New Type 6 body and armor replacer

gubnillec

A very nice new body and armor replacer has been put up on the Nexus. The author did a great job of redesigning several armors. The only downside I have seen so far is that his work is not weighted for bouncing breasts.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=44102

Wow, that's quite a nice body there. And most importantly the feet don't have that weird angle that causes your character to stand on his toes instead of his feet... this might just be enough to get me to play New Vegas again. As stupid as it may sound, this issue with the feet always bugged me hard. I guees I just love feet too much, lol.

A very nice new body and armor replacer has been put up on the Nexus. The author did a great job of redesigning several armors. The only downside I have seen so far is that his work is not weighted for bouncing breasts.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=44102

Wow' date=' that's quite a nice body there. And most importantly the feet don't have that weird angle that causes your character to stand on his toes instead of his feet... this might just be enough to get me to play New Vegas again. As stupid as it may sound, this issue with the feet always bugged me hard. I guees I just love feet too much, lol.

[/quote']

OH KARTHUS! haha

This is very interesting. But I don't feel the stock armor on average being so sexed up makes sense for me.

You don't have to use the .esp. If you just want the body drop the body meshes inside your meshes\character\_male folder. The body is somewhat different from the normal type 3 bodies but at least I don't notice much of a difference when equipping type 3 armors.

Would altering the body mesh similar to how BB armor are created be able to make this body BB compatible?

Pretty sure, at least that should be the case if your talking about what I think you are- you would be taking a BB mesh and basically copying the weighting and skeleton over to the new body correct? The worst thing that may happen is you may discover the meshes need a touch of tweaking to prevent clipping and/or the meshes not bouncing properly.

I've weighted bodies before' date=' it's not hard, you can always just paint the boobs in Blender manually, using the BNB default bodies as your guide.

[/quote']

Don't you also need the compatible BB skeleton as well to match it up?

Yes, you do. heh. Just import a BB compatible skeleton in Blender.

I suspect getting the rights / permission to distribute the weight body and compatible clothes would be the problem. Since the current body (last I checked) is not BNB compatible, either the author wanted the boobs non-bouncing or he was unable to obtain the rights to use the BNB skeleton. Either way it'd be an obstacle.

Good news and bad news

Good news, it works. Using the BB Cali as a base, it is possible to covert Type6 to bounce pretty convincingly.

By using the mesh from Optional Player Bodies file here

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38524

And

Following the How to make BB armor guide in here

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40227

Bad news, I don't think I can upload it.

You know. After downloading this and looking over some of the meshes, Ill say this is definitely the better replacer... Assuming you pick and choose a bit to get it just how you want it. Since I still think SOME of the armor here is a bit silly. Mostly some of the raider armor, though the badlands armor is a straight improvement, and it looks nice enough now that I'd actually put it on my characters.

I'm also using this. I don't like most of the other body edits but this looks really nice. It's true that some armor looks silly but it doesn't cross my "that's just stupid" line like some of the other mods seem to do.

The bodies look really wonderful.

Gotta say though, for someone who isn't used to messing around with these types of mods, the installation instructions were really lacking.

Correct, Necroscope does said that the meshes can be share as long as credit is given, but the tricky part comes from BNB.

Armor conversion for BNB can be also be upload to Nexus as long as it does not contain any of the original mesh, texture, or skeleton from BNB.

Body conversion on the other hand...seems trickier to say the least.

Archived