PC Vs Console

Guest Lady Luck

Guest Lady Luck

I like consoles because there are no driver issues .

Lol man you totally wrong here you said console didn't have driver issues " wait " am i seeing things here' date=' what about red ring of death [ xbox 360'] what about the ps3 can get a yellow light of death , do not judge easily on pc , because veteran pc owner they know how to avoid bs like this , a smart pc user will install water cooling hardware on their pc to avoid GPU failure or hardrive is overheating. it's all about constant caring on pc , but if you say console is superior that is totally wrong. " knowing limits when to stop playing"

and for the record DLC feature on console is totally retarded who wanted to buy 29.99$ for a freaking dlc , seriously i'm sick and tired on console dictate payed dlc let alone buying game sometime the game can be 40.00$ - 60.00$.

oh don't get me started on mmorpg game " FREE TO PLAY" oh ok free then why the fuck the game used microbullshit point , but paying f2p mmorpg wow microsoft way to go to cheat your customer.

This is why xbox is failing , they advert free to play mmorpg and you know what i'm done online gaming on console.

this is why pc has so many advantage because we don't get force on that stupid shit that uses points to get a game , on pc we can just order a game or download digitally with one purchased you don't see that on console , there's certain game that require dlc to play otherwise you can't play the game how's that for a 2013 gaming experience Especially JRPG games on xbox , The most annoying shit that pisses me off since xbox ever released.

why i love ps3 not only blu ray is expensive , but at least you they don't charge you on online , plus the dlc is much cheaper then xbox, the bad t hing on ps3 good luck having stable Ping playing online game 98% i gurruantdamnteed you ps3 is gonna piss you off .

" what about port forwarding"

Good question let me tell you port forwarding on console it sucks , it doesn't fix your problem i have 2 computes running servers for my games on pc mixed that with console you get giant lag spike raping your router, i had to shut down my pc for that what a load of bullshit, no matter how you set ports range 4000 - 6000 <-- these numbers dont mean nothing but u don't see that on pc , on pc if we port forward a game you notice a stable ping that let's play smoothly in cunclosion

do i hate console and pc , i treat them both equally but what i'm most mad at is consoles on how they aren't really consistent with their online game.

I've never had a Playstation, and the red ring of death on Xbox was a hardware issue, not a driver issue. Supposedly you could fix it by adjusting the heatsink brackets. Also, I used to use water cooling on my PC - never fixed any driver issues for me, water cooling only made the temps lower. That's not going to fix a buggy game or a game that doesn't play nice with current drivers.

Lastly, a PC shouldn't need constant care. If you sell a $50 game, it ought to work with drivers current by release date, without any major game stopping bugs. The PC market didn't use to have a particularly great track record of that. I did not say consoles are superior, just that the amount of troubleshooting I've had to do to get games working on Xbox is zero, and the amount on PC is far, far greater.

Even veteran PC owners cannot avoid gaming companies and their usual "update your drivers to solve all your issues with our game" crap. Oh, and disable your antivirus, and end various processes in the Task Manager. I've been there, I've read that useless shit they recommend while waiting months for a patch to make the game playable. Games can be very, very buggy and the situation is comparatively worse on the PC side of things.

I've never bought a game that required DLC, so can't comment. But the DLC I've seen on the few Xbox games I've bought DLC for also had the same DLC available on Steam. I really don't see a significant difference between the two in this regard, but maybe that's just the type of games I play.

Guest Lady Luck

I've never had a Playstation' date=' and the red ring of death on Xbox was a hardware issue, not a driver issue. Supposedly you could fix it by adjusting the heatsink brackets. Also, I used to use water cooling on my PC - never fixed any driver issues for me, water cooling only made the temps lower. That's not going to fix a buggy game or a game that doesn't play nice with current drivers.

Lastly, a PC shouldn't need constant care. If you sell a $50 game, it ought to work with drivers current by release date, without any major game stopping bugs. The PC market didn't use to have a particularly great track record of that. I did not say consoles are superior, just that the amount of troubleshooting I've had to do to get games working on Xbox is zero, and the amount on PC is far, far greater.

Even veteran PC owners cannot avoid gaming companies and their usual "update your drivers to solve all your issues with our game" crap. Oh, and disable your antivirus, and end various processes in the Task Manager. I've been there, I've read that useless shit they recommend while waiting months for a patch to make the game playable. Games can be very, very buggy and the situation is comparatively worse on the PC side of things.

I've never bought a game that required DLC, so can't comment. But the DLC I've seen on the few Xbox games I've bought DLC for also had the same DLC available on Steam. I really don't see a significant difference between the two in this regard, but maybe that's just the type of games I play.

[/quote']

true i agree some point you made but u know there's one thing console good at Exclusivity that pc gaming didn't have ....

Most points have been made here for both PC'S and consoles so Im going to try to focus on what hasn't been mentioned.

Both platforms have there uses, I spend more time wiping dust of my PS3 than playing it but I still use it every now and then. I play a wide varity of games but for FPS's I prefer to use a mouse and keyboard it just feels more natural for me. I also like the ability to pick my own servers with the features turned off a don't like(martydrom for example) plus it seems like there are more adults playing on PC servers than kids(People that act like kids).there are exceptions for both theses points I know ,but I'm saying in general.

Also I enjoy RTS's which beg for a PC format. For fighting games and exclusive franshises I prefer my console(FF series,Gran torismo).When playing RPG's its nice to have all those extra keys to macro so PC. I can go on and on.Point is the input devices you use to play with also make a difference.

And as Domgar mentioned I also bought my PS3 for a cheap blu-ray drive but that was in 2007(Blu-Ray player's were around $1000.00 and the PS3 with a game and acc. was $800 something)that is no longer the case you can now by a decent blu-ray drive for your PC for $70-100 range.So this argument no longer applies.(or maybe it does since the PS3 is what $300 now,well if your a member of this forum you probably own a PC so what's an extra $70.00 I still stand by this)

Final point if I could only use one it would be the PC no contest but I enjoy both for different uses.

PC's without a doubt are superior to consoles. That being said, I don't actively hate on consoles, hell I grew up on consoles. The old platformers of the day were some of the greatest games I've ever played. However when discovering PC gaming, I instantly saw how much better gaming was.

I can only think of 2 or 3 genres that are "better" to play on consoles than on a PC: fighting games, racing games, and platformers. That's it. Anything else: FPS's, RTS's, RPG's, MMO's, etc are all vastly superior on the PC. Aside from the three genres stated, I can't stand playing games on consoles. I detest FPS controls on consoles. The graphics, the aiming (or the lack of), even the general feel of the game. I don't know if it's the FOV or whatever but console FPSs are much more confusing to play. I'm constantly trying to turn and find out what the heck's going on in a firefight and yet I can't. Halo 4 demonstrates this perfectly.

Now, I could go on and on about that sort of thing, but I'd just be saying what's been said a million times before. In the end PC gaming is the superior experience however I don't mind or care if you prefer consoles over them.

JUST MAH 2 CENTS!

Bah, fuck the technical arguments and what not. I like both. Granted, once I upgraded my comps graphics card, I find myself turning on my 360 a lot less. But I want, say, Armored Core 5, which is console exclusive, and honestly, it doesn't really bother me all that much. And not to mention, it's a lot easier for gaming with a friend or two, just hanging out in the same room.

About playing smoothly on consoles. Go to someone that have xbxo 360 and ask him to play Fable 3. Then rethink your argument.

Or just don't play that piece of shit, no matter what platform you play it on. :P What an absolutely atrocious sequel to a great game.

Guest Lady Luck

Bah' date=' fuck the technical arguments and what not. I like both. Granted, once I upgraded my comps graphics card, I find myself turning on my 360 a lot less. But I want, say, Armored Core 5, which is console exclusive, and honestly, it doesn't really bother me all that much. And not to mention, it's a lot easier for gaming with a friend or two, just hanging out in the same room.

About playing smoothly on consoles. Go to someone that have xbxo 360 and ask him to play Fable 3. Then rethink your argument.

Or just don't play that piece of shit, no matter what platform you play it on. :P What an absolutely atrocious sequel to a great game.

lol someone push Nuklear bomb button didn't day "FAAAAABLEEE 3 SUCCCKKKKSSSS" lol

Guest flingingfeces

When it comes to this generation of consoles I prefer PC over them. The constant need to install a patch or install a game to my PS3 hard drive just to play it really grinds my gears. I'm better off just using my PC because it's faster at doing it. If the PS3 had a huge hdd to begin with it wouldn't be so bad, but due to warranty issues and mine being backward compatible I don't dare upgrade it.

However I do love my older consoles like my Gamecube, PS2, Dreamcast and Snes way more than my PC. So many good memories and having a friend right along side you on the couch is waaaay better than being hunched over the desk or playing online, but by yourself imho.

You can break you monitor if you slap it, but smacking your friend and cracking up is priceless. Consoles FTW well older ones.

Guest Lady Luck

When it comes to this generation of consoles I prefer PC over them. The constant need to install a patch or install a game to my PS3 hard drive just to play it really grinds my gears. I'm better off just using my PC because it's faster at doing it. If the PS3 had a huge hdd to begin with it wouldn't be so bad' date=' but due to warranty issues and mine being backward compatible I don't dare upgrade it.

However I do love my older consoles like my Gamecube, PS2, Dreamcast and Snes way more than my PC. So many good memories and having a friend right along side you on the couch is waaaay better than being hunched over the desk or playing online, but by yourself imho.

You can break you monitor if you slap it, but smacking your friend and cracking up is priceless. Consoles FTW well older ones.

[/quote']

you forget pc also has emulators :P

Guest Lady Luck

Am I the only one that finds a topic like this unnecessary? Its pretty obvious that everyone here is going to side with PC. Not only that but you're comparing the PC which can easily be upgraded to consoles that are nearly a decade old.

not really unnecessary ... just think this thread debate/discussion/thoughts its up to you ether you want to join or not ' date=' i created this thread so people will know difference personal computers and console gaming.

true i agree with you i can turn my pc into arcade entertaintment without coders , console can do that but the frame rate is horrible i remember there's a homebrew out on classic xbox not all the games are playable because of the bios is retail version [ i have classic hacked xbox that i bought long time ago and can play arcade games but not as fluid like pc does , it suffer slow down sometime the console crashed'] we can't do much about it , however on the pc we had bioses that update constantly.

Guest Lady Luck

i love the old west. i can play red dead redemption on my console. that makes consoles win. period.

:P

did u forget there's other rockstar game instead red dead redemption , max payne 3 , la noire , gta v , gta 4 ,gta 3 , gta sand andreas , sleeping dogs.

one game that's it? , what's the point playing only red dead redemption when other games on console available out there, like me i have hundreds up on hundreds of pc game in box set, sure RDR is great but can it stand test of time with open world genre on PC mod community FTW!.

Guest Lady Luck

hehe im just playing around. i was tired. thas why i put the face: :P

lmao good thing your a cat otherwise i tear your furr away i keed XD i love cats :D.

did u forget there's other rockstar game instead red dead redemption ' date=' max payne 3 , la noire , gta v , gta 4 ,gta 3 , gta sand andreas , sleeping dogs.

[/quote']

Even though it was open world, sleeping dogs was not a rockstar game . Also red dead redemption was an amazing but game it doesnt make consoles better, it is the problem with consoles, trying to make good exclusives because people would not buy consoles otherwise.

Guest Lady Luck

did u forget there's other rockstar game instead red dead redemption ' date=' max payne 3 , la noire , gta v , gta 4 ,gta 3 , gta sand andreas , sleeping dogs.

[/quote']

Even though it was open world, sleeping dogs was not a rockstar game . Also red dead redemption was an amazing but game it doesnt make consoles better, it is the problem with consoles, trying to make good exclusives because people would not buy consoles otherwise.

no to mentioned " they lie alot"

[/quote']

sony *cough* *cough* ... :P

The problems with consoles is that when they finally release a new one, no company want to be the first one to make a new console. Because the other companies will wait and look at what the first one released and make their release better performance wise.

Now this makes the first buyers of said console biased as they dont want to admit to buying an inferior console.

That said when compared to a PC a console will never ever win in performance or flexibility. All they have is exclusive games to sell. The day a Console try and sell a keyboard and a mouse with their product they will have failed. Why? Simple they just got compared with a PC and that they can never win.

Is the idea behind a console bad? In a way it is, because it will eventually end due to other things taking its place while the PC has its place as always.

So what is best? PC or Console? I prefer PC, but that is my very own biased view of this topic. It all comes down to what you want out of your product in the end. And can live with have spent money on it.

Guest flingingfeces

The day a Console try and sell a keyboard and a mouse with their product they will have failed. Why? Simple they just got compared with a PC and that they can never win.

I tend to agree and not at the same time. I get what you mean, but here lately with the release of apps on the PS3 I'm able to watch hulu, crackle and youtube in another room. I like having that option now where as last year I had to use my pc to do that or squint at my mobile device. My eyesight is craptacular.

Plus I can browse the net albeit not as fast, but still if I just want to check something without having to turn on my pc it's right there for a quicky.:P

I think the next generation of consoles will be the most flexible we've ever seen them and with constant patches and updates to their OS's they are more like PC's than ever before. Double edged sword. Also I would like to take time to point out that I am on both sides. So this thread to me kinda negates itself. XD Still I like the topic and reading the debates.

Few console games got their mods: Morrowind on xbox and Final Fantasy Tactics for psx, maybe some others.

Ultimately PC vs. Console discussion is dumb one.

When I want to mess in Total War, it's PC time.

When I want to run that shiny Porsche, it's Forza 4 time.

When I want to grind, like hell, it's either Disgaea for ps2 or...Disgaea for ps3:)

Learn it, love it. No system is perfect and won't be. Choose one with most games you like and have fun. What if one packs bigger punch (PC)? Almost nothing, multiplatform games look better, that's all. Power of PC doesn't make console games worse.

Here should come one big complain: consoles blockade improvement of PC games. Problem is, that consoles are bigger market, not PC. Most people drives some normal cars, not Ferraris and Lambos. And those in Ferraris can complain about lack of good enough roads as well.

I used to be a console person until I got into the PC gaming world. The PC is so much more versatile than consoles due to one thing: Mods

Until consoles can match the PC in the ability to have mods to their games, the PC will always be the clear winner in this "war" to me.

Take Morrowind for example. A very old game that looks very old on the Xbox. One the PC? There are mods that update the textures and models to make it look AMAZING. Not to mention community added content that is readily available for pretty much any PC game makes it superior to consoles.

Sadly console gamers seem to be driving the current games market. I don't hate consoles or console gamers but the majority of them have no patience for a deep and immersive PC style game, so we PC gamers are stuck with sad ports that the community has to "fix" via mods.

Wow! That was long-winded and dumb. I must be sleepy... refer to my sig if you disagree. :D

Archived