line 67

Totally changed flow, so third option exits with the settings chosen. No more stuck loop.

Replaced dialogue with machine translation, some is still bizarre.

LoversNTRburglar.7z

LoversNTRburglar updated.7z

I would be grateful if anyone with more talent (so, many people) could actually translate the dialogue properly - I'm not even sure exactly what the source language was, though I worked with a traditional Chinese assumption.[/Quote]

The original .esp is a Russian one, try that's really better than chinese ;)

First convert in cyrillic

then translate.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

...how long would it take to become competent enough with the creation kit to make it myself?

How should we know ?

You must create a new Mod for Skyrim.

Create a NPC, add dialogs  ...and then the scripts.   Don't know what you can do with the CK. ( I can't do it,  I only mod Oblivion )

is it possible to port this to skyrim? or how long would it take to become competent enough with the creation kit to make it myself? it's just one isolated event which i think is comparatively basic.

More complicated than you'd ever think.  You'd need to understand Skyrim scripting very well.  

Either way, this is the Oblivion section.  If you'd like to request something like this, then post a request in the request section for Skyrim.  Most of the folks that mod Oblivion, don't mod Skyrim.  Two completely different games and sets of tools.  Almost nothing is the same.